• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sittin at 60.1% now. Major drop last night.

But, if the Flyers win and Wings win, up 30% tonight.

A loss to the Leafs would be catastrophic.
How do we go from 85% to possible being eliminated gotta get this win tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem right now. We've been aggressively playing to win for weeks now, but in the last two, we've been playing not to lose. That results in Mase standing on his head to keep us alive, but not scoring often enough to compete for the win.
THIS!!!!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last week in any season sucks.
And being fairly new to hockey and the Flyers, I'm sure some won't agree with my views but this is my thoughts on it......
If you have to depend on another team to get in the playoffs, you're screwed and honestly don't deserve and shouldn't be there. The Flyers control their own destiny, and need to quit playing conservatively. Conservative play did not get them to where they are now, so why keep going that route??
They need to just go out and start beating the hell out of these teams the last couple of games, that got them here and it will take them farther in the playoffs. This team wasn't even being looked at as making the playoffs from the start of the season because of the coaching change. But because this team is die hard and because of a few roster changes, they are on the edge of giving critics a big middle finger......
But as I said, this all lives or dies with them!!!! Knock the fuckin snot out of Toronto, New York, and especially Pittsburgh and get in the playoffs. Or play conservative and risk what they worked their asses off for all year.

:suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Psych-Ward. The Flyers have pissed-away one too many opportunities recently to determine their own destiny. Like you stated Psych-Ward, if you are depending on other teams to get into post-season play, you have pretty much screwed-the-pooch one too many times.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So guess by losing last night Mase goes again tonight and for the rest of the year.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to know by puck drop on Saturday whether we need to win both games or just one of the two, which is really nice.

However, I hate to be counting on the Rangers and Senators to win in regulation when really neither of them needs the win.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to know by puck drop on Saturday whether we need to win both games or just one of the two, which is really nice.

However, I hate to be counting on the Rangers and Senators to win in regulation when really neither of them needs the win.
I will be heading to church to pray for them to lose and us to win. :hope:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYR resting McDonagh, Girardi, Zuccarello, Stalberg, and Lundqvist tomorrow. (mini-tank to avoid the Pens.)

Unverified tweeter said the Pens are resting Crosby, Letang, Fleury, but i don't know if that's true.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYR resting McDonagh, Girardi, Zuccarello, Stalberg, and Lundqvist tomorrow. (mini-tank to avoid the Pens.)

Unverified tweeter said the Pens are resting Crosby, Letang, Fleury, but i don't know if that's true.

Not surprised. Detroit will very likely win, but I would not be shocked if Boston choked against Ottawa. They won't be resting any players and would probably be thrilled to kick the Bruins from the playoffs. Also, Boston has been terrible lately and especially at home throughout the season.

And as happy as it would make Pittsburgh to lock us out too, they probably will rest those players, which should help us out if we show the necessary desperation.

I fully expect to know by the end of this afternoon whether we're in or out. If we do manage to beat Pittsburgh and still need to beat the Isles tomorrow, I also think we can do that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Our prayers have been answered so far. Bruins just gave up four straight goals and trail 4-1 against Ottawa. They have just used their timeout after Zibanejad tipped one home. Boston in serious trouble here.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news Maverick! Detroit and the Rangers are tied in the second. Wow!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moments before this game, I dumped Murray and picked up Hammond in fantasy, so hopefully that puts a jinx on the Pens and Bruins. So far, so good.

Feeling pretty excited about the Bruins down 4-1 through two and even the Wings tied 1-1 through two. Neither team in position to get two points.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 1:13 to go in the fourth, the RedWings score. Still down 3-2 to the Rangers. Ottawa adds another goal. 5-1 over Boston.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Nice. We finally take it to the Pens and secure a playoff spot! Saaaweeeettttt!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Hextall: Playoffs won't change Flyers' course

Good look at Hexy's thought on this team...and making the playoffs wont change his long term plans.

Getting "help" from the Senators and the Rangers. All the Flyers need to do is win today. Just win today and you can rest some players tomorrow.

While this may not change his plans, I think the experience gained by all of our current players and coaches during the end of this regular season and postseason run will help make us true Cup contenders sooner than we would've been otherwise. It will also fuel the fire for us to get back to the playoffs next season and moving forward. This could be the beginning of a long playoff streak of our own, quite honestly.

I expect to be better next season, not just because of the infusion of youth, talent and skill, but the growth from this experience.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this may not change his plans, I think the experience gained by all of our current players and coaches during the end of this regular season and postseason run will help make us true Cup contenders sooner than we would've been otherwise. It will also fuel the fire for us to get back to the playoffs next season and moving forward. This could be the beginning of a long playoff streak of our own, quite honestly.

I expect to be better next season, not just because of the infusion of youth, talent and skill, but the growth from this experience.

Absolutely this experience will help. And there will be that core of players here who have been through that drive who know a) what it takes to win under that pressure and b) what made it necessary to have to win like that.
I think there are enough smart players on this team to know that they gave away so many points over the season in late game let downs and then OT (we won't discuss shoot outs, they are an abomination) that they could have been resting players for several days. The really impressive thing about this team is that they put themselves in a position to be in better contention for the draft lottery than the playoffs ... and then instead of folding their tents and riding out the season, started playing really good team hockey. Such a good sign. I don't expect much from the Caps series...I am just glad they made it in this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely this experience will help. And there will be that core of players here who have been through that drive who know a) what it takes to win under that pressure and b) what made it necessary to have to win like that.
I think there are enough smart players on this team to know that they gave away so many points over the season in late game let downs and then OT (we won't discuss shoot outs, they are an abomination) that they could have been resting players for several days. The really impressive thing about this team is that they put themselves in a position to be in better contention for the draft lottery than the playoffs ... and then instead of folding their tents and riding out the season, started playing really good team hockey. Such a good sign. I don't expect much from the Caps series...I am just glad they made it in this year.

^^^^
THIS!!!!! And, we may sneak up on some people. I wouldn't be surprised.