• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Accountability and the Media

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Boston Globe sportswriter, Tara Sullivan, wrote an article in this morning's Boston Sunday Globe (1031/2021) complaining about how Bill Belichick's refusal to directly answer the media's questions across all professional sports and how it's affected being able to inform the fan and reader. She believes that professional and college colleges have a duty to inform the public and should be held accountable for providing that information.

One fan (@BigKen) believes That the only person that coaches are accountable to are their bosses. The gouy that writes and signs the checks not the twerp who ants to be first or get the moist clicks. In my opinion, she whining about about coaches not making her job easier. I place sports in a similar category of combat. Would the media expect a general to give them a carefully planned and constructed plan of attack against an enemy? Can you see a headline, "Navy Seal Team train for Surprise Attack on Tehran on June 16th.

The media has had a greater and growing effect on everything from elections, economy, employment and everyday life than ever in the history of the earth. Because of the speed of social media, newspapers are dying a steady death because they can only print yesterday's news, hence everything has become opinionated on current events because the news you're reading today, you've already seen on the TV or on your cell phone.

Sorry folks, The Boston Sunday Globe costs $6.00 on the news stand in Boston and $7.00 outside of Boston and even th3 front page is an opinion of the news that happened yesterday. No one can rely on a newspaper for up to the minute breaking news.

More than 1200 daily, weekly and monthly newspapers have folded over the past 22 years. It's certainly saved thousands of trees. It it certainly isn't going to save the remaining dinosaurs. Complaining that coaches don't answer their questions so someone can read tomorrow about what they'll see or hear on the TV or radio or see on their phone today doesn't seem to be anything more than crying about one's own antique method of reporting?

Side note: I bought a 12 week subscription to daily delivery of the Globe for $68. Will I renew? NO. I watched everything that's in the paper that concerns me on television yesterday . Of course, other than sports, that was also opinionated.

Comments? Criticisms?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that the coaches responsibility is to win games. Everything else is fluff. Sure, I'm way into sports (particularly football) and I love to follow every thing about it but the coach owes me nothing other than an effort to win.

The media has become this giant beast that thinks the world must bow down to them and I'm glad BB flips them the finger. I wish others would do the same.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Boston Globe sportswriter, Tara Sullivan, wrote an article in this morning's Boston Sunday Globe (1031/2021) complaining about how Bill Belichick's refusal to directly answer the media's questions across all professional sports and how it's affected being able to inform the fan and reader. She believes that professional and college colleges have a duty to inform the public and should be held accountable for providing that information.

One fan (@BigKen) believes That the only person that coaches are accountable to are their bosses. The gouy that writes and signs the checks not the twerp who ants to be first or get the moist clicks. In my opinion, she whining about about coaches not making her job easier. I place sports in a similar category of combat. Would the media expect a general to give them a carefully planned and constructed plan of attack against an enemy? Can you see a headline, "Navy Seal Team train for Surprise Attack on Tehran on June 16th.

The media has had a greater and growing effect on everything from elections, economy, employment and everyday life than ever in the history of the earth. Because of the speed of social media, newspapers are dying a steady death because they can only print yesterday's news, hence everything has become opinionated on current events because the news you're reading today, you've already seen on the TV or on your cell phone.

Sorry folks, The Boston Sunday Globe costs $6.00 on the news stand in Boston and $7.00 outside of Boston and even th3 front page is an opinion of the news that happened yesterday. No one can rely on a newspaper for up to the minute breaking news.

More than 1200 daily, weekly and monthly newspapers have folded over the past 22 years. It's certainly saved thousands of trees. It it certainly isn't going to save the remaining dinosaurs. Complaining that coaches don't answer their questions so someone can read tomorrow about what they'll see or hear on the TV or radio or see on their phone today doesn't seem to be anything more than crying about one's own antique method of reporting?

Side note: I bought a 12 week subscription to daily delivery of the Globe for $68. Will I renew? NO. I watched everything that's in the paper that concerns me on television yesterday . Of course, other than sports, that was also opinionated.

Comments? Criticisms?
How long have you been out of military?
Nowadays reporters are demanding that military provide even classified information because the world has a right yo know!

You might question why you think BB is not obligated to tell the press anything but you think he is obligated to tell BigKen?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might question why you think BB is not obligated to tell the press anything but you think he is obligated to tell BigKen?
He owes me. I have photos from an old thing called a Polaroid. 8^)