• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of ironic that MacDonald comes up to play probably what will be his only game with us this entire season and it's against the Islanders.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day:

9-6-3 against teams with a .500 or better record.

2-5-2 against teams with a below .500 record.

The trend from last season continues. We can beat good teams, but we let lesser teams walk all over us. It's pretty unreal when you consider the numbers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the Day:

9-6-3 against teams with a .500 or better record.

2-5-2 against teams with a below .500 record.

The trend from last season continues. We can beat good teams, but we let lesser teams walk all over us. It's pretty unreal when you consider the numbers.
It seems to be a pattern for three different coaches now so I know its on the players. I guess we just have to deal with it until the deadline and see who goes.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to be a pattern for three different coaches now so I know its on the players. I guess we just have to deal with it until the deadline and see who goes.

Honestly, I think this is a playoff team with the addition of Ghost and then Streit back. The results against good teams only further makes that case.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think this is a playoff team with the addition of Ghost and then Streit back. The results against good teams only further makes that case.
If we sneak into the playoffs I will be very surprised. We are defiantly playing better these days but as we all know from the past we are a team of streaks. Hopefully I am wrong and we keep playing well and not just against the good teams. Ghost is awesome and our best defenseman by far but at 160 lbs I don't know if he will wear down. Again I hope he doesn't and continues to play like he has and wins the rookie of the year.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sneak into the playoffs I will be very surprised. We are defiantly playing better these days but as we all know from the past we are a team of streaks. Hopefully I am wrong and we keep playing well and not just against the good teams. Ghost is awesome and our best defenseman by far but at 160 lbs I don't know if he will wear down. Again I hope he doesn't and continues to play like he has and wins the rookie of the year.

Johnny Hockey has no problem wearing down and he's a forward which is arguably harder as far as being the one to go up against big defensemen

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, at this stage we wish he had started the season with the big club, because I think he is just too many games behind guys like Larkin, Domi and Panarin to win the award. Maybe if they factor in that he's 6th in points per game among all rookies and tops among defenders easily. I do think he is performing at a higher level than Parayko.

That said, if he could somehow stay close to his current pace and have 45 points in 65 games, he has to be a major candidate at least.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at this stage we wish he had started the season with the big club, because I think he is just too many games behind guys like Larkin, Domi and Panarin to win the award. Maybe if they factor in that he's 6th in points per game among all rookies and tops among defenders easily. I do think he is performing at a higher level than Parayko.

That said, if he could somehow stay close to his current pace and have 45 points in 65 games, he has to be a major candidate at least.

I think a lot of his candidacy will go hand in hand with the teams success - they've had a good stretch but if they keep it up it might open up more eyes - but I think it will be tough because some of those guys are on perennial playoff teams or teams that were real bad the season before and are much better this time around - the Flyers are sort of in the same spot they were in last season where they were in the middle of the pack - they haven't been significantly better or worse

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Hockey has no problem wearing down and he's a forward which is arguably harder as far as being the one to go up against big defensemen
This is true but Johnny hockey wasn't coming off a season ending surgery last season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but Johnny hockey wasn't coming off a season ending surgery last season.

The way players are now, they are even stronger after surgeries and that is probably helping him right now

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see that there will be an announcement regarding Vinny tomorrow. He did not skate today and speculation is that he is having back issues. Since he cant be sent to AHL (full no movement clause) this really is a mystery. He has made it clear that he will not retire. LTIR?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way players are now, they are even stronger after surgeries and that is probably helping him right now
Anyone see that there will be an announcement regarding Vinny tomorrow. He did not skate today and speculation is that he is having back issues. Since he cant be sent to AHL (full no movement clause) this really is a mystery. He has made it clear that he will not retire. LTIR?
Maybe a team that needs to get to the cap floor wants him?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if we could stop taking games to OT. I believe we are in sole possession of 1st in that category at a whopping 12 games.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if we could stop taking games to OT. I believe we are in sole possession of 1st in that category at a whopping 12 games.
If we stop giving up goals in the first minute of every game we may be able to achieve this goal.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe a team that needs to get to the cap floor wants him?
I doubt that. He could accept a move to the AHL and then maybe we would get lucky enough for someone to pick him up on re-entry?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that. He could accept a move to the AHL and then maybe we would get lucky enough for someone to pick him up on re-entry?
There has got to be a no move to minors in his contract or I think they would've sent him down already to save cap money.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There has got to be a no move to minors in his contract or I think they would've sent him down already to save cap money.

well thats what I asked Meltzer this morning because I was confused why they wouldnt do it. his response to me was "he can't be waived without his permission. If he agrees to waivers, he loses the power to block an AHL assignment if he clears."

so he can go...its just his call, so he is probably just being stubborn and annoying about it. you can't play anymore dude either retire or go prove you can play still.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats what I asked Meltzer this morning because I was confused why they wouldnt do it. his response to me was "he can't be waived without his permission. If he agrees to waivers, he loses the power to block an AHL assignment if he clears."

so he can go...its just his call, so he is probably just being stubborn and annoying about it. you can't play anymore dude either retire or go prove you can play still.
This!