• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or are some of the most important players for other eastern conference playoff teams dropping like flies?

Tampa loses Stamkos and Stralman. NYI lose Halak and Hamonic. Pittsburgh loses Malkin and Fleury. Florida loses Trocheck. These are vital players for each of their respective teams.

If we can somehow grab the 1st wild card spot from the Islanders, whoever wins the Atlantic will be a vulnerable opponent in my opinion. Regardless of what happens today, I think we could have this opportunity in the final game of the season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
78.7% chance after yesterday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
78.7% chance after yesterday.

That would probably go up to 95% if we can just beat Detroit in regulation one more time. It may not even kick them out as badly as Boston is playing right now, but it would hold us in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would probably go up to 95% if we can just beat Detroit in regulation one more time. It may not even kick them out as badly as Boston is playing right now, but it would hold us in.

that will be a very big game to be sure. Flyers need to put yesterday behind them and come out ready to go on Wednesday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going to learn a lot about the Islanders and Rangers before we play our next game. They each play two tough games tonight and tomorrow night that will go a long way toward deciding where they land in the seeding.

If one of them were to somehow lose both games, that opens the door for us. They both play Tampa. That's a tough game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What concerns me is that we're still trailing in the ROW category against everyone, so we need more points/wins to avoid tying a team and losing that tiebreaker. Could you imagine missing the playoffs because we had one fewer ROW than another team with the same amount of points? Unreal.

That said, I still think one of Boston, NYI or Detroit will completely choke and end this playoff race entirely. Right now it looks like the Bruins, but Detroit is the one with the tough schedule. They have us, but then Boston a day later and then the Rangers to close out the season. All of these teams are desperate.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What concerns me is that we're still trailing in the ROW category against everyone, so we need more points/wins to avoid tying a team and losing that tiebreaker. Could you imagine missing the playoffs because we had one fewer ROW than another team with the same amount of points? Unreal.

Yep. Definitely concerns me as well. But at the rate the Bruins are going, i think they'll be at least a few points back of the Flyers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Definitely concerns me as well. But at the rate the Bruins are going, i think they'll be at least a few points back of the Flyers.

It qualifies as a serious collapse. They've lost 7 of their last 9 and all in regulation. Been in a complete tailspin since they started that dreaded California road trip and have not gotten out of it since.

I don't think they can beat Detroit right now, but can they beat Carolina and Ottawa? So, I'd say that they end with 94 points at best, which means we just need to win two of our last four games or get four points out of them to finish with 95+ points.

Even if Detroit beats Boston, that race could be extremely tight, because Detroit has two other really tough games. Either way, Detroit playing Boston helps us make it in.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great sports night here. Can just about watch all of the Isles and Lightning in what is an enormous game for both teams with tons of playoff implications, then there's the NCAA Basketball National Championship game with NOVA and UNC.

Tonight we find out what the Islanders are made of and whether NOVA can bring a championship to Philly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Islanders are up 4-2 through two, but they gave up a goal with 6 seconds left in that period and have also lost de Haan and Clutterbuck due to injury. Even if they win, this could be a pretty costly game for them.

I'm not sure how they will look moving forward without arguably two of their top four defenders and starting goalie.

I am surprised that Tampa has come out a bit flat here. They have a lot to play for in this one.

Again though, these playoff teams keep losing their best players due to injury. McDonagh left and did not return for the Rangers too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unless the Islanders lose their next couple games (which is possible), we may not be able to overtake them for the 1st wild card spot. Tampa did not really show up tonight. Maybe they are in trouble without Stamkos and Stralman.

This is a very fluid situation here and we need to get back in the win column asap or risk losing our mojo completely. Keeping guys healthy is critical at this point too. It could be a key edge we have over other teams entering round one.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The Villanova Wildcats win the National Championship via a buzzer-beating three after one from UNC had just tied it with under 5 seconds remaining.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The Villanova Wildcats win the National Championship via a buzzer-beating three after one from UNC had just tied it with under 5 seconds remaining.
That was the best college championship I've ever seen!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, unless the Islanders lose their next couple games (which is possible), we may not be able to overtake them for the 1st wild card spot. Tampa did not really show up tonight. Maybe they are in trouble without Stamkos and Stralman.

This is a very fluid situation here and we need to get back in the win column asap or risk losing our mojo completely. Keeping guys healthy is critical at this point too. It could be a key edge we have over other teams entering round one.
We need points and need them bad. After this run we've had I want into the playoffs