• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts Thread for a 2017 Flyers Stanley Cup

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 10th but are .3 from being 14th. When PP is all the scoring you are capable of 10th - 14th isn't good enough. Im talking to you Gee Schenn Simmer and Ghost and Jake. Oh and Hexy

Lol it's a fine line between somewhat good and blah.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit......

I'm taking Simmer tonight!!!!

Cu2xfIxVMAATn-l.jpg

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Give me Konecny. Here's my prediction.. Flyers come out pissed off. Go up 2-0 early. Proceed to have the inevitable weak 2nd and 3rd period and go into a defensive shell. Make it to OT and Ghost wins it god damnit. Give me a win.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get benching Cousins. I do think they needed to get Lyubimov back in the mix, but not at the cost of Cousins.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is there left to really say? We had several chances as we do every game and can't capitalize, It's plain crazy. I don't see Hakstol being fired, but I do see a youth movement coming. I really hope someone can become a solid number one goalie.we need one badly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what is there left to really say? We had several chances as we do every game and can't capitalize, It's plain crazy. I don't see Hakstol being fired, but I do see a youth movement coming. I really hope someone can become a solid number one goalie.we need one badly.

<Insert nail in coffin here>

Basically we just lost the special teams battle again and that was the game. We can't go 1 for 8 on the power play with brief advantages of 5 on 3 and 6 on 4 included. We also can't let them score a goal on only 2 chances.

As far as goalies are concerned, why in the fuck did we ever trade Bob? All he's done since is win a Vezina with possibly another coming this season.

We got the help we needed from Carolina and now from Vancouver, but couldn't take care of our own business at home.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically we just lost the special teams battle again and that was the game. We can't go 1 for 8 on the power play with brief advantages of 5 on 3 and 6 on 4 included. We also can't let them score a goal on only 2 chances.

As far as goalies are concerned, why in the fuck did we ever trade Bob? All he's done since is win a Vezina with possibly another coming this season.

We got the help we needed from Carolina and now from Vancouver, but couldn't take care of our own business at home.
I never liked the fact qe got rid of Bob. Another trade we got hosed on. Seems like we never gave him a chance to sevelope. Wasn't that whole trade and bringing in Bryz a home run swing for Clarke? If so was a waste to try and win now scenerio.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked the fact qe got rid of Bob. Another trade we got hosed on. Seems like we never gave him a chance to sevelope. Wasn't that whole trade and bringing in Bryz a home run swing for Clarke? If so was a waste to try and win now scenerio.
Bryz turned out to be one of the worst goalies we have ever had and if Columbus wins a cup along with Vezina Bob could be the worst trade in Flyer history.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a shame that we couldn't do anything this season after last year. I thought after that Washington series we were destined for big things this year. Very disappointed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Konecny. Here's my prediction.. Flyers come out pissed off. Go up 2-0 early. Proceed to have the inevitable weak 2nd and 3rd period and go into a defensive shell. Make it to OT and Ghost wins it god damnit. Give me a win.
Nice pick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like he says though, we've "faced some bad luck for a lot of the year" and it actually is going to cost us in the long run of an 82 game season.

We should be better next season, if only based on youth and luck alone.
Id take Cousins over Lubi any day.