• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more and more likely there will have to be a line shake up. As of now, shut down the top line and our PP and it's tough for us to score. I also saw that AMac is playing while Medvedev sits. This lack of forward depth is killing us.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means is this season over in my eyes. Huge redemption game tonight that could thrust us right back into the mix with a regulation win. Even still, if we get Couturier back by March, it won't be too late to make a run in the last 20 games. Either way, I think we have a team that should make the playoffs, regardless of whether we actually make it.

That said, we have some serious decisions to make in the offseason regarding forwards such as Schenn, Raffl, Read, Umberger and White. I think it is clear that we really like our top four forwards as of late, but beyond them, there is not enough offense. Read, Laughton, Umberger and Raffl just haven't scored often enough. That is clear. I think we can give young guys like Laughton or Schenn some leeway on this, but others may be gone.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really nice to see Ghost reach a 12 game point streak and continue to soar, but I don't think he wins the Calder unless we make the playoffs, so I'd really like to make that happen. We have five games remaining against Tampa and Pitt combined, so there is plenty of opportunity to gain on them. We need to pass one of those two to make it in and that will be the challenge.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means is this season over in my eyes. Huge redemption game tonight that could thrust us right back into the mix with a regulation win. Even still, if we get Couturier back by March, it won't be too late to make a run in the last 20 games. Either way, I think we have a team that should make the playoffs, regardless of whether we actually make it.

That said, we have some serious decisions to make in the offseason regarding forwards such as Schenn, Raffl, Read, Umberger and White. I think it is clear that we really like our top four forwards as of late, but beyond them, there is not enough offense. Read, Laughton, Umberger and Raffl just haven't scored often enough. That is clear. I think we can give young guys like Laughton or Schenn some leeway on this, but others may be gone.
I think Schenn will be back and should be lumped in with the other top 4 forwards we are confident in going forward. He is tied for 2nd on the team in goals and 4th in points. He an Couts really found a groove together on the second line. Pretty sure Hexy will get him on a similar deal to Couts as a RFA.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team has a serious lack of offense as it is. Schenn is one of the few 20+ goal scorers.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has a serious lack of offense as it is. Schenn is one of the few 20+ goal scorers.

It's still a decision to make. He is 24 now and in his 5th season with us. I don't think we can commit too many years or dollars to a 20 goal, 48 point guy that may or may not improve. He still needs to take that next step.

At times it has looked like he did that this season, but he scored three total goals in all of November and December. If not for that one long stretch, he's been a consistently productive player for us this season.

He probably will get a deal similar to that of Couturier, but I would be wary of the length and/or dollars. At least we know Couturier can do one thing really well and his offense will come along. What does Schenn consistently do really well? With all due respect, I don't know that we have that answer (yet at least).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still a decision to make. He is 24 now and in his 5th season with us. I don't think we can commit too many years or dollars to a 20 goal, 48 point guy that may or may not improve. He still needs to take that next step.

At times it has looked like he did that this season, but he scored three total goals in all of November and December. If not for that one long stretch, he's been a consistently productive player for us this season.

He probably will get a deal similar to that of Couturier, but I would be wary of the length and/or dollars. At least we know Couturier can do one thing really well and his offense will come along. What does Schenn consistently do really well? With all due respect, I don't know that we have that answer (yet at least).
I wouldn't commit too many years or money for Schenn but then the problem becomes who do we replace him with. He doesn't do one thing really good he does a lot of things pretty good. Im not sure we can come up with a 20+ 50 point guy to replace him that does a lot of things pretty good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another item I just thought of. Evander Kane makes 6 million is basically the same player as Schenn but a better fighter. He has 16 G 8 A and 6 of those goals came in the last 6 games.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn at 4-4.5 for 4 years is a steal imo based on today's market value. Hell, we are paying umberger 4.5 and he isn't worth putting on the ice.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn at 4-4.5 for 4 years is a steal imo based on today's market value. Hell, we are paying umberger 4.5 and he isn't worth putting on the ice.
Umberger earning the same amount as Schenn is just plain ridiculous and now im sick about.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another item I just thought of. Evander Kane makes 6 million is basically the same player as Schenn but a better fighter. He has 16 G 8 A and 6 of those goals came in the last 6 games.
He got that after a 30 goal season. Has hit 19 as a season high since. Schenn will not come near that but at this point we can't let 20 goal scores walk. I am not suggesting over paying but I think he will still be an RFA next year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys.. Checking in to get some thoughts about the trade deadline. It seems that the Flyers are currently in a similar situation now than in year's past in regard of playoff position. I honestly don't think they are going to make it, just my gut feeling. Health wise, who will get dealt and who will bring us the most in a trade return?
On another note, this Gost guy is pretty damn special.The future on the defense is looking damn good.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys.. Checking in to get some thoughts about the trade deadline. It seems that the Flyers are currently in a similar situation now than in year's past in regard of playoff position. I honestly don't think they are going to make it, just my gut feeling. Health wise, who will get dealt and who will bring us the most in a trade return?
On another note, this Gost guy is pretty damn special.The future on the defense is looking damn good.

It seems like once Provorov and Sanheim get to the big club, we're going to be the envy of every team in the league defensively, whether guys like Morin and Hagg make it big or not. I say that because Provorov, Sanheim and Ghost could all be number one type guys. To have three of them on one team would be insane.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the CHL, but these two appear to be #1 and #2 respectively in points per game among WHL (and OHL) defenders by a mile. Sanheim is actually leading at 1.25 per game, but Provorov is a +42 in only 46 games. Both have missed games, but are absurdly dominant. The sky appears to be the limit for these guys.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like once Provorov and Sanheim get to the big club, we're going to be the envy of every team in the league defensively, whether guys like Morin and Hagg make it big or not. I say that because Provorov, Sanheim and Ghost could all be number one type guys. To have three of them on one team would be insane.

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the CHL, but these two appear to be #1 and #2 respectively in points per game among WHL (and OHL) defenders by a mile. Sanheim is actually leading at 1.25 per game, but Provorov is a +42 in only 46 games. Both have missed games, but are absurdly dominant. The sky appears to be the limit for these guys.
Wow.. That would be great. Go figure at one point it was goaltending and defense that were weak spots for us. Now it seems to be a strength and it seems that we need to bulk up on wingers and probably some size would not hurt either. Honestly, I admit I have not been in tuned with the Flyers like year's past. I hope next season I will pick up gamecenter or center ice?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got that after a 30 goal season. Has hit 19 as a season high since. Schenn will not come near that but at this point we can't let 20 goal scores walk. I am not suggesting over paying but I think he will still be an RFA next year.
Schenn is on pace for 25 goals this season and is still 24.