• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. We need more young guys in the mold of the play Gostisbehere brings to the ice every night.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bum Vinny has 3G and 1A in 6 games. Ughhhh!

Miracles never cease. He has power play goals in three straight games, but he was only on the power play for more than 29 seconds in one of those games.

He must've developed some chemistry on the second unit with guys like Carter, Gaborik, Martinez and McBain. Or, he's just getting lucky, which is entirely possible too. Probably some of both.

Honestly, he probably could've taken Schenn's spot on our top power play unit and been just as successful, but we're looking to grow and move forward with younger guys.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the two points, Ghost is now tied for 8th overall in rookie scoring and he's played 20+ games fewer than a lot of these other guys, including Parayko, who also has 19 points on defense.

He is second only to Panarin in points per game among all rookies with 15+ games played. I don't think he will catch him, but Panarin is a forward playing a major role on a stacked team. He's also 18 months older.

I think Ghost should be given serious consideration for the Calder if he stays healthy and we make the playoffs. Obviously I am biased, but I can make my case.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fucking Penguins won another one goal game today after trailing 0-2 through the first period. The Canucks get a hat trick from one of the Hansen brothers and still lose after giving up four straight goals in the third. Malkin also had a hat trick...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. These teams from Carolina just won't die. Panthers and Hurricanes...lol

Despite all of the games in hand, we can't catch them because they keep winning.

We've played only 45 games this season. The fewest of any team in the Nhl.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing TB is offering Stamkos 8 years 68 million. That seems kind of low since the kings just gave Kopitar 10 million per for a long time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha, don't get too worked up over it. He scored like 4 goals in his first 5 games as a Flyer too. Long term, this will be good for the Flyers and he probably won't have much of an impact on the Kings. This little run be all he's good for.

And regardless, a productive Vinny still doesn't make the Flyers a contender. Best to get what you can for him and move on.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, don't get too worked up over it. He scored like 4 goals in his first 5 games as a Flyer too. Long term, this will be good for the Flyers and he probably won't have much of an impact on the Kings. This little run be all he's good for.

And regardless, a productive Vinny still doesn't make the Flyers a contender. Best to get what you can for him and move on.
I forgot that he had a good couple of good game for us in his first year in Philly. I thought Weal looked half decent and the third rounder we could use in another deal perhaps. What will burn me the most is if now he thinks he can play and doesn't retire and his money stays on our books.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that he had a good couple of good game for us in his first year in Philly. I thought Weal looked half decent and the third rounder we could use in another deal perhaps. What will burn me the most is if now he thinks he can play and doesn't retire and his money stays on our books.

oh man, that would be very upsetting indeed. hopefully that doesn't happen. maybe we pull for the Kings to win the cup again so he can retire on top and feel good about things.

unfortunately I didn't get to see Weal at all since he played like 1:30 in the third and that's all I caught last night. this back to school stuff is lame! had class from 6-845 last night.