• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely disgraceful showing by the fans tonight. Disgraceful to the players, disgraceful to the game, and probably worst of all, disgraceful to the memory of Ed Snider. Unbelievable.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely disgraceful showing by the fans tonight. Disgraceful to the players, disgraceful to the game, and probably worst of all, disgraceful to the memory of Ed Snider. Unbelievable.

Maybe so, but I understand the frustrations. We score the first goal less than a minute in, then give up six unanswered via a parade to the penalty box and zero ability to kill a power play. That passive box better go the way of the dodo bird.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but I understand the frustrations. We score the first goal less than a minute in, then give up six unanswered via a parade to the penalty box and zero ability to kill a power play. That passive box better go the way of the dodo bird.

Bad showing by the team, sure, doesn't mean you can throw stuff on the ice. We all knew the flyers chances were slim to none. There's a reason every talking head picked the Caps. They're better than the Flyers, in every category. Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, and maybe Ghost are the only players the Flyers have that would even dress for the Caps. (And couturier but he's hurt)

Making the playoffs was a massive achievement and means the Flyers had a great season. Fans who don't understand that are fans who throw stuff on the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was embarrassed by the fans booing early in the 2nd period no less the throwing stuff at the Washington players and on the ice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, we have higher expectations in Philly than making the playoffs and then getting embarrassed. People are pissed off at the team more than anything, I believe. That sort of performance at home in such a huge game is unacceptable.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True awaz, no reason to throw stuff on the ice like that (especially at the players), and then throwing those wristbands that were meant to honor Ed Snider was really bad. Always darkest before the dawn tho, hopefully the Flyers will try to redeem themselves in game 4.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, we have higher expectations in Philly than making the playoffs and then getting embarrassed. People are pissed off at the team more than anything, I believe. That sort of performance at home in such a huge game is unacceptable.
I understand the high expectations and I can understand that getting embarrassed is unacceptable but booing in a 2-1 game early in the 2nd when the team is playing on all heart is where I was pissed at the fans at the game. That doesn't help the team in any way.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think they performed that poorly though, not til the end. It was 2-1 going in to the 3rd. Not a bad effort against a far superior team. Then they took 44 minutes in penalties (aided by the fans 2 minutes) in the 3rd and it came off the rails. The expectations were and are unrealistic if they expect to do much better than 2-1 going in to the 3rd.

I guess my point is, they shouldn't be pissed off at the team. The current make up of the Flyers did a phenomenal job making the playoffs. Most pundits had them in the bottom 5 of the league this season, but they made the playoffs. The current roster played fantastic this year, they don't deserve the hate. They deserve more talent, and it's coming.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the most embarrassing times for any Philly sports. I'm with awaz on this. It was a disgrace of display by the fans to throw wristbands on the ice, which was in memory of a great owner. It's a fucking game. People friggin' need to realize life will go on even if we get swept in this series. Jesus Christ Philly fans:L. There is no justifying this act. A select few of fans give all of fans who support Philly sports teams a bad rap. Btw, regardless of the outcome of this series, it was a successful season imo.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be one of the most embarrassing times for any Philly sports. I'm with awaz on this. It was a disgrace of display by the fans to throw wristbands on the ice, which was in memory of a great owner. It's a fucking game. People friggin' need to realize life will go on even if we get swept in this series. Jesus Christ Philly fans:L. There is no justifying this act. A select few of fans give all of fans who support Philly sports teams a bad rap. Btw, regardless of the outcome of this series, it was a successful season imo.
Sup mall, long time no see :suds:

Stuff like that might have been acceptable during the 1970s, but times have changed and those fans were an embarrassment to Philadelphia. Was a very sad spectacle. Hopefully the Flyers organization could redeem themselves in game 4.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the high expectations and I can understand that getting embarrassed is unacceptable but booing in a 2-1 game early in the 2nd when the team is playing on all heart is where I was pissed at the fans at the game. That doesn't help the team in any way.
Fans have a right to boo, they paid for that right. It's unacceptable to throw objects at the players tho.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup mall, long time no see :suds:

Stuff like that might have been acceptable during the 1970s, but times have changed and those fans were an embarrassment to Philadelphia. Was a very sad spectacle. Hopefully the Flyers organization could redeem themselves in game 4.
Hey buddy. I've been busy with work, which is why I keep missing out on "Cap Slap Tuesdays." How was Dubai btw? That flight must be a bitch? I think the Flyers will still manage somehow to make this an interesting series imo. Maybe this will turn into another 2010 miracle run?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey buddy. I've been busy with work, which is why I keep missing out on "Cap Slap Tuesdays." How was Dubai btw? That flight must be a bitch? I think the Flyers will still manage somehow to make this an interesting series imo. Maybe this will turn into another 2010 miracle run?
13 hour flight in economy class is not fun. Good luck to you guys in game 4, I remember giving up on my Pens in 2012 when they went down 3-0. They came back with a 10 goal performance from what I recall. If the Flyers have any pride in themselves, they'll want to redeem themselves big time in game 4. Hope you're well, Cap Slap is tonight, so feel free to stop by :suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 hour flight in economy class is not fun. Good luck to you guys in game 4, I remember giving up on my Pens in 2012 when they went down 3-0. They came back with a 10 goal performance from what I recall. If the Flyers have any pride in themselves, they'll want to redeem themselves big time in game 4. Hope you're well, Cap Slap is tonight, so feel free to stop by :suds:
I will.. I need to win that bitch at some point. lol.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.. I get distracted from a movie I'm watching at the time or I have to get ready for work. :L

I've been rewatching the "Breaking Bad" series again. Learning a new trade. :dhd:
Great series :thumb:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I was kidding about learning a new trade btw. lol. Next thing I know I have the DEA breaking my door down.:L
Haha! I don't think anyone on tHoop will report you for that.