• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is supposedly significant interest in Streit. We'll see...

Then he will go to the highest bidder. I don't know if there are too many teams that want to stomach his full cap hit for next season though. His actual salary is only $4 million, so that part is attractive.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he will go to the highest bidder. I don't know if there are too many teams that want to stomach his full cap hit for next season though. His actual salary is only $4 million, so that part is attractive.
All we need is one team to be desperate enough to over pay and take on his whole salary :hope:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need is one team to be desperate enough to over pay and take on his whole salary :hope:
We cannot retain any more salary at this point. the limit is 3 and we are retaining salary for Vinny, L. Schenn and Grossman.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot retain any more salary at this point. the limit is 3 and we are retaining salary for Vinny, L. Schenn and Grossman.
Good to know I had no idea this was a rule. I guess I am going to pray Hextall pulls of more of his magic.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know I had no idea this was a rule. I guess I am going to pray Hextall pulls of more of his magic.
I never knew it until recently when discussion was going on about moving bad contracts.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew it until recently when discussion was going on about moving bad contracts.
Vinny has been playing well in LA had better keep his promise to retire or he would screw us again.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't have to be forced into something just to try and pull off more magic

He can retain more salary in the offseason when a few of those guys should be completely off the books

This trade deadline won't be about trying to get rid of salary in the first place - it is about making the most of the value that these players have because the ones that are talked about being moved don't have much of a long-term future with this team

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to be forced into something just to try and pull off more magic

He can retain more salary in the offseason when a few of those guys should be completely off the books

This trade deadline won't be about trying to get rid of salary in the first place - it is about making the most of the value that these players have because the ones that are talked about being moved don't have much of a long-term future with this team
The only real bad contracts remaining after this year are Umberger (1 year) and AMac (4 years). Streit isn't a horrible contract as he is still a top 4.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grossmann and Schenn definitely come off the books next season though, so we could retain salary of someone like Streit or Umberger at that stage.

Either way, I at least expect guys like Umberger and McDonald to be gone sooner rather than later.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grossmann and Schenn definitely come off the books next season though, so we could retain salary of someone like Streit or Umberger at that stage.

Either way, I at least expect guys like Umberger and McDonald to be gone sooner rather than later.
Umberger could be bought out this summer with only 1 year left. We are stuck with A Mac for at least 3 more years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umberger could be bought out this summer with only 1 year left. We are stuck with A Mac for at least 3 more years.

I think AMac has actually looked pretty good since he's recall. He played real well against Carolina i thought. Not 5 mil/year good, but at least serviceable. If/when they clear Umberger off i think they'll be OK. You can live with one guy not making his money

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AMac has actually looked pretty good since he's recall. He played real well against Carolina i thought. Not 5 mil/year good, but at least serviceable. If/when they clear Umberger off i think they'll be OK. You can live with one guy not making his money
AMac did look good against Carolina and has looked pretty good since the call up except the first game back but against Carolina everyone looked good so I just hope they can all keep it going for a long stretch run .

You are forbidden to attend anymore games for the rest of the season.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year we have Streit, Ghost, Schultz, MDZ and AMac are under contract. We only save $925,000 with AMac buried. Since we will have decent cap space available I can see him staying as a 6/7. We still have room to bring back Gudas and if we can move Streit or Schultz there is a spot for 1 rookie. AMac can be a decent 6/7. His contract says 2/3 but if we have space, it does not hurt as much to have the highest paid 6/7.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMac did look good against Carolina and has looked pretty good since the call up except the first game back but against Carolina everyone looked good so I just hope they can all keep it going for a long stretch run .

You are forbidden to attend anymore games for the rest of the season.

Haha I won't be able to anyway. I think i'm on quite the streak of watching them lose in person though. Seems like it anyway. :L

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year we have Streit, Ghost, Schultz, MDZ and AMac are under contract. We only save $925,000 with AMac buried. Since we will have decent cap space available I can see him staying as a 6/7. We still have room to bring back Gudas and if we can move Streit or Schultz there is a spot for 1 rookie. AMac can be a decent 6/7. His contract says 2/3 but if we have space, it does not hurt as much to have the highest paid 6/7.
I was thinking we'd see Provarov as a 3/4 and Morin as a 6/7 next year.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking we'd see Provarov as a 3/4 and Morin as a 6/7 next year.
I don't Hexy will have a young guy up if he isn't solidly in the top 6. He would rather have them get big minutes AHL v little minutes NHL.