• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The remaining schedule and playoff chances.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeks 8-10 we have @ Carolina, Oakland and the New York Giants. We should be 6-3 at that point, despite whatever panic ands negativity you might currently be feeling.

And then week 11-16 will make or break us. The schedule is absolutely brutal:
@ KC
Arizona
@ SF
@ Phil
SF
@ Ariz

The good news, if there is any, is that the team should be fully healthy by week 11 (assumming more players don't go down).

I think 11-5 might be a longshot and 10-6 is probably our reality. But, who knows? This team is pretty good when their back is against the wall. On the flip side, lots of times they don't start playing well until their backs are against the wall.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm encouraged by how our offense starting clicking in the second half... That's good momentum going forward... Biggest key to us making the playoffs is guy's getting back also... Were banged up right now.. But I"m encouraged we can win some games short handed with the way Russ took over that game yesterday and how we started running the ball affectively... Some of those holding call's were BS and Lynch should a had more yardage... But that's ok we still looked better in the second half.... Carry that momentum over...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really concerned about the schedule as much as playing our brand of football. If we can clean things up I think every game is winnable. If we play like we did against Washington, Dallas and the 1st half of St. Louis then we will lose alot of games this year. Im hopeful the offense has turned a corner and hopefully something is figured out schematically to get more pressure on defense.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is that it looks like it the second place teams in the NFC East and NFC North are going to get the Wildcards at this point, so our only real chance of making the playoffs will probably be winning the division. Being down two games to ARZ, is not the spot we want to be in, hopefully we get some help in the next few weeks...and more importantly, help ourselves by winning!!!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm encouraged by how our offense starting clicking in the second half... That's good momentum going forward... Biggest key to us making the playoffs is guy's getting back also... Were banged up right now.. But I"m encouraged we can win some games short handed with the way Russ took over that game yesterday and how we started running the ball affectively... Some of those holding call's were BS and Lynch should a had more yardage... But that's ok we still looked better in the second half.... Carry that momentum over...

I was encouraged by the offense in the second half also. But, we've seeen this before. They have to stop digging themselves an early hole against mediocre teams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I see is that it looks like it the second place teams in the NFC East and NFC North are going to get the Wildcards at this point, so our only real chance of making the playoffs will probably be winning the division. Being down two games to ARZ, is not the spot we want to be in, hopefully we get some help in the next few weeks...and more importantly, help ourselves by winning!!!

Outside of San Diego Arizona played a pretty easy schedule to date. The 49ers were horribly banged up (still are), and their one formidable opponent in Denver killed them.

I still expect it to be Seattle/San Fran down the stretch. Once San Fran gets Bowman/Willis/Smith back they'll be hard as ever, and once Seattle gets Wagner/Unger/Maxwell + Healthy Kam we should be fairly good too. Now that locker room cancer is gone, things should work out.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeks 8-10 we have @ Carolina, Oakland and the New York Giants. We should be 6-3 at that point, despite whatever panic ands negativity you might currently be feeling.

And then week 11-16 will make or break us. The schedule is absolutely brutal:
@ KC
Arizona
@ SF
@ Phil
SF
@ Ariz

The good news, if there is any, is that the team should be fully healthy by week 11 (assumming more players don't go down).

I think 11-5 might be a longshot and 10-6 is probably our reality. But, who knows? This team is pretty good when their back is against the wall. On the flip side, lots of times they don't start playing well until their backs are against the wall.

I don't know that I'd be counting this week at Carolina as a win. As much as the Rams the always play us tight, we have a similar problem with Carolina. Outside of their loss to GB yesterday they look pretty good. And we are on the road and its an early game again. Then we should be Oakland at home and NY at home (depending which Eli shows up).

This team definitely has its work cut out for it from now on. Their room for error is gone.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys come on. Playoffs are way too far out to be looking at now. Didn't the bears start out 8-0 last year? Only to miss the playoffs.

Dallas and philly aren't shoe ins to keep up this pace.

Neither are gb and det. Lots of football left to be played.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the offense hopefully getting back on track, our players on D getting healthy and Harvin being shipped off, I feel Seattle can still make a run to 10 or 11 wins. Of course it's still 1 game at a time but just have a gut feeling.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! I think I just rear ended the band wagon! Sorry, I was stoned! Every team in our division plays the hawks tough. Not an easy schedule at all. So talking about playoffs at this point is useless.

I love how the national media made excuses for the niners and all their injuries. I think the hawks have more starters out but haven't looked it up. We just ain't the same team as last season. And we got spoiled winning all the close games. I like the idea of dumping Harvin for almost nothing. It hurt but it also sends a message. Not sure how much losing Tate was because of Harvin but thankfully we got a SB before the cancer spread. I wish him well in NY but the better part is the Hawk management not being afraid to admit they made a mistake and move on.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I feel calm about the woes we have right now, except maybe injuries and not just from those missing games, guys playing thru injuries but not being able to as effective as when healthy. Kam comes to mind, I betting their are others suffering and playing thru injuries that we don't know about, yet noticed they aren't making a impact.
That being said I still feel good about the Seahawks chances, they will bounce back. On the general NFL board you hear so much hew hawing about the Seahawks losing. Well, laugh while you can suckers because this team is to good not to bounce back.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys come on. Playoffs are way too far out to be looking at now. Didn't the bears start out 8-0 last year? Only to miss the playoffs.

Dallas and philly aren't shoe ins to keep up this pace.

Neither are gb and det. Lots of football left to be played.

No, they were 5-3. Point taken though.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I'd be counting this week at Carolina as a win. As much as the Rams the always play us tight, we have a similar problem with Carolina. Outside of their loss to GB yesterday they look pretty good. And we are on the road and its an early game again. Then we should be Oakland at home and NY at home (depending which Eli shows up).

This team definitely has its work cut out for it from now on. Their room for error is gone.

Carolina looked like crap against Pittsburgh as well, but I do agree that it's probably going to be tough game against Carolina. There's just no way they come out that sloppy against Seattle.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'03 or '04 Vikes started 6-0 and missed. Pretty sure that's the hottest start to collapse and stay home.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The panthers are probably a sub .500 team this year but i can guarantee they will play their best game on sunday. If we win its by a couple points, maybe even 1.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was encouraged by the offense in the second half also. But, we've seeen this before. They have to stop digging themselves an early hole against mediocre teams.

Still... We scored on our last 3 possessions I believe it was .... Russ got into a nice groove and the line was doing a pretty good job... That was the best offense I've seen in a while... I"m thinking this carries over...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy with the offense in the 2nd half.

I think we got a very good chance at a Wild Card. Don't know about the division because zona is on a roll

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy with the offense in the 2nd half.

I think we got a very good chance at a Wild Card. Don't know about the division because zona is on a roll

I'm not as sold on Arizona, yet. We'll see when the meat of their schedule comes into play. They have good wins at home against SD and SF, They were blown out in their only decent road game (Denver). Now, I'm not saying that they don't win the division, just not ready to crown them, yet.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as sold on Arizona, yet. We'll see when the meat of their schedule comes into play. They have good wins at home against SD and SF, They were blown out in their only decent road game (Denver). Now, I'm not saying that they don't win the division, just not ready to crown them, yet.

It's pretty hard to overlook what they are doing in Arizona and not be impressed. I'm not going to crown anyone either but they are the hottest team in the NFC west. Not just this year either, they are 12-3 over their past 15 games so there is no way this year is some fluke. Plus they were doing it with a third string QB lately which makes their wins this year even more impressive. I'm certain that Seattle has a team that compete with them but I'd lay even odds right now for those two games coming up against Zona.