• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, Good game for a half. UCLA is a good team. Very good performance for that 1st half on both sides of the ball. Considering all the injuries.... Nothing to hang the head about.

Going to come down to ASU vs UCLA for the south. Possible rematch for Ducks Bruins.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita sorry but Hundley either is overrated and cant play well vs elite defenses.......... Or Mazzones offenses dont work vs elite defenses.
I don't think he is overrated, he just needs more time to mature along with his O line. Playing 3 true freshman on the O line could make even the best QB's look shaky vs elite defenses.

Time to right the ship and kick some Buffalo butt!

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Vita. Got your pm. Home teams and UCLA every week?

Travel safely

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita sorry but Hundley either is overrated and cant play well vs elite defenses.......... Or Mazzones offenses dont work vs elite defenses.

Or it was Hundley's 1st trip to the Autzen Zoo.

Look at the history of first time starts for PAC QBs in Autzen. Even when the DUcks were bad, 1st timers at Autzen struggle.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long will Uclas line be banged? This is a huge advantage for ASU.

Florida State is at Florida though I could see an egg being laid.

Brock was great @ Autzen. Even though he played before he got injured early. Same offense to that Hundley runs.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure. But those 3 true freshman played well for the 1sst half. Then got dominated.

I could see a similar outcome in the trenches vs ASU. Good for a half then the ASU d line takes over.

Question is, how will the ASU offense do against the UCLA defense. THey are stingy. Great LB play.... Best in the PAC at LB. Hands down.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gators are terrible.

Really dont see FSU losing unless they totally choke.

Oregon is more vulnerable to a loss than FSU.

But if both win out, Oregon will remain ahead of FSU. Very dumb that there is a potential for a couple AQ conference schools having an unbeaten not get a shot at the NATTY.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also Vita. Got your pm. Home teams and UCLA every week?

Travel safely
Will do! Expecting a trip of a lifetime!!

You know mamba, if you can get the spreads out early enough this week, (I actually leave Wednesday morning.) maybe I can get true picks in for this week and I can just make my best play for Week 11. It's looks like I will be back in time to pick the Friday night Washington @ UCLA game in Week 12 too.

So anyway I'll just go with this for Week 11 and see if you can get those lines up for this week by Tuesday sometime.

Week 11

Oregon @ Stanford (Sure it will be game of the week)
Oregon 35 Stanford 24

UCLA @ Arizona
USC @ Cal
ASU @ Utah
Colorado @ Washington

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure. But those 3 true freshman played well for the 1sst half. Then got dominated.

I could see a similar outcome in the trenches vs ASU. Good for a half then the ASU d line takes over.

Question is, how will the ASU offense do against the UCLA defense. THey are stingy. Great LB play.... Best in the PAC at LB. Hands down.
I thought the Oregon secondary was dominate and that is were the game was won. I can recall Hundley throwing down field on just two occasions, both picks.:doh: Our WR's needed a bit more time to get open and with all the youth on the OL we just couldn't give them or Hundley enough time make a play and spread the field.

And I agree with mamba, this game will be won or lost by UCLA's defense. Our offense will get theirs at home.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida State is at Florida though I could see an egg being laid.

Brock was great @ Autzen. Even though he played before he got injured early. Same offense to that Hundley runs.
Those young men were highly recruited and will have three more games under their belt. Some of those starters may not even return even if they are ready to go.

I'm thinking RB Jordon James will be back too, he was off to a great season before his injury.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit Anthony Barr is an animal on the edge unblockable at times.
Just hope you get the same PAC12 ref crew that came to Autzen last week, they let Oregon get away with holding all day. (Again, not that it mattered in the big picture) But it could be the difference for your boyz in Pasadena and believe me they will be holding Barr because you're right, he is just unblockable at times.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope you get the same PAC12 ref crew that came to Autzen last week, they let Oregon get away with holding all day. (Again, not that it mattered in the big picture) But it could be the difference for your boyz in Pasadena and believe me they will be holding Barr because you're right, he is just unblockable at times.

that same crew that let zumwalt get away with hits to the head and taunting?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weeks AP Poll:

2) Oregon
6) Stanford
17) UCLA
25) ASU

Got votes: Oregon St. 17, Washington 6, Arizona 2

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that same crew that let zumwalt get away with hits to the head and taunting?
Yep that's one!:lol:

I thought they got it right, and would have been okay with a PF there too. He wasn't leading with his helmet (Actually thought he pulled his head back when he delivered the hit and was throwing his shoulder. I agree there was helmet to helmet contact made and if that would have been the QB in the pocket passing it's a PF no doubt.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Miller's PAC12 power rankings and bowl projections:

1. Oregon: The Ducks have met all challenges with a dominant effort. No team has been able to end up within three touchdowns of them after four quarters. Can Stanford solve the Oregon riddle at home on Nov. 7?

2. Stanford: Stanford isn't as fancy-pants as Oregon. It doesn't win pretty. But, despite a slip at Utah, the Cardinal are clearly the No. 2 team in the Pac-12. Last year we typed the same just before they dispatched the No. 1 team, Oregon.

