• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the most amazing stat for any rookie that I've ever seen is the following:

Ghost now has 14 goals this season, which is a Flyer rookie record for defensemen.

However, every single one of those 14 goals has either tied the game for us or given us the lead.

Absolutely ridiculous clutch gene right there.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ghost pulls back into sole possession of 5th in rookie scoring. Only 2 points behind Larkin, who has played in 16 more games as a forward.

This is absurd. 37 points in a full 82 game season for a rookie defender would be impressive. Ghost has that in just 47 games...

At this rate, he may reach 50+ points in only 64 games.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, in the big picture, we climb to within 3 points of Pittsburgh and 2 points of Detroit with the same amount of games played.

This was a supremely dominant win over a top two or three team in the east and it tosses us right back in the thick of the playoff hunt. We also broke their 9 game winning streak, which included wins at Pittsburgh and Boston.

While they were able to strike quickly twice last night, we owned that game from nearly start to finish. It should've been a rout in our favor.

This will also build some confidence for our boys (and us fans) moving forward.

We can beat anyone.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the most amazing stat for any rookie that I've ever seen is the following:

Ghost now has 14 goals this season, which is a Flyer rookie record for defensemen.

However, every single one of those 14 goals has either tied the game for us or given us the lead.

Absolutely ridiculous clutch gene right there.
In Ghost we trust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whomever is responsible for leaving Gee and Ghost off their respective world cup rosters SUCK IT!!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ghost pulls back into sole possession of 5th in rookie scoring. Only 2 points behind Larkin, who has played in 16 more games as a forward.

This is absurd. 37 points in a full 82 game season for a rookie defender would be impressive. Ghost has that in just 47 games...

At this rate, he may reach 50+ points in only 64 games.

Would be on pace for 65 points. Just for fun, that would have tied Kucherov for 26th in the NHL last season. 1 behind Toews. 1 ahead of Datsyuk. 1 point behind Karlsson for most among dmen.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be on pace for 65 points. Just for fun, that would have tied Kucherov for 26th in the NHL last season. 1 behind Toews. 1 ahead of Datsyuk. 1 point behind Karlsson for most among dmen.
ROY and MVP (Kane wouldn't mind right)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This season too. If he had played in all 65 games to date at his current pace, he would have 51-52 points right now. That would trail only Karlsson, Burns and Klingberg for the league lead among defenders.

Even with all of the games missed, he is 7th in goals and tied for 18th in points among all Nhl defensemen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two huge games tonight that we should all think about watching. Pitt and NYI at 7 pm, then Boston and TB at 7:30 pm. Massive games that I will be interested in, especially the first one that hopefully the Pens lose. Either way, we don't want it going to OT.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe they are off for a couple of days. The way they are playing I want to watch them every night.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe they are off for a couple of days. The way they are playing I want to watch them every night.

It's definitely a bummer, but we have to play the hand we're dealt. Three nights off and then we play in three back to back scenarios across only two weeks against some really good teams. Most of these games are on the road also.

This will definitely be a challenge, but in many ways we're playing better hockey than a lot of these other teams right now, so let's keep it rolling.

I just saw a video where Melrose said we had to get hot and win 75% of our remaining games just to make the playoffs. The guy is insane. We're only 2 back of Detroit and I think we may be better than them already. If we pass them, we're in. Besides, I think we also have as good a shot as any to pass Pittsburgh as well. Five games remaining against just those two teams. They will likely decide it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a bummer, but we have to play the hand we're dealt. Three nights off and then we play in three back to back scenarios across only two weeks against some really good teams. Most of these games are on the road also.

This will definitely be a challenge, but in many ways we're playing better hockey than a lot of these other teams right now, so let's keep it rolling.

I just saw a video where Melrose said we had to get hot and win 75% of our remaining games just to make the playoffs. The guy is insane. We're only 2 back of Detroit and I think we may be better than them already. If we pass them, we're in. Besides, I think we also have as good a shot as any to pass Pittsburgh as well. Five games remaining against just those two teams. They will likely decide it.
Melrose just talks to hear himself talk. 9 out of 10 of his predictions are wrong on a weekly basis.

Lets go Islanders tonight!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks you Islanders and Blue jackets.

Pretty unreal. I taped and watched the Isles/Pens game. Pittsburgh completely lost their composure in the third period of a tight game and gave it away. I think we can do the same to them and win at least two of the three remaining.

I don't think any of us expected Columbus to beat Detroit, but the Wings have technically lost 7 of their last 10. They are in a bit of a tailspin and we could break their 24 year streak here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm thinking back to 1997 and kicking Detroit out of the playoffs right now for the first time in 24 years would be some measure of revenge for them sweeping us in the Cup Finals. We have a real opportunity to do this if we win the head to head matchups and it has never been more clear that we're playing better hockey right now than they are.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to just get my hopes up and start getting excited for potential playoff hockey. It would be so much fun to get back in.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'm thinking back to 1997 and kicking Detroit out of the playoffs right now for the first time in 24 years would be some measure of revenge for them sweeping us in the Cup Finals. We have a real opportunity to do this if we win the head to head matchups and it has never been more clear that we're playing better hockey right now than they are.
Please let this happen.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to just get my hopes up and start getting excited for potential playoff hockey. It would be so much fun to get back in.
All the so called experts are saying we cant do it. I would love to get in and hear their excuses as to why they were wrong.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the so called experts are saying we cant do it. I would love to get in and hear their excuses as to why they were wrong.

It is definitely Us vs. The World here. I keep looking at videos and while everyone agrees that we're performing well, basically nobody thinks we can do it. That sort of mentality motivates the shit out of you, so we have plenty to play for. The Red Wings should be ultra nervous right now at 3-5-2 in their last 10. We have nothing to lose and they have the weight of the world on their shoulders to keep that streak intact.

There were even people who thought Carolina was going to get in ahead of us before they traded guys away at the deadline...lol

A lot of disrespect here really. That win over Tampa should tell everyone we mean business. While it was only a 4-2 win with an empty netter, that was more of a 7-1 blowout type game. Extremely lopsided. With Voracek, we would've throttled them on the scoreboard too and not just every other stat.

Last edited: