• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I glanced at the schedule earlier and if we don't get it in gear here soon, we're in for a lot more losses. Some strong teams coming up this month.

Actually, I looked at it even closer just now. We play no losing teams in the entire month of January and all but one of them are ahead of us in the standings (Toronto is tied).

This is really an opportunity to move up if we perform well or start preparing for the future if we can't take the heat. We have games in hand on a lot of teams though, so it's time to start winning them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our problem is that we have yet to play Pittsburgh and really stoke that fire/passion.

Mark the 21st on your calendar.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our problem is that we have yet to play Pittsburgh and really stoke that fire/passion.

Mark the 21st on your calendar.

If it takes playing Pittsburgh to start a fire, I don't feel good about their chances of being successful the rest of this season

They need to have fire right now and should have been had it

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are those who would say that the Flyers play so much better against the better teams, they should go on a run. Considering how they have struggled on special teams all season really, and simply don't show up on nights until the game is out of reach, I don't have high hopes.

We all knew that this was going to be a tough season, but I think we all wanted the team to be more competitive on a consistent basis. We have seen flashes of that but only flashes.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do our usual lose 4 or five games in a row then win some games just to keep us interested and give us false hope. I do think that LA was just a better team than us but we need to start winning tonight.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWAZ I would just like to say I've been watching Emerson Etem play for the Rags this season and he is so bad that Umberger is a better hockey player than him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interesting article yesterday. Suggested that if the Flyers are out of the playoff picture early, Provorov and/or Konecny could play the last 9 games. I understand the 9 game rule not burning a year of the ELC but can they be brought up at the end of the season? I hope we are not in that position but if we are and can do it, is there a downside?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interesting article yesterday. Suggested that if the Flyers are out of the playoff picture early, Provorov and/or Konecny could play the last 9 games. I understand the 9 game rule not burning a year of the ELC but can they be brought up at the end of the season? I hope we are not in that position but if we are and can do it, is there a downside?

Pretty sure that's legit. It can be 9 games at any time, but it has to be in succession. ie, you can't call them up to play 1 game, send them down, call them up, etc.

I don't think there is much of a downside, but I expect the priority would be to play in playoff games for their respective junior teams. The 67s (Konecny) won't make the playoffs because outside of him, they're terrible. But there's lots of rumors that he's going to get traded any day now to someone that will make the playoffs. I'm pretty sure the Wheat Kings (Provorov) are a powerhouse, so they should make the playoffs.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's legit. It can be 9 games at any time, but it has to be in succession. ie, you can't call them up to play 1 game, send them down, call them up, etc.

I don't think there is much of a downside, but I expect the priority would be to play in playoff games for their respective junior teams. The 67s (Konecny) won't make the playoffs because outside of him, they're terrible. But there's lots of rumors that he's going to get traded any day now to someone that will make the playoffs. I'm pretty sure the Wheat Kings (Provorov) are a powerhouse, so they should make the playoffs.

I think he was already traded to Sarnia yesterday - Derian Hatcher bought the team and is coaching them now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was already traded to Sarnia yesterday - Derian Hatcher bought the team and is coaching them now

and the return was crazy. I read it was like a 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, and like 8 future picks. granted, I don't know how the junior drafts work, but that seems nuts.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the return was crazy. I read it was like a 2nd round pick, 3rd round pick, and like 8 future picks. granted, I don't know how the junior drafts work, but that seems nuts.

Joining the 67’s immediately are centre Sasha Chmelevski, drafted 10th overall last June, and second-year forward Chase Campbell. They may play Friday against the Peterborough Petes at TD Place arena.

The 67’s are also guaranteed second-round picks in 2016, 2017 and 2019, third-round selections in 2017, 2019 and 2020 and fifth-rounders in 2017 and 2019.

In the unlikely event that Konecny returns to Sarnia next season rather than playing in the NHL, the 67’s would also receive second-round picks in 2021 and 2022.

so 2 players, 8 guaranteed picks, 2 conditional picks. wow.

also according to this article, looks like Konecny was a little sad to be moved: Ottawa 67's trade captain Konecny to Sarnia in blockbuster deal

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a crazy deal but its nice to know special K is thought of so highly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team around us in the standings is losing, so we're suddenly right back in the middle of the playoff race.

We're only 4 points back of the Devils with two games in hand and they are without their leading scorer.

I would not at all be surprised if we're able to pass a lot of these teams soon that are just barely ahead of us. The Islanders and Rangers are not out of reach either. Basically everyone in our division minus Washington is struggling.