3. Arizona State: The Sun Devils had a week off to rest and figure out how to package the strong performances at home and bring them on the road. They'll test the efficacy of what they developed at Washington State, a team that is hungry to get bowl eligible. It's a Halloween showdown that might end up haunting one or the other.

4. UCLA: Just like Washington, the Bruins couldn't handle the Stanford-Oregon, back-to-back gauntlet. The good news for the Bruins is they get Colorado at home now, not Arizona State on the road. Still, the Bruins can't just show up and think things will be easy. That could lead to an embarrassing pratfall.

5. Oregon State: The Beavers' first loss since the opening disaster against Eastern Washington certainly was less painful. Or was it? The Beavers are going to watch Stanford game tape and they are going to have regrets over many, many missed opportunities. That goes for players and coaches, as Mike Riley noted after the game. No time to rest, though, as USC comes to town for a Friday showdown.

6. Washington: The Huskies healed in many areas against California, which is sort of the role the Bears have played this year. The offense -- QB Keith Price and RB Bishop Sankey -- put up huge numbers. Now they get a week off before playing host to Colorado. Then back-to-back road trips to UCLA and Oregon State, which will make or break the season.

7. USC: The Trojans, injury-ravaged though they are, played great defense against Utah, though the Utes had their own injury woes. They need two more wins on a 13-game schedule to become bowl eligible. Up next is a dreaded visit to Corvallis, where USC's fortunes have not been great in recent years.

8. Arizona: The Wildcats are operating under the radar, in large part due to their schedule. They will try to become bowl eligible at Cal this weekend. Then, however, the road tilts a bit uphill: UCLA, Washington State, Oregon and at Arizona State. We'll shortly find out if this is a six/seven-win team or an eight/nine-win team.

9. Washington State: The Cougars were off this week, just like their opponent on Halloween, Arizona State. They need to win two of their final four games to become bowl eligible. Wonder if Mike Leach has any special tricks or treats for the Sun Devils?

10. Utah: The win over Stanford was satisfying, but the bottom line is the Utes, after starting 0-4 in Pac-12 play the previous two years, are now 1-4 in conference play. The obvious key to turning things around? Getting QB Travis Wilson healthy and back to form, so it's a good time for a bye week. The visit from Arizona State on Nov. 9 has the potential to be a telling game for both teams.

11. Colorado: The Buffs put up a good fight against Arizona, but they were unable to get key stops on defense. Things don't get any easier, with back-to-back road trips to UCLA and Washington coming up.

12. California: The story wasn't much different against Washington. Will it be any different with a visit from Arizona? It feels like the Bears' best, perhaps only, shot at a conference win will be at Colorado on Nov. 16.

Three Pac-12 teams already are bowl eligible and four others need just one more win. USC, Utah and Washington State need two more wins.

BCS National Championship Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 6, 2014): Oregon vs. BCS
Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO (Jan. 1, 2014): Stanford vs. Big Ten
Valero Alamo Bowl (Dec. 30): UCLA vs. Big 12
National University Holiday Bowl (Dec. 30): Arizona State vs. Big 12
Hyundai Sun Bowl (Dec. 31): Oregon State vs. ACC
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 21): Washington vs. MWC
Fight Hunger Bowl (Dec. 27): USC vs. BYU
Gildan New Mexico Bowl (Dec. 21): Arizona vs. MWC
Heart of Dallas Bowl (Jan. 1, 2014): Utah vs. Conference USA

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This weeks AP Poll:

2) Oregon
6) Stanford
17) UCLA
25) ASU

Got votes: Oregon St. 17, Washington 6, Arizona 2
Funny how a PAC team loses to No. 2 and No. 5, both games on the road, with 1 loss between them and they are still behind three SEC teams with 2 losses. Two of the three have lost to teams with 6 and 7 loses respectively between the two teams they lost to and the other lost their 2 at home! :omg:

I can live with the later (Texas A&M). I know a lot of it had to do with the final score in the Oregon game however who's gonna keep up with the Ducks this year?

Well as they say, stay tuned!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wiz, You seriously have some coping issues.

Now you are going to sport Oregon's opponent's team logo every week???

Weak sauce.

ANd you say we are obsessed with the rivalry. Look at your profile man... Sheesh

Wouldnt be surprised if all your Husky minions join in. Hell, wouldnt be surprised if this whole thread does it.

Oregon vs the world.

Just the way we fans like it.

That's kind of how a rivalry works. Every week I pull for 3 teams: my Trojans and whoever is playing UCLA and whoever is playing Stanford.

I have pulled for UCLA once (vs. Oregon) and Notre Dame once (back in 2003 when a ND win would have put USC in the NCG). I got screwed both times and won't be doing that again!!:lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of how a rivalry works. Every week I pull for 3 teams: my Trojans and whoever is playing UCLA and whoever is playing Stanford.

I have pulled for UCLA once (vs. Oregon) and Notre Dame once (back in 2003 when a ND win would have put USC in the NCG). I got screwed both times and won't be doing that again!!:lol:
With that kind of track record, maybe you should pull for them every week.

#thinkoutsidethebox

Status
Not open for further replies.