• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Streit and Schultz will be harder sells because they both have a year left on their contracts. Shultz has a reasonable number so he could draw a decent return. I don't think we would miss a beat if Medvedev, White or Raffl were moved at the deadline. All 3 are UFA's next year and would not be hard to replace.
I think we could get something decent for Streit from a playoff team looking for help on the PP even though he has another year on his contract. At least I hope he goes this year because he is deteriorating rather quickly and who knows what we will be able to get next year. White can go he is a shadow of his play from last season but Raffl if we can get deeper I think may be solid third line player who may be able to step up in case of injury. He certainly fooled me into thinking that he would score 20+ per year but so did Read. Although Read does a lot of little things for this team his stats have been declining every year so he another guy we may be able to get something for other that the usual suspect Gagner

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be looking to dump anyone on the current roster sans 28, 93, 17, 53, 14, 15 and the goalies(unless someone blows the doors wide open)

No reason to over value 3rd line/2nd-3rd pairing d-men type talents - if teams around the league don't think they can get the top names that are on the trading block because the contracts are too high and the asking prices are through the roof, then teams will circle back to the Flyers because they'll be the next options

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be looking to dump anyone on the current roster sans 28, 93, 17, 53, 14, 15 and the goalies(unless someone blows the doors wide open)

No reason to over value 3rd line/2nd-3rd pairing d-men type talents - if teams around the league don't think they can get the top names that are on the trading block because the contracts are too high and the asking prices are through the roof, then teams will circle back to the Flyers because they'll be the next options
We are only 4 points out of a playoff spot right now I don't think Hextal will clean house unless we drop out of it by the deadline which is 11 days from now.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only 4 points out of a playoff spot right now I don't think Hextal will clean house unless we drop out of it by the deadline which is 11 days from now.

I agree that I don't think he'll clean house unless they are completely out of it

There's a difference though - if he's cleaning house then he is openly trying to move whoever he can - but my simple point is that he needs to listen to offers for the majority of the roster - teams will be calling the Flyers because there are a lot of players who are on the final year or two of contracts

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would still add Schenn. We don't have anyone to come up and replace his 20+ goals. He is still a RFA for 2 more years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still add Schenn. We don't have anyone to come up and replace his 20+ goals. He is still a RFA for 2 more years.
I would add Schenn and take Delzotto off the list.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one point focus on a guy that should be outta here is Umberger. A stone cold waste of a hockey player, money, and a roster spot!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one point focus on a guy that should be outta here is Umberger. A stone cold waste of a hockey player, money, and a roster spot!
I would love to dump RJ immediately but after his 2 assists performance the other night I think he may make the all star team next year LOL!!!!!!! Seriously he should second to go right behind McDonald but nobody wants either of them we have to live with Umberger one more year and AMac 5 more ugh!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I don't think he'll clean house unless they are completely out of it

There's a difference though - if he's cleaning house then he is openly trying to move whoever he can - but my simple point is that he needs to listen to offers for the majority of the roster - teams will be calling the Flyers because there are a lot of players who are on the final year or two of contracts
All we can do is hope Hextall keeps doing what he's been doing and it leads us to the promised land sooner than later.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Schenn and take Delzotto off the list.
I am up in the air on MDZ. His contract really isn't too bad for what you get. He was logging a ton of minutes before getting hurt.

I would think the Umbergler is a candidate for buy out this summer. I would think Vinny's carry over may affect that. I cant see Hexy carrying that much dead space when we have A Mac around. Umberger probably plays out his final year as a 4th line guy.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am up in the air on MDZ. His contract really isn't too bad for what you get. He was logging a ton of minutes before getting hurt.

I would think the Umbergler is a candidate for buy out this summer. I would think Vinny's carry over may affect that. I cant see Hexy carrying that much dead space when we have A Mac around. Umberger probably plays out his final year as a 4th line guy.
I definitely like the effort Delzotto has put in for us and has become a pretty valuable minute eater and defensive defenseman but I wouldn't put him on the no trade list. If he still had his offensive game to go with his new defensive abilities I would add him if he could get all of his abilities working at the same time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 game point streak and counting for Ghost.

I don't know if I can even put into words how significant it is.

Larry Murphy owns the record for points by a rookie defenseman at 76 and that was 35 years ago. Brian Leetch owns the rookie record for goals by a defenseman at 23. Neither of them were able accomplish this streak.

Actually, I wish Ghost had played this entire season and he may have given Leetch a run for his money on that goals record.

That's not a stretch either. Ghost is on pace for 23.1 goals across an 82 game season. He could've possibly gotten there.

Absolutely unreal. I can only hope that this continues because it just adds to the excitement of the games and the overall purpose of the season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get our injured players back and let's make a run at this. Only three points back of Pitt for a wild card spot and we still have three more games against them too. We also gained points on Carolina, New Jersey and Detroit. Critical matchup with Carolina upcoming on Tuesday.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three points out of the back to back with the Habs and the Leafs. A little encouraged in the way that Schenn, Jake and Gost drove the team. Cousins looked good in both games. Laughton looked better against the Leafs where there was less of a "top down" shadow at center and he had to carry a larger load.

After Gost the blueline as it was dressed the last two games is expendible. All of them. Obviously not all at once, but any combination of the players who dressed the last two games that could be moved would not long term hurt the team and could only help it.

As much as Umberger is a millstone with that contract, he played a decent couple of games. Kept everything simple. Will it last...unlikely...but he did do a decent job. His slow first step is just so bad....

I like White, I can see him attracting offers. Same with Raffl, who I would rather keep of the two.

Knowing that Hextall is not obsessed with this year and is playing a long game makes picking up points and not falling out of the playoffs completely less nerve wracking. You get the feeling that Hextall has a plan and is sticking by it no matter how good the team may be on the ice.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

"Second-line center Sean Couturier is ahead of schedule in his return from a lower-body injury. Couturier, who skated on Sunday along with Giroux, has been upgraded to day-to-day status after he was originally projected to miss the rest of February. Hextall said it's "a possibility but not a probability" that Couturier will be ready to play in Raleigh."

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

"Second-line center Sean Couturier is ahead of schedule in his return from a lower-body injury. Couturier, who skated on Sunday along with Giroux, has been upgraded to day-to-day status after he was originally projected to miss the rest of February. Hextall said it's "a possibility but not a probability" that Couturier will be ready to play in Raleigh."

Wonderful news. This will not only help us make a playoff push, but also assist in unloading a few guys at the deadline for picks/prospects. Probably one of Streit/Medvedev and two or three of White/Raffl/Gagner. This keeps us very competitive, but we still cash in on soon to be UFA's in order to build the future.

I don't expect it to be easy to move guys like Streit, Umberger or MacDonald at this time, but Hextall has worked miracles before, so I won't count him out. I'm sure if we agree to retain some salary, a team would be interested.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect it to be easy to move guys like Streit, Umberger or MacDonald at this time, but Hextall has worked miracles before, so I won't count him out. I'm sure if we agree to retain some salary, a team would be interested.

There is supposedly significant interest in Streit. We'll see...