• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a shout out to Cousins and Frenchie for taking two huge hits in the last two games and not missing a beat.
Cousins from behind into the boards awkwardly and Frenchie from that POS Boll.

I was going to give White some mad props for pumping home that power play goal last night too, but then the ending took the luster off of everything we did in that game for about 58 minutes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to give White some mad props for pumping home that power play goal last night too, but then the ending took the luster off of everything we did in that game for about 58 minutes.
White now has 10 goals that very good production from a 4th line player.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White now has 10 goals that very good production from a 4th line player.

Yes, it really is and he's cleaning up the absolute mess our top power play unit has been making as of late too. Three power play goals. That's more than guys like Voracek, Couturier, Raffl, Streit, Read or Gagner. He's doing what Simmer hasn't been able to do lately and is definitely no longer a candidate to be benched.

Which brings me to my next point. How in the fuck does Voracek only have one power play goal and Couturier none? These are key guys on each of our units. That has to change.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it really is and he's cleaning up the absolute mess our top power play unit has been making as of late too. Three power play goals. That's more than guys like Voracek, Couturier, Raffl, Streit, Read or Gagner. He's doing what Simmer hasn't been able to do lately and is definitely no longer a candidate to be benched.

Which brings me to my next point. How in the fuck does Voracek only have one power play goal and Couturier none? These are key guys on each of our units. That has to change.
I could see Couts only having one because all he does is try to pass on the PP plus his goal scoring ability in general is weak but Voracek should have more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot who posted this a couple of weeks ago but does anyone know what our % chance of making the playoffs is now. A few weeks ago it was something like 36.7%

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still irritated by the Columbus game...

ditto! ridiculous to not come away with 2 points there.

hopefully the team has a shorter memory than the fans do..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have an enormous opportunity tonight, but against a very hungry team on the road. The Bruins lost last night and I would think that one or both of Detroit/Boston could easily lose again tonight.

If we can manage to get two points against a desperate team in Colorado and those two teams don't, we are sitting pretty. Would love to pass them both. It essentially guarantees us a spot in the postseason. We could get ahead of Detroit with a game in hand and be just one behind Boston with two games in hand.

That starts to take away their ability to control their own destiny. Meaning, if we keep winning, they're left helpless and praying that we lose.

Boston is in real trouble if they lose tonight. Their home record is 16-16-5 and while their road record is great, they've lost four of them in a row (in regulation). Only 8 games remaining for the not so big, not so bad Bruins.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still irritated by the Columbus game...
I feel your pain. To have a man advantage and they pull the goalie while shorthanded and we play it like they have a man advantage when its 5 skaters each pissed me off to no end. I can only hope it's a lesson learned.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have an enormous opportunity tonight, but against a very hungry team on the road. The Bruins lost last night and I would think that one or both of Detroit/Boston could easily lose again tonight.

If we can manage to get two points against a desperate team in Colorado and those two teams don't, we are sitting pretty. Would love to pass them both. It essentially guarantees us a spot in the postseason. We could get ahead of Detroit with a game in hand and be just one behind Boston with two games in hand.

That starts to take away their ability to control their own destiny. Meaning, if we keep winning, they're left helpless and praying that we lose.

Boston is in real trouble if they lose tonight. Their home record is 16-16-5 and while their road record is great, they've lost four of them in a row (in regulation). Only 8 games remaining for the not so big, not so bad Bruins.
No Duchene no Mackinnon tonight. In the past we have lost to teams without their top players or goalie. Lets hope we learned our lesson and hope this game means too much to play bad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Duchene no Mackinnon tonight. In the past we have lost to teams without their top players or goalie. Lets hope we learned our lesson and hope this game means too much to play bad.

There's no way in hell we take these guys lightly. They still have Landeskog and a couple of goalies that are hot. They've won 5 of their last 6 and should be extremely desperate.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the same amount of losses as the Rangers, Pitt, Islanders and Florida and the all have more points than us. If we could've won some of those shoot outs we would be in the playoffs already.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the same amount of losses as the Rangers, Pitt, Islanders and Florida and the all have more points than us. If we could've won some of those shoot outs we would be in the playoffs already.

If you add in the points we have tossed away just before the end of regulation, this is true. However, as long as we get in and don't end up being the second wild card, I won't look back on that as a "what if..." scenario.

Boston looks about done here. They have been one of the highest scoring teams all season long, but now they are slumping horribly. Their season goal scoring average is 2.92 per game. Over the last 8 games, it is 1.5 goals per game. So, nearly half. Even going back 13 games, it is only 1.92 goals per game. They're in real trouble.

And yes, I am honestly thinking we can hang with whoever wins the Atlantic division. We can pull off the upset and win that series. In my opinion, our division is better than theirs top to bottom.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have an opening here in the division. The Isles lost last night and the Pens are trailing against the Wings. We still have games remaining against these teams too.

Tampa lost Stralman too. That could hurt their chances in the playoffs. He was playing 22 minutes per game on defense. Clearly an important guy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course now that I say that, the Pens score two and take the 2-1 lead. Regardless, this game helps us out a lot as long as it ends in regulation. If the Wings lose and we beat Phoenix, we'd be two up with a game in hand.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Wings in serious trouble. We need to win tonight and put them at risk.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks JB hopefully a couple more wins and that number is 100%

68.2 today. A win last night would've had them around 80-85.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68.2 today. A win last night would've had them around 80-85.

Still in good shape. Just win our games in hand and we're ahead of both Boston and Detroit. I think we could beat Detroit again too if we absolutely had to.

There's also a chance to catch the Isles if we are within two entering the final game and beat them in regulation. We could then get in over them via the tiebreaker if necessary. If tied in ROW, we would have won the season series and get in ahead of them. We've outscored them 8-1 in the last two meetings as well.