• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boston just blew their season last night with that home shootout loss to Carolina. Unless we beat Detroit tonight and they beat Detroit the following night, I don't see them getting in.

Either way, Boston can't break 95 points. I don't know if they can beat Detroit right now though and we can.

We have it tough down the stretch, so I hope we win tonight to make this a lot easier.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a few days off, the boys need to come out flying and physical.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what seriously worries me at this stage. If Boston beats Detroit tonight, we may be in trouble. It potentially forces us to beat Toronto, NYI and get at least a point from Pitt. Why? Boston owns the ROW tiebreaker on us by one lousy win. If they went on to beat Ottawa, we would need to beat Toronto, then get 3 points out of the 2 weekend games and we can't beat the fucking Pens right now...

You can't trust Boston to beat anyone right now though, so that's what we have on our side.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sittin at 60.1% now. Major drop last night.

But, if the Flyers win and Wings win, up 30% tonight.

A loss to the Leafs would be catastrophic.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sittin at 60.1% now. Major drop last night.

But, if the Flyers win and Wings win, up 30% tonight.

A loss to the Leafs would be catastrophic.

To me, everything hinges on what happens in the Detroit/Boston game, which makes me nervous. Boston has been absolutely horrific down the stretch, but maybe they pull out a game at home with their season on the line that they need so, so badly. Regardless of whether we beat Toronto, if Boston beats Detroit, you have to think they'd beat Ottawa, which forces us to get 3 points from the Pens/Isles.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see the Bruins beating the Wings. That emotional hangover from beating us last night may carry over? I can't imagine losing to the Leafs. The Pens have nothing to play for at this time. I think we get that game imo.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see the Bruins beating the Wings. That emotional hangover from beating us last night may carry over? I can't imagine losing to the Leafs. The Pens have nothing to play for at this time. I think we get that game imo.

If the Bruins beat the Wings, we're in trouble, so I pray that does not happen...

The only way that doesn't kill us is if either one of them loses their final game in regulation. I suppose that's possible also, you just don't expect it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between needing a point against the Isles/Pens and needing three cannot be put into words.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, everything hinges on what happens in the Detroit/Boston game, which makes me nervous. Boston has been absolutely horrific down the stretch, but maybe they pull out a game at home with their season on the line that they need so, so badly. Regardless of whether we beat Toronto, if Boston beats Detroit, you have to think they'd beat Ottawa, which forces us to get 3 points from the Pens/Isles.

IMO both games have to go the Flyers way tonight. I don't want to have to get a win over the weekend. Games 3 and 4 in 5 days after the gauntlet they've been through. Getting one of those games to OT is the most i'm willing to ask for.

This could all not matter, maybe Boston lets us in and just drops their final two games. Then we only need 1 point.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bruins beat the Wings, we're in trouble, so I pray that does not happen...

The only way that doesn't kill us is if either one of them loses their final game in regulation. I suppose that's possible also, you just don't expect it.

The Flyers beating the Leafs is just as important.

Flyers and Wings win: Flyers at 93, Bruins at 91, assuming Boston beats Ottawa the Flyers need 1 point out of Pit/NYI

Leafs and Wings win: Both teams at 91, assuming Boston beats Ottawa the Flyers need 3 points out of Pit/NYI

Flyers and Bruins win: Both teams at 93, assuming Boston beats Ottawa, the Flyers need 3 points out of Pit/NYI

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO both games have to go the Flyers way tonight. I don't want to have to get a win over the weekend. Games 3 and 4 in 5 days after the gauntlet they've been through. Getting one of those games to OT is the most i'm willing to ask for.

This could all not matter, maybe Boston lets us in and just drops their final two games. Then we only need 1 point.

It's true. Boston basically needs to win both games to even potentially get in. Well, they haven't won back to back games in a month...lol They deserve to be out. If the Hockey Gods care about anything, they should lose out and put us in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers beating the Leafs is just as important.

Flyers and Wings win: Flyers at 93, Bruins at 91, assuming Boston beats Ottawa the Flyers need 1 point out of Pit/NYI

Leafs and Wings win: Both teams at 91, assuming Boston beats Ottawa the Flyers need 3 points out of Pit/NYI

Flyers and Bruins win: Both teams at 93, assuming Boston beats Ottawa, the Flyers need 3 points out of Pit/NYI

I put it that way because regardless of what we do tonight, if Boston beats Detroit, they have one easy game left and we have two very difficult games. We would be in some deep shit regardless of what we do against Toronto.

With all due respect, if we lose to this Toronto team at home in a game that we absolutely must win, we deserve to miss the playoffs. We're going to beat the Leafs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Essentially what I'm saying is that if Boston somehow wins their last two games, the tiebreaker and our schedule have us completely fucked, despite having the extra game to play.

We would need Detroit to lose to the Rangers on the road in what should be a meaningful game for both teams.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point to make here:

With the Oilers winning last night, Toronto is now in sole possession of dead last in the Nhl. Do they really want to win this game and be at risk of finishing ahead of Edmonton?

Sure, they probably don't want to use the word "tank," but it's exactly what they are doing. Looking at the roster for their last game, I recognize only 8 or 9 of their 18 skaters. The rest must be Ahl'ers.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets start by winning tonight and moving our dam feet when we don't have the puck instead of gliding around defensively like we did the last two games. Make sure all players show up and win tonight and let the chips fall where they may

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem right now. We've been aggressively playing to win for weeks now, but in the last two, we've been playing not to lose. That results in Mase standing on his head to keep us alive, but not scoring often enough to compete for the win.