• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win and were in.
I watched Detroit and they will be very beatable down the stretch. They don't have any scoring despite the Zetterbergs and Datsuyks (sp)

And those two guys appear to finally be getting old. I was looking at their production and they are no longer anywhere near point per game guys like they have always been. The only guy we have that is in that category is Streit and I don't think we rely too heavily on him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to see a serious effort to try to win both games here in Florida. While we're not technically in a race with either of these teams, if they were to slide into a wild card position, we then would be. I think it's important to give them all we have.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game Tuesday against the Red Wings. Fuck the Red Wings!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game Tuesday against the Red Wings. Fuck the Red Wings!!!!!

This is the game in which we could get Voracek back and really put the hockey world on notice that we are coming.

The home and home against Tampa should've done that, but spanking the Wings sure would put an exclamation point on it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken, the Wings could be without Kronwall for awhile due to a knee injury and that would be big trouble for them in my opinion. They missed him for 15 games this season and went 6-6-3 across that stretch. Very mediocre. We'll absolutely leave them in the dust at that pace, plus beat them twice head to head.

Results of his MRI expected today, so we'll know then about how long he will be out.

Also, the Pens will miss Malkin for 6-8 weeks, which is basically the rest of the season, including playoffs. I think that really hurts their chances too.

One or both of these teams is going to drop and we will get in. We happen to be playing extremely well too and the return of Voracek should only help that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, the only thing holding us out of a playoff spot at this very minute is our 2-7 shootout record. That's pretty terrible. Mason can't stop a shot. I think Giroux could get us a goal, but that doesn't matter if Mase can't get a save.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to add here that nobody in their right mind is going to want to play us in round one either. We're going to be a really difficult team to dispose of, even without home ice.

We have two goalies that are hot, a forward group that is rolling four lines confidently and getting scoring from basically our entire top 9. Plus, Ghost is blazing a trail here with 15 goals that have all either tied the game or given us the lead. That's the most unreal stat I've ever seen or heard of. There is support all over the ice and Hakstol really has these guys motivated, focused and performing well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to start getting our posts up in this thread, fellas. Our team has come to life and so should we!!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. The shoot out was brought in by the networks. It sucks. IF you aren't going to settle the game in 60 minutes then the game should be played until there is a winner, or it should be a tie. No skills competition.

B. Playing the Flyers in the first round ... If the Flyers are the 8th seed they get the Capitals. If the 7th it is most likely the Bruins or it could be the Rangers or the Panthers. None of them is a lock. The Rangers give the Flyers fits, but they are beatable. The Panthers in the playoffs, where they haven't been for years...different cat than the one who needed a shoot out to beat a tired team when they had been home and rested. The Bruins...beatable. Right now, if the Flyers get in, I will be so stoked by that (while ruing the draft location) that it will not matter who they are playing...until the puck drops. Whoever it is I expect the Flyers to, even in defeat, make their lives so horrible that they go out in the next round.

But isn't nice...our flawed team is in the hunt. With warts and all.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's worth noting that while making the playoffs makes our draft picks worse, it also gives a largely young team another year of playoff experience. Some of them will be in it for the first time and then it will be much easier to make a deeper run next time.

You have to get that first taste now so we can win the Cup in a few short years.

You never know here, maybe this team could make a deep run as is. I don't think we'd have much of a shot in the Cup Finals, but I do think it's feasible that we could win the East. Nobody is really scaring anyone and when was the last time the Caps made it that far?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kronwall will be out 1 to 3 weeks with a sprained knee. Depending on the actual period of time, that could really crush the Wings and their playoff chances.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Pens got a lucky win today. The game winner was a desperation flip from behind the net with no teammates in front. The magical puck goes off both skates of a defender and right between the legs of Lundqvist.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been getting pretty unlucky the past few days with games that impact our chances. Hopefully the Malkin and Kronwall injuries slow down the pace. Huge games for us this week

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been getting pretty unlucky the past few days with games that impact our chances. Hopefully the Malkin and Kronwall injuries slow down the pace. Huge games for us this week

I think it will take a serious toll long term. It's also looking like the Islanders and Rangers are not safe just yet either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to watch Leafs @ Wings tonight and hope that they can pull off the upset.

It's just really frustrating to always have one, two or even three games in hand on these teams ahead of us. We never know where we really stand.

Either way, if the Leafs could somehow pull one out in regulation here, it would make the game Tuesday night even more exciting.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The Leafs came out and completely dominated the Wings in the first period yet it's a scoreless game. Nylander missed a wide open net, Kadri missed on a breakaway and they had a goal disallowed, plus numerous other chances.

We still can't get lucky here. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out moving forward because Detroit looked lifeless at times. Caught pinned back in their own zone, standing around.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our break. The Leafs shut the Wings out 1-0 in Detroit. Now we can be just one point behind with two games in hand if we beat them in regulation tomorrow night.

What an absolutely enormous game and opportunity this is for us right now. Go out and win one and it puts a serious dent in their playoff hopes and really solidifies our position.

No excuses at all here. Time to take it to them. All hands on deck baby.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our break. The Leafs shut the Wings out 1-0 in Detroit. Now we can be just one point behind with two games in hand if we beat them in regulation tomorrow night.

What an absolutely enormous game and opportunity this is for us right now. Go out and win one and it puts a serious dent in their playoff hopes and really solidifies our position.

No excuses at all here. Time to take it to them. All hands on deck baby.

Tuesday better be nothing short of a war. A shame we have to play the Blackhawks sandwiched in between two of the biggest games we have played in quite awhile.

I really haven't been consumed by excitement for the Flyers this much since April 2012. Going to be a fun, stressful final stretch

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday better be nothing short of a war. A shame we have to play the Blackhawks sandwiched in between two of the biggest games we have played in quite awhile.

I really haven't been consumed by excitement for the Flyers this much since April 2012. Going to be a fun, stressful final stretch

It's really unfortunate to have this be yet another back to back, but we should be rested for the first game and that's the important one, quite frankly.

We'll be rested and ready for the Pens too and then they have to play the Caps the very next day, so it's shitty, but we all deal with it. The Isles have to play the Panthers tonight and then the Pens tomorrow, so things could shake up here drastically.

This is the biggest game of the year for us, regardless of what we do in Chicago the next night.

We're definitely playing better hockey than Detroit right now, so I expect to grind out a win one way or another.

It's time to find out though if this team (as currently constructed) is ready for the big stage and the bright lights.

Last edited: