• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Streit is about 2 weeks from returning. When he gets back the cap problem returns. We don't have the cap space to keep Ghost. Even sending Manning (has been playing well of late) doesn't create enough room. The only non waiver player that can go down with enough cap space is Laughton. Something has to give as Ghost has to stay.

I would've thought we'd have the cap space with a nice chunk of Streit's $5.25 million cap hit absorbed by LTIR.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish we had gotten Patrick Kane instead of JVR.
I don't know. Since Homer was the GM, I think I would have been pissed with Kane for L. Schenn than JVR for L. Schenn.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Since Homer was the GM, I think I would have been pissed with Kane for L. Schenn than JVR for L. Schenn.
Even thought Homer did make some dumb trades and signings I don't think he would've been that dumb.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even thought Homer did make some dumb trades and signings I don't think he would've been that dumb.
To Homer he would not have fitted the Flyers style of play. He isn't big and slow. He probably would still have taken JVR if we had the 1st pick:loco2:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish we had gotten Patrick Kane instead of JVR.

It's amazing how that works. If we had picked 1st as we should've and taken Kane, he's an elite level talent and it would've changed the course of history in our favor big time. Our team wouldn't be the same now, but we also may have another Cup. That's one top two overall pick. The Pens have squandered a bunch more of those...lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Homer he would not have fitted the Flyers style of play. He isn't big and slow. He probably would still have taken JVR if we had the 1st pick:loco2:

that's what everyone seemed to think leading up to the draft too. JVR, Kane, and I think Turris were all pretty closely rated that year. it would've been awesome to have had Kane, but even if the Flyers win the lottery I don't know that they draft him, that's why I don't get too upset over it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real disappointment out of that draft is the Flyers had 4 chances to take Jamie Benn and didn't :Cry:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult not to "explode in my pants" at the thought of Ghost right now.

I know it's only 15 games, but he's tied for the league lead in OT winners this season (3) with some of the greats of the game (who have played a lot more games) and only two rookies have played in more games and averaged more points per game. They are both forwards. No other defender is even in the neighborhood.

So, if offense from the back end and insane clutchness at all go into the Calder Trophy selection, then he is a natural.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult not to "explode in my pants" at the thought of Ghost right now.

I know it's only 15 games, but he's tied for the league lead in OT winners this season (3) with some of the greats of the game (who have played a lot more games) and only two rookies have played in more games and averaged more points per game. They are both forwards. No other defender is even in the neighborhood.

So, if offense from the back end and insane clutchness at all go into the Calder Trophy selection, then he is a natural.

He should definitely be in the top three right now - Panarin and Larkin would be the other two for me

That being said, there's been talk that Connor McDavid might be back a LOT earlier than expected - originally the return was to be early-March but now he might be back in a month - if he's back much sooner then the numbers he may very well put up could help him get back in the discussion

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty disappointed in the play of Laughton. At the beginning of the season he was flying around and had more speed than most players on the ice which resulted in scoring chances. These days I don't see that burst and without the speed it makes him very ordinary. Since we drafted him I heard a lot of comparisons to Mike Richards I just don't see it am I missing something?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's work to be done here, but I think we can pass Pittsburgh, NJ, Florida and Tampa. That would give us the second wild card. It's very possible. Those teams all have a lot of issues right now, including scoring, just as we did. I think we've mostly cleared our issue up though with four goals scored already four different times this month. I'm still waiting to hang a touchdown on somebody, but it's not a necessity.

The bottom line is that these teams directly ahead of us can be had, especially the Pens, who have seemingly imploded. They can't score, just fired their coach and now Fleury in out indefinitely with a concussion.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty disappointed in the play of Laughton. At the beginning of the season he was flying around and had more speed than most players on the ice which resulted in scoring chances. These days I don't see that burst and without the speed it makes him very ordinary. Since we drafted him I heard a lot of comparisons to Mike Richards I just don't see it am I missing something?

I wonder if some of the hits he's taken the last few weeks have caught up to him - he's had a concussion before and I know he's been hit again recently in the last few weeks

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mason may still technically be the "number one" so to speak, but if he struggles again tonight, he can ride the bench for a little while longer until he rounds his game into shape. He's absolutely right though. Neuvirth is outplaying him and it's not close.

The goals that Skinner was scoring on Neuvy were just filthy good. Nothing he (or any other goalie) could do. Regardless, he hangs in there and we win the game. That's pretty damn encouraging.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason may still technically be the "number one" so to speak, but if he struggles again tonight, he can ride the bench for a little while longer until he rounds his game into shape. He's absolutely right though. Neuvirth is outplaying him and it's not close.

The goals that Skinner was scoring on Neuvy were just filthy good. Nothing he (or any other goalie) could do. Regardless, he hangs in there and we win the game. That's pretty damn encouraging.
Its not a bad problem to have right now with two goalies that are good I personally think Neuvirth style is better for not giving up rebounds. Its as if the puck deadens in his chest and I read an article that said he gives credit to our goalie coach for helping him see more of the ice. If he keeps playing this well he has to take over the number 1.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a bad problem to have right now with two goalies that are good I personally think Neuvirth style is better for not giving up rebounds. Its as if the puck deadens in his chest and I read an article that said he gives credit to our goalie coach for helping him see more of the ice. If he keeps playing this well he has to take over the number 1.
Ride with the hot hand. Right now is Neuvirth.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if some of the hits he's taken the last few weeks have caught up to him - he's had a concussion before and I know he's been hit again recently in the last few weeks
I think he just needs to keep developing. He has a good shot but usually fires wide. He is trying to be so perfect he is missing by feet and not inches.