• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. I sit Bishop in favor of a hotter goalie and he gets a shutout while on my bench. Can't buy a break here...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils and Penguins both lose however. We sit only four points back of NJ with four entire games in hand and three points back of Pittsburgh with two games in hand.

These teams are falling back to us. All we have to do is keep piling up the points and we'll be in a strong position moving forward. Boston has been struggling too, so we need to stick it to them on home ice just like we did the Islanders.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils and Penguins both lose however. We sit only four points back of NJ with four entire games in hand and three points back of Pittsburgh with two games in hand.

These teams are falling back to us. All we have to do is keep piling up the points and we'll be in a strong position moving forward. Boston has been struggling too, so we need to stick it to them on home ice just like we did the Islanders.

Ya, damn Canes and Pens went to OT last night. What a waste. I think the Flyers are in good shape, especially if Eastern conference teams would stop having 3 point games!

All I wanted was to be in the playoff hunt this year, and I think they've succeeded to this point. A good January could have even the national media singing a different tune.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Columbus and Buffalo are done (there's a shocker). Toronto/NJ are done without each of their top scorers. Teams are dropping like flies here left and right. The wild card spots are available if we just take them and so are the 2nd and 3rd seeds in our division.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Columbus and Buffalo are done (there's a shocker). Toronto/NJ are done without each of their top scorers. Teams are dropping like flies here left and right. The wild card spots are available if we just take them and so are the 2nd and 3rd seeds in our division.
After the way we have been playing I am looking to overtake the Ranger/Islanders for third in our division. Its just a good feeling watching a consistent team for a change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be in good shape if we continue with the progressing consistency that Hakstol has instilled and Hakstol's lines are beginning to come together. This getting fun to watch again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be in good shape if we continue with the progressing consistency that Hakstol has instilled and Hakstol's lines are beginning to come together. This getting fun to watch again.
I really like Hakstols system as we are playing way better team defense than we have in years. We have cut the space between the forwards and defenseman and in the defensive zone both forwards and defenseman are battling for the puck cutting down the time in our zone and energy we were using chasing the other team. Hopefully he stepped in at the perfect time where Schenn Couts have finally developed and all around game. We still have some dead weight but if Hextall keeps pulling of miracles we may be back at the top sooner than later.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I noticed that the time spent in our defensive zone has decreased significantly and we are spending way more time in the offensive zone, lasgop. This is a definite improvement over years past and I like the new look and aggressiveness on the defensive side of things. Simmonds goal last evening was set-up by very good D and that reduced time in the defensive zone. Bang, Simmonds got the puck out and they were headed to the other end for the score. That was fun to watch!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Kopitar will be signing an 8 year 80 million dollar contract. This makes Gee and Voraceks deals look great.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hextall adding size to the bottom six

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way we have been playing I am looking to overtake the Ranger/Islanders for third in our division. Its just a good feeling watching a consistent team for a change.

It's just frustrating to have only played 41 games. We're shown as 7th in the division still because we've played 4 fewer games than both Carolina and NJ. We're way closer to 2nd in the division than we appear to be.

Beat the Rangers in regulation tomorrow and we essentially jump 3 teams and tie for a wild card spot, then sit right behind 2nd and 3rd with games in hand. They are much worse on the road, so this is one that we should capitalize on.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows it going flyers :suds:

Life is good. The team is coming together and we're about to pass you in the standings.

I was thinking about this on my drive home from work this morning when I saw that the car in front of me had the following license plate number:

B R O D E U R

Mine:

G I R O U X

:lol: