• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this no-show yesterday was a combination of several things. It was an early afternoon game, we were returning home with Jake back in the fold and the last second goalie change. We may have just felt overconfident and thought we were going to roll them without issue. I can't think of any other reasons to lay an egg in such a massive game.

We were in decent shape in that game until right after we scored and then everything blew up, but we weren't skating or competing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this no-show yesterday was a combination of several things. It was an early afternoon game, we were returning home with Jake back in the fold and the last second goalie change. We may have just felt overconfident and thought we were going to roll them without issue. I can't think of any other reasons to lay an egg in such a massive game.

We were in decent shape in that game until right after we scored and then everything blew up, but we weren't skating or competing.
I though messing with the lines had a lot to do with this effort. It looked like everyone was looking to see where his line mates where going to be instead of just knowing where they would be like the last couple of weeks. We were over passing in which we had 3 two on ones and didn't even get a shot off. I though with Jake being out so long he should've just replaced VV in his spot on the 4th line and left everyone in tact. If you don't want embarrass Jake and put him on the 4th line then have that line play third line and move Cousins Laughton and Read to play 4th line.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Stolarz get some playing time down the stretch? Sad news about Neuvy.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive win last night. Entering the game, only the Capitals had fewer regulation losses on home ice than the Islanders. Well, we walked in and handed them one and with some production from very unlikely sources. Manning gets his 1st Nhl goal (via a laser of a shot) and Gagner/Cousins had only 12 goals between them this season before each scoring another.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Stolarz get some playing time down the stretch? Sad news about Neuvy.

I would play Stolarz against Ottawa and Toronto at home. I don't know that tonight is the time to let him loose. Hopefully Mase is fresh enough for this particular back to back.

To me, this doesn't get tricky until the final weekend of the season. We play 6 games in 9 days to close out the season. I hope we don't run out of gas, because that's a lot of hockey in a short period.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Massive win last night. Entering the game, only the Capitals had fewer regulation losses on home ice than the Islanders. Well, we walked in and handed them one and with some production from very unlikely sources. Manning gets his 1st Nhl goal (via a laser of a shot) and Gagner/Cousins had only 12 goals between them this season before each scoring another.
Secondary scoring has been crucial for us and our 5 on 5 play has been 100% better than years past. I would really like to keep Gagner playing and keep VV on the sidelines.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avs announced MacKinnon and Duchene will miss their next two games (vs. Phi on Thurs, vs. Minn on Saturday)

that's helpful.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secondary scoring has been crucial for us and our 5 on 5 play has been 100% better than years past. I would really like to keep Gagner playing and keep VV on the sidelines.

It's a tough call right now. Everyone is playing so well as a team that it's difficult to bench a guy. This is a good problem to have, but it definitely seems like Gagner and Cousins have played their way in.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call right now. Everyone is playing so well as a team that it's difficult to bench a guy. This is a good problem to have, but it definitely seems like Gagner and Cousins have played their way in.

to me it has to be VDV. he's been playing well, true, but he brings absolutely nothing offensively. and laughton, cousins, read, and even gagner haven't been a liability defensively lately, but still bring something offensively.

to me it's between laughton and VDV and i'm putting laughton on the ice if i'm in charge.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we just focus and beat Columbus tonight, we could be in a solid position moving forward. Detroit could easily lose to Tampa tonight in a massive game for both of those teams. If we win and they lose (in regulation), we'd be one point ahead with a game in hand still.

We would also pull even in the ROW category, which gives us the tiebreaker over them via points earned against each other. They cannot catch us there as we're up 4-1 with just one game remaining.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day:

We are 15-6-4 since the night of January 25th, my birthday, when we lost to the Bruins in a one goal game.

Across these last 25 games, we are 5-2 in one goal games that didn't go to the shootout and 7-4-2 against current playoff teams.

This is a pretty large sample size and we were without Couturier, Voracek and MDZ for long stretches. No matter what happens, I think this team deserves to make the playoffs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I am reminded of something after I just saw it again now on the Nhl Network. While the last goal Ghost scored broke his streak of goals tying the game or giving us the lead, it still ended up being the game winning goal.

So, he's scored 16 goals that have all either tied the score, given us the lead or went on to be the game winner.

If he were to somehow end the season with that intact, it may be something that nobody ever does again.

Absolutely unreal clutch gene, with some luck sprinkled in too.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all of the understandable outrage over the game last night, I think we're in a solid position to make the playoffs. It looks clear to me that both Boston/Detroit are struggling and we should be able to stay ahead of the loser of that battle. If not, I think we can beat the Islanders in the last game of the season and jump them to get in. We may even already be ahead of them at that stage. They are looking weak without their starting goalie.

So, it's not all doom and gloom after that fiasco in Columbus.

I also chuckle every time that people say we've lost our starting goalie too. Since when is Neuvy our starter? Yes, his overall stats are better, but Mase has been better in the last few months and has also started in 14 more games. Neuvy is a great backup, but he is no starter. Mase has started 50+ games 5 times (soon to be 6). Neuvy has never done it even once.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day:

We are 15-6-4 since the night of January 25th, my birthday, when we lost to the Bruins in a one goal game.

Across these last 25 games, we are 5-2 in one goal games that didn't go to the shootout and 7-4-2 against current playoff teams.

This is a pretty large sample size and we were without Couturier, Voracek and MDZ for long stretches. No matter what happens, I think this team deserves to make the playoffs.
I'm pretty sure Gee missed a couple of games during that stretch also.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Gee missed a couple of games during that stretch also.

Yes, he missed three games. One of those was the heartbreaker in Carolina that we completely dominated, but still lost 1-3. We managed to win the other two games. This is a very resilient team at the end of the day.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give a shout out to Cousins and Frenchie for taking two huge hits in the last two games and not missing a beat.
Cousins from behind into the boards awkwardly and Frenchie from that POS Boll.