• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could get some practice time for the Black Aces which could be huge this year (Lindblom, Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Wilcox, Leier, Stolarz).. would be great to get them some practices with the big squad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could get some practice time for the Black Aces which could be huge this year (Lindblom, Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Wilcox, Leier, Stolarz).. would be great to get them some practices with the big squad.

It's a beautiful thing. Even if Washington were to light us up, this entire process will make us a better team moving forward. I expect to put up a fight though and make this a long, interesting series.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff time boys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just getting at the very least 4 playoff games of experience for our young guys will be great for the future of these young guys. However I expect a lot more than just 4 games. I think we mat be able to steal a series here if we play like we did two weeks ago.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing this a lot lately and am a little confused. A lot people saying the playoff experience for our young guys is so valuable regardless of the outcome in playoffs. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong, this only truly effects Ghost and Cousins. Everyone else has playoff experience and Laughton will most likely be scratched. If you wanna throw Vandevelde and Bellemare in the mix as well, ok.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am seeing this a lot lately and am a little confused. A lot people saying the playoff experience for our young guys is so valuable regardless of the outcome in playoffs. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong, this only truly effects Ghost and Cousins. Everyone else has playoff experience and Laughton will most likely be scratched. If you wanna throw Vandevelde and Bellemare in the mix as well, ok.
Those four plus Schenn and Simmer playing valuable playoff games as stars of the team not just roll players which they were in their prior playoff experience.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those four plus Schenn and Simmer playing valuable playoff games as stars of the team not just roll players which they were in their prior playoff experience.
I don't know. They were both second liners last time the Flyers were in the playoffs. Playoff Stats:

Schenn 18 games, 3g/9a/12pts
Simmonds 30 games 8g/9a/17pts

Not a small playoff sample by any means.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. They were both second liners last time the Flyers were in the playoffs. Playoff Stats:

Schenn 18 games, 3g/9a/12pts
Simmonds 30 games 8g/9a/17pts

Not a small playoff sample by any means.
They have totally different roles with this team now then they did with their past playoffs performances whether it be 18 or 30 or 50 games that they played in. This year's playoffs will be solid playoff experience for both of them moving forward period.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Period. Got it.

Simmonds up from the second line to the first and still on the first PP unit.

Schenn up from second line to the first or staying on second depending on Hasktol's moves and up from 2nd PP to first PP. Actually, I remember Schenn being on the first line with G and Jake for most of the Rangers series two years ago because Hartnell was too slow

Their roles really are the same as two years ago. Neither plays PK and they are both still relied on for primary scoring.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also throw Hakstol, Manning, White and Raffl into that group. Hakstol and Manning have never been to this particular dance before and White/Raffl have basically just one series of experience here. Gagner has played 615 career Nhl games and never tasted the playoffs. This is a big deal for a lot of guys.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Period. Got it.

Simmonds up from the second line to the first and still on the first PP unit.

Schenn up from second line to the first or staying on second depending on Hasktol's moves and up from 2nd PP to first PP. Actually, I remember Schenn being on the first line with G and Jake for most of the Rangers series two years ago because Hartnell was too slow

Their roles really are the same as two years ago. Neither plays PK and they are both still relied on for primary scoring.
I would think if you post here you would know better than to define a players role on a team solely on what line they played on 2 years ago. They now have roles as leaders of the team and stars of the offense which they didn't have two years ago. Getting at least 4 more games of playoff experience in those new roles would be valuable to those two young players.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's Hakstol and Ghost that are important in terms of experience on the NHL 'roster' right now. Cousins and Laughton as well, but to a lesser extent. However, if they can keep it going long enough that Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Lindblom, Stolarz, Hagg and Alt get called up as 'Black Aces' I think that would be huge for those guys (gotta wait til the Phantoms' season ends). To practice with the team, while they're in the playoffs and playing at the highest level, that could be enormous experience.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think if you post here you would know better than to define a players role on a team solely on what line they played on 2 years ago. They now have roles as leaders of the team and stars of the offense which they didn't have two years ago. Getting at least 4 more games of playoff experience in those new roles would be valuable to those two young players.
Ok, but Hartnell is really the only leader that is different from the last playoff appearance.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful that we will steal this first rounder because nobody is giving the Flyers a chance.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea lasgop. The sports talk radio here in Phoenix mentioned that we will be swept. I'd like to see us prove these whackjobs that run their mouths all day completely wrong!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also throw Hakstol, Manning, White and Raffl into that group. Hakstol and Manning have never been to this particular dance before and White/Raffl have basically just one series of experience here. Gagner has played 615 career Nhl games and never tasted the playoffs. This is a big deal for a lot of guys.
It would be nice if Gagner turned in a Brierre playoff performance.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would I like to see us take the Cup, oh fuck yea......

But just being here has spoken miles about this team. They took everything the critics said and shoved it right up there asses.
Now they are saying we don't have it to get it done against the Caps, well let's just see!!! Who knows, maybe next week we'll get to hand the critics another middle finger to put up their asses.

Fuck them all, this team has faced serious adversity this year and fought like Hell to get through it.....
Now faced with more obstacles, and an even bigger desire to win, let's see who's ass the critics will be kissing next week!!!!!

GO FLYERS!!!!!!
Eat shit doubters!!!!!