• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be legal if we asked Vinny to retire and hire him as a coach at the same salary?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be legal if we asked Vinny to retire and hire him as a coach at the same salary?
I am still waiting for the announcement that was supposed to happen yesterday. I think I read he has played 7 games and a total of 65 minutes this year. He should retire and try to make a come back with someone next year at league minimum if he really wants to play. Someone can chime in on what a retirement does with the cap hit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still waiting for the announcement that was supposed to happen yesterday. I think I read he has played 7 games and a total of 65 minutes this year. He should retire and try to make a come back with someone next year at league minimum if he really wants to play. Someone can chime in on what a retirement does with the cap hit.
I don't know what it does to the cap hit but if it takes all his money off the books why cant he retire and gat paid the same salary to coach one of our junior teams. That would take his cap hit off of our books and he still gets the same salary.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it does to the cap hit but if it takes all his money off the books why cant he retire and gat paid the same salary to coach one of our junior teams. That would take his cap hit off of our books and he still gets the same salary.
Sounds like he thinks he can play. Give him his money and let him sign for a minimum contract next year with someone else.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Claude Giroux?

The goal last night is going to be one of the top highlights of the entire Nhl season.

As far back as he once was in the scoring race, he's now tied for 14th and knocking on the door of the top 10, if not top 5 already.

Patrick Kane has a 24 game point streak and yet Giroux has outscored him 14-13 across their last 9 games.

Pretty unreal stuff.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was one of the few times I was able to watch an entire game this season. I saw a very good team. Thee were moments where we dominated and moments where we were dominated. To win on the road against the Blues is no easy task. 1st goal - Raffl goes to the net, 2nd goal - read goes to the net, 3rd goal was just a sick move by G. Simmonds is playing mad (good thing), Gudas hits everything that moves, Ghost has to stay in the NHL. He makes some bad plays but has the speed to make up for it. Hopefully this is the trend for the remainder of the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was one of the few times I was able to watch an entire game this season. I saw a very good team. Thee were moments where we dominated and moments where we were dominated. To win on the road against the Blues is no easy task. 1st goal - Raffl goes to the net, 2nd goal - read goes to the net, 3rd goal was just a sick move by G. Simmonds is playing mad (good thing), Gudas hits everything that moves, Ghost has to stay in the NHL. He makes some bad plays but has the speed to make up for it. Hopefully this is the trend for the remainder of the season.
This is on point and Gudas had a monster game last night with not only hits he had 3 blocked shots and 4 shots on goal and was a plus 4

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is on point and Gudas had a monster game last night with not only hits he had 3 blocked shots and 4 shots on goal and was a plus 4
At least last night, the defense was not readily giving up the blue line either. Great team effort against a very good team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early to talk playoffs, but we're right on the heels of four other teams for the second wild card spot. I think we can now safely say we've gotten past the goal scoring slump, regardless of what happens tonight. We're on the cusp of having a game where we light someone up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think G as an elite level player really sees the greatness in Gostisbehere as much as anyone does and he gives it his all to let him do his thing on the power play. It's a deadly combo out there and once Voracek starts scoring, that trio will be virtually unstoppable.

I can't even see Streit regaining his spot on the top power play unit upon his return. Not if we want to win games.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys believe that the Pens have fired their head coach? Wow, I am a bit caught off guard here.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys believe that the Pens have fired their head coach? Wow, I am a bit caught off guard here.
I saw that and scratched my head. Right now they have a team of guys underachieving (sound familiar). Cindy and Kessel haven't clicked and the saga continues.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Streit is about 2 weeks from returning. When he gets back the cap problem returns. We don't have the cap space to keep Ghost. Even sending Manning (has been playing well of late) doesn't create enough room. The only non waiver player that can go down with enough cap space is Laughton. Something has to give as Ghost has to stay.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Streit is about 2 weeks from returning. When he gets back the cap problem returns. We don't have the cap space to keep Ghost. Even sending Manning (has been playing well of late) doesn't create enough room. The only non waiver player that can go down with enough cap space is Laughton. Something has to give as Ghost has to stay.
If Laughton has to go down we wouldn't be missing much as he doesn't play many minutes