• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Tavares (4 fewer points), Getzlaf (9 goals total) and even Carter (12 fewer points and 3 years older) get the nod ahead of Giroux on Team Canada.

Some serious disrespect here...

I don't think his lack of size should be held against him so much, but it apparently is.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Tavares (4 fewer points), Getzlaf (9 goals total) and even Carter (12 fewer points and 3 years older) get the nod ahead of Giroux on Team Canada.

Some serious disrespect here...

I don't think his lack of size should be held against him so much, but it apparently is.
This is just total nonsense. Gee tore up the world cup last time out I am disgusted that he is not on the initial roster. In international play size matters a lot less as its more of a speed game so how could Gee get overlooked. :doh:

How about Ghost not on the initial roster another BS decision.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost should've made Team North America, which is 23 and under. Couturier made it already. Perhaps Ghost is yet to come. I'm not sure about them taking Murray or Rielly over him, that's for certain.

I can understand him not making Team USA.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost should've made Team North America, which is 23 and under. Couturier made it already. Perhaps Ghost is yet to come. I'm not sure about them taking Murray or Rielly over him, that's for certain.

I can understand him not making Team USA.
He's better than Seth Jones too. Ghost should definitely be on Team North America's initial roster

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ghost one surprises me a little more than Giroux. Team Canada is so loaded you can make decisions based on how you want to set your lineup. I expect they picked Tavares over G because Tavares is more goal scoring focused, same for Carter.

The Ghost decision doesn't make sense at all.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than Seth Jones too. Ghost should definitely be on Team North America's initial roster

I can't put him ahead of Jones or Ekblad yet. These guys are huge and play enormous minutes, plus they are even younger. I can make the leap for Murray and Rielly though. Ghost is already better than those two.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ghost one surprises me a little more than Giroux. Team Canada is so loaded you can make decisions based on how you want to set your lineup. I expect they picked Tavares over G because Tavares is more goal scoring focused, same for Carter.

The Ghost decision doesn't make sense at all.

I get Tavares, but otherwise I'm just not buying it. Carter has 15 goals. Getzlaf has 9.

Giroux has 17. G is a better option all-around. Besides, he can dangle with the best of them, but he's also not just a setup man. He can snipe it when he needs to.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Gee I would wait for them to pick me and then say publicly go screw yourselves !

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G was a RW when drafted (there goes the too many centers argument). G has worked well on a line with Crosby. G is a better skater than Tavares. Really, how much does the Berube connection with Team Canada play into this? Berube and G were not on the best of terms and this could be payback.

Frankly, G not being on the team is an insult. His numbers say it all.
Ghost...yeah, he should be there...is he a better player than Seth Jones....no, he is a different and more dynamic player but he is not a better player. IMHO he will make the final roster for the NA team. I don't think G makes the squad which is a joke.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, G is now one of the best faceoff men in the entire world, so I would take him at center over several of these other centers. Besides, I think he is more competitive to a degree as well.

As usual, I add a stat to back this all up. Giroux is trailing only Bergeron and O'Reilly in faceoff wins this season.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, G is now one of the best faceoff men in the entire world, so I would take him at center over several of these other centers. Besides, I think he is more competitive to a degree as well.

As usual, I add a stat to back this all up. Giroux is trailing only Bergeron and O'Reilly in faceoff wins this season.
I agree with everything you say here...but the point is that Hockey Canada took 8 centers and none of them were named Giroux. My point was that G is a converted winger and as you point out he is excellent on the face off.
Really, this is as much a political decision as it is about G's play.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Columbus is kicking the Oilers ass,who kicked ours.

Should be interesting Saturday

Well, the Oilers started some goalie that I've never heard of, so that may have had something to do with it. Plus, the back to back scenarios factor in. We should definitely beat Columbus tonight if our roster remains the same. No more screwing around. Let's not lose a third game to the Jackets and risk getting swept again by a last place team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two games against Tampa should be a serious challenge. They are absolutely rolling. We may fall 7 or more points back, but will still have plenty of games against Detroit and Pittsburgh to make it all up.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be tempted to to play Manning tonight....but that is just me.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbs up to World Cup, down to the selection process

It's really strange how this guy mentions Perry and Marchand, but not Giroux. What the hell is going on here? lol Do they think he can't play wing or score enough? Marchand is shorter than Giroux, so we've possibly ruled out size. Does Canada just not like Claude Giroux at all?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins win, but the Red Wings lose in regulation. Only 4 points back of Detroit with a game in hand, plus two more meetings with them this season.

It would be something else to be the team that ends their active streak of 24 straight playoff appearances.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins win, but the Red Wings lose in regulation. Only 4 points back of Detroit with a game in hand, plus two more meetings with them this season.

It would be something else to be the team that ends their active streak of 24 straight playoff appearances.
If we win the 1st game against TB that would be 10 points on our current home stand that everyone said we need to get directly into the hunt. That would put us 2 back of Detroit and 3 back of Pitt im not ruling out 7th place either at this time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win the 1st game against TB that would be 10 points on our current home stand that everyone said we need to get directly into the hunt. That would put us 2 back of Detroit and 3 back of Pitt im not ruling out 7th place either at this time.

We have to ride the wave of momentum here, step up our game and utilize the home ice. Tampa is maybe the second hottest team in the league right now behind only Anaheim. This will be a difficult challenge.

While I don't go in expecting to win, we have as strong a chance as any. We generally tend to play very well against the better teams and here's an opportunity to prove that once and for all.

I also don't think a loss ruins our season. We have plenty of chances to catch Detroit and/or Pitt when we play them later multiple times.