• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston loses in regulation to NJ and Detroit is trailing late against Montreal. Both Pittsburgh and the NYI both barely escaped with shootout wins, despite trailing for much of the game.

I really like our chances here if Detroit does go down in regulation in addition to Boston.

And the wings go down in regulation- le magnifique Habs!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if nobody in the Atlantic division wants to make the playoffs. 3 of their top 4 teams lose tonight to teams that have nothing left to play for. Luckily for them, three teams will make it regardless.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we get a win tomorrow against the Caps, we are in the drivers seat. The Red Wings are toast imo. It's tough to climb uphill when the team above you has 2 games in hand. We get a win and I think we will get that last WC. I still think we will catch the Isles for the 7th spot though.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we get a win tomorrow against the Caps, we are in the drivers seat. The Red Wings are toast imo. It's tough to climb uphill when the team above you has 2 games in hand. We get a win and I think we will get that last WC. I still think we will catch the Isles for the 7th spot though.

Expecting a win here-
As ev1 has mentioned.the Caps have nothing to play for but pride.
Think by now,they know they have to take matters in their own hands,and not hope for other teams to help them out.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting a win here-
As ev1 has mentioned.the Caps have nothing to play for but pride.
Think by now,they know they have to take matters in their own hands,and not hope for other teams to help them out.
I think the Flyers will be ready to rock and roll against the Caps. They have shown throughout the season that they can play a solid game against the best teams. This is the game imo that will officially flatline the Red Wings the rest of the way if we pull out with a big win. That would be 2 pts up and a game still in hand. Losing to Montreal tonight may have been the dagger?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Boston are quite simply running out of games. Yes, we are only tied and one point back respectively, but to have two games in hand when they only have five total remaining is huge. Plus, they play each other once, so at least one of them is going to fade away. It's just unfortunate that we can't pass them both in the seedings.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers will be ready to rock and roll against the Caps. They have shown throughout the season that they can play a solid game against the best teams. This is the game imo that will officially flatline the Red Wings the rest of the way if we pull out with a big win. That would be 2 pts up and a game still in hand. Losing to Montreal tonight may have been the dagger?

I sure hope Detroit doesn't luck their way in via Boston tripping and falling. They deserve to be out. Look at their record for March. They are 6-8 and have only two wins against playoff teams in that stretch (one of those in OT).

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Detroit doesn't luck their way in via Boston tripping and falling. They deserve to be out. Look at their record for March. They are 6-8 and have only two wins against playoff teams in that stretch (one of those in OT).
Heck they almost blew it to Buffalo last night.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck they almost blew it to Buffalo last night.

I don't see them beating Minnesota in their next game either. A team that has won 6 straight and is racing toward the playoffs.

Basically, they need to go 4-1 or run the table and hope we get zero points out of our games in hand. We're one behind them in ROW, but that won't matter if we're ahead in points.

I say we need to win the next two games to take the pressure off for the final five that should be even more difficult.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the way teams are playing the past couple weeks, the Flyers might lock down the 2nd WC spot and Detroit/Boston will have to fight for 3rd in the Atlantic.

The Caps really haven't been playing that well since around Christmas, they were just absurd early. Actually just read on Twitter the Flyers have a +23 goal differential since Jan. 1 vs. the Caps +21. I think this is a game where the Flyers can get at least a point. A win would put them at 89.3%.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the way teams are playing the past couple weeks, the Flyers might lock down the 2nd WC spot and Detroit/Boston will have to fight for 3rd in the Atlantic.

The Caps really haven't been playing that well since around Christmas, they were just absurd early. Actually just read on Twitter the Flyers have a +23 goal differential since Jan. 1 vs. the Caps +21. I think this is a game where the Flyers can get at least a point. A win would put them at 89.3%.
If we could get two points tonight it would be a big lift going into the last 6 in which come in 3 back to backs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could get two points tonight it would be a big lift going into the last 6 in which come in 3 back to backs.

Above all else, the high volume of games we have in the last week of the season is what really worries me. We literally have four games in five days to close out the season. If we run out of steam and lose the last two games without getting points, that could be trouble. It would at the very least prevent us from passing the Isles or Pens.

Aside from that mess, I think we're in a very solid position, especially if we win tonight. I really don't expect the Caps to put everything into this game and even if they do, we can probably hang with them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above all else, the high volume of games we have in the last week of the season is what really worries me. We literally have four games in five days to close out the season. If we run out of steam and lose the last two games without getting points, that could be trouble. It would at the very least prevent us from passing the Isles or Pens.

Aside from that mess, I think we're in a very solid position, especially if we win tonight. I really don't expect the Caps to put everything into this game and even if they do, we can probably hang with them.
When do you think we see a game out of Stolarz?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've thought home against Ottawa and Toronto, but perhaps just Toronto. I just want to make sure Mase is rested for the back to back to end the season. We may want him in both of those games if we're close enough to pass either of those teams.

A that stage, we could have a playoff spot locked up, but not be able to gain any more ground ahead of us.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've thought home against Ottawa and Toronto, but perhaps just Toronto. I just want to make sure Mase is rested for the back to back to end the season. We may want him in both of those games if we're close enough to pass either of those teams.

A that stage, we could have a playoff spot locked up, but not be able to gain any more ground ahead of us.
with being off Thursday and Friday this week, I think it is a guarantee Mason starts both games this weekend.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with being off Thursday and Friday this week, I think it is a guarantee Mason starts both games this weekend.

I wonder what the Pens do with Fleury. They don't have Thursday and Friday off, plus they have the same back to back that we do. Either way, that is an enormous game on Sunday. If we have any hopes of catching the Isles or Pens, we probably need to win that game in regulation. After the last game against Pittsburgh, I just want a high level of compete and effort for 60 minutes on our part.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chy where have you been you haven't joined in on our Flyer love fest for a while.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still No. 2, Anthony Stolarz ready for Flyers' call