• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys need to keep winning so Mase can get a rest.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Chy1127. And if the Flyers re-sign Emery who they brought in for a try-out/look-see, then maybe Mason can get some rest.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro posted this on the game thread so I am moving it here

Ray Emery to join Flyers on try out contract (yes, seriously, in 2016)

Sorry,but why in the hell are they re-cycling this shit?

Is there a logical reason(other than experience) for not playing Stolarz? What's next,Sean Burke?

There had to be better alternatives out there,for a damn tryout contract over emery.

Been behind Hexy on all of his moves ,up to this one ,but we don't need this now ,and espescially with us sitting so close to getting in the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there a logical reason(other than experience) for not playing Stolarz? What's next,Sean Burke?

There had to be better alternatives out there,for a damn tryout contract over emery.

Been behind Hexy on all of his moves ,up to this one ,but we don't need this now ,and espescially with us sitting so close to getting in the playoffs.

I believe Hexy when he says that Stolarz is our number two and we're comfortable with starting him if it's what is best for the team. So, Emery could be a number three guy that will very likely never play. Maybe this is just doing a former Flyer a favor or playing mind games with Washington...Lol

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Hexy when he says that Stolarz is our number two and we're comfortable with starting him if it's what is best for the team. So, Emery could be a number three guy that will very likely never play. Maybe this is just doing a former Flyer a favor or playing mind games with Washington...Lol

IMO-it sends the wrong message to Stolarz,and I think the league shouldn't allow this move.

I know,it's an injury replacement,but then why have a trade deadline?

Hextall should have either traded for a competent backup,or the league should say,bring up your guys from the minors,and if you have no confidence in them,then draft better!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge two points, but I would really love to beat the Isles, Pens and Wings to kick them either out of the playoffs or into a wild card. The Islanders have left the door open here for that first wild card spot, without question.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a huge two points, but I would really love to beat the Isles, Pens and Wings to kick them either out of the playoffs or into a wild card. The Islanders have left the door open here for that first wild card spot, without question.

Flyers actually have sewn up the second tiebreaker with NYI - they play the Isles 5 times this year, and according to the rules, that means the first game in the city with the extra game (New York) doesn't count for the season series. The Flyers lost that one, but have earned 5 points to the Isles 2 in the other three, with one more to play. That means if we tie them in points and regulation/OT wins (the first tiebreaker), we win the tiebreaker. We are currently one win behind them, and two points, and considering our shootout woes, if we draw them on points it's probably because we have won games outside of the shootout.

The Islanders do have one game in hand on us.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO-it sends the wrong message to Stolarz,and I think the league shouldn't allow this move.

I know,it's an injury replacement,but then why have a trade deadline?

Hextall should have either traded for a competent backup,or the league should say,bring up your guys from the minors,and if you have no confidence in them,then draft better!
Emery is an emergency signing until Neuvirth comes back. Labarbera (sp?) is out for the year. No one else to really call up. I bet Stolarz starts the Toronto game. Neuvy back for playoffs from reports.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as its not Bryzgalov :pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it rolling!!!! I love the heart of this team.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it rolling!!!! I love the heart of this team.
Good solid all around game. Definitely playoff atmosphere. Have to give the rookie coach some serious credit for sending out Cousins and Gagner as shooters.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good solid all around game. Definitely playoff atmosphere. Have to give the rookie coach some serious credit for sending out Cousins and Gagner as shooters.
I have to say when I saw those two shooter I was like WTF and now im happy he used them.