• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is there left to really say? We had several chances as we do every game and can't capitalize, It's plain crazy. I don't see Hakstol being fired, but I do see a youth movement coming. I really hope someone can become a solid number one goalie.we need one badly.
Hakstol shouldn't get fired its the core who have been through three coaches that should be on the hook.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loss was not Mason's fault ... for those who think it was.
It was not Konecny's fault either.

This game was lost by the power plays inability to score, and the insistence of players to put their bodies in the goalies sight lines. That is the Assistant Coaches. That has to change.

For the Goalies, let them see the puck and let them stop the puck.

For the PP...how about some motion? How about not using the same passing pattern on three consecutive possessions? Giroux and Voracek? How about hitting the net? not scoring, but putting the puck on net?

This Core has to be changed in some way. I think the Assistant Coaches are all up for evaluation.
It is frustrating because they were supposed to be a bubble team and then had that 10 game streak.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This game was lost by the power plays inability to score, and the insistence of players to put their bodies in the goalies sight lines. That is the Assistant Coaches. That has to change.

For the PP...how about some motion? How about not using the same passing pattern on three consecutive possessions? Giroux and Voracek? How about hitting the net? not scoring, but putting the puck on net?

This Core has to be changed in some way. I think the Assistant Coaches are all up for evaluation.
It is frustrating because they were supposed to be a bubble team and then had that 10 game streak.
THIS ^^^^

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides seeing Bob it was also disappointing to see Gagner put up his 18th goal and 44th point of the year. 5 less points that Gee and 5 more goals.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought that a buddy and myself were mulling over......mind you it was just a thought.

All the things being said Gee was going to be traded, but later finding out he could not be because of his contract.....
What do you think of the possibility of the Flyers not protecting him in the expansion draft????

It would be a viable out for Hexy, as far as with his contract....if hate to see that happen, but at this point anything is possible.

Please, don't stone me or anything of that nature, it was just a thought.
For that fact anyone who is not holding the line could end up not getting protected and shipped out to make room for guys to come up next season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought that a buddy and myself were mulling over......mind you it was just a thought.

All the things being said Gee was going to be traded, but later finding out he could not be because of his contract.....
What do you think of the possibility of the Flyers not protecting him in the expansion draft????

It would be a viable out for Hexy, as far as with his contract....if hate to see that happen, but at this point anything is possible.

Please, don't stone me or anything of that nature, it was just a thought.
For that fact anyone who is not holding the line could end up not getting protected and shipped out to make room for guys to come up next season.
Count me in. I like the idea.I dont know the rules of expansion so im not sure if this could be done. I want to shake up this team as we have been getting the same or worse results for years with this core. I've said this before the only players that shouldn't go is Jake Simmer Prov.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in. I like the idea.I dont know the rules of expansion so im not sure if this could be done. I want to shake up this team as we have been getting the same or worse results for years with this core. I've said this before the only players that shouldn't go is Jake Simmer Prov.

Rules for 2017 Expansion Draft

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, just noticed one important detail.....
Gee has the no movement clause, so he has to be protected.....

Unless of coarse he waives the clause.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk maybe some fresh blood around him would boost his game!!!!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with what you're saying, but Mase is never going to be the goalie to constantly steal us game, def not blaming him for last nites game though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough season when we're going to be the first team ever to win 10 straight games and not even make the playoffs. It just highlights how truly terrible our record was before and after the streak. Too many regulation losses and too many bounces that didn't go our way. With a little luck at all, we probably could've had 12-14 more points this season, easily. Then we'd be firmly in the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've counted at least 10 games this season that we lost in regulation by just one goal. I am excluding empty net goals. Those are games in which we got zero points, but were extremely close to getting one, then another. Some of those losses were just extremely bad luck as we know, but we could've scratched and clawed our way into OT in many of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough season when we're going to be the first team ever to win 10 straight games and not even make the playoffs. It just highlights how truly terrible our record was before and after the streak. Too many regulation losses and too many bounces that didn't go our way. With a little luck at all, we probably could've had 12-14 more points this season, easily. Then we'd be firmly in the playoffs.
Some of those games in the 10 game winning streak we were thoroughly out played and didn't deserve to win and a lot of them were against back up goalies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our combined OT/Shootout record was actually 12-8, which is probably a huge improvement over previous seasons, we just didn't take enough games there.

Not good enough on the road either. 12-18-4 just won't cut it.