• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably one of the most boring deadlines ever.

Indeed. Especially today itself. The weekend had a little pop to it but man.. poor anchors who had to cover today for like 7 hours with barely any trades.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake out 2 weeks per Hexy. That hurts, but it's not TOO bad.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Maroon to Oilers for D-man Martin Gernat and 4th round pick
would have liked to have gotten him back,for this kind of take

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn 20 points in our last 18 games making his case for the most important Flyer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake out 2 weeks per Hexy. That hurts, but it's not TOO bad.
After 4 straight years of playing I don't mind him getting a rest while were winning. He will be nice and fresh for our Stanley cup run.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, all of our rivals also won last night, so we gain nothing. Pens and Isles play tonight. Would love to see them both lose and this race will get even tighter.

I'm just a little worried about losing too many points while Jake is out injured, so I'd like some security.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally guilty of this I wanted both Schenn and Couts traded and now I don't want them going anywhere.
Oh hell Las, I remember the day when you were down on South Broad Street protesting to Homer to deal JVR on draft day! lol. :dhd:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell Las, I remember the day when you were down on South Broad Street protesting to Homer to deal JVR on draft day! lol. :dhd:
Mall I wouldn't change that for anything glad he's gone. We have two better LW's in Voracek and Schenn

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mall I wouldn't change that for anything glad he's gone. We have two better LW's in Voracek and Schenn
I agree. I was just laughing to myself about what you mentioned. I was busting your chops.:suds:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You come back after all this time away and start busting my balls :pound::suds::thumb:
Lol. This is like my time where I am trying to keep up with the Flyers, seeing what the Sixers will do now and the future, the NFL Draft and what the Eagles will do, and finally my Buckeyes and the upcoming recruiting class. Busy and enjoyable times. Oh and bust your nuts!:dhd:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason must be pissed Neuvy gets to play against the lesser teams and look real good doing so in this stretch.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to do here is beat the depleted, last place Oilers then we get another shot at the last place team in our own division for a 5 game winning streak and likely a strong position in the playoff race. Even minus Voracek, we're a lot better than these teams, but we need to make sure to come ready to play hard regardless.

Meanwhile, a lot of our rivals have some tough games upcoming against the likes of Chicago, Washington and the NYR.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I entirely agree with this. Voracek has been a RW his whole career until this year. Part of that is due to his struggles early on and the fact that no one was producing on Giroux's LW despite just about everyone getting a go at it. I think if JVR were on this team he would allow Voracek to move back to his natural position and allow the top line to be as skilled as any in the league. A top six as listed below would be very formidable in this league and really hamper opposing teams from focusing on shutting down one line.

JVR Giroux Voracek
Schenn Coots Simmonds

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to do here is beat the depleted, last place Oilers then we get another shot at the last place team in our own division for a 5 game winning streak and likely a strong position in the playoff race. Even minus Voracek, we're a lot better than these teams, but we need to make sure to come ready to play hard regardless.

Meanwhile, a lot of our rivals have some tough games upcoming against the likes of Chicago, Washington and the NYR.
Its like we have figured out Haks system and players are playing postions they are comfortable with ie:Schenn and Laughton and dropped Umberger's dead weight and now we look like a team

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I entirely agree with this. Voracek has been a RW his whole career until this year. Part of that is due to his struggles early on and the fact that no one was producing on Giroux's LW despite just about everyone getting a go at it. I think if JVR were on this team he would allow Voracek to move back to his natural position and allow the top line to be as skilled as any in the league. A top six as listed below would be very formidable in this league and really hamper opposing teams from focusing on shutting down one line.

JVR Giroux Voracek
Schenn Coots Simmonds
If JVR was on this team he would be out for the rest of the season with a hurt foot so all our players would be exactly where they are now. Cant add a guy to the line up who's out for the year.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JVR was on this team he would be out for the rest of the season with a hurt foot so all our players would be exactly where they are now. Cant add a guy to the line up who's out for the year.

Not talking just this year. He wouldn't make sense financially the way is currently constructed. I was referring more to moving forward. Let's not act like Jake is permanently a LW and won't be moving back to RW eventually.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking just this year. He wouldn't make sense financially the way is currently constructed. I was referring more to moving forward. Let's not act like Jake is permanently a LW and won't be moving back to RW eventually.
If there is no cap room for him then we are really just dealing with hypotheticals. If that's the case I would love to have any of the other 12 LW's ranked ahead of him and probably 2 or 3 ranked behind him

NHL Player Rankings - LW