• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess first string goalies for teams that go to OT often (see OTT and NJ) should also be dropped down a few pegs. All of those losses will not reward the 2.5 for a loss, which could certainly matter.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently goalie wins mean more than I even first thought. But, if your goalie is truly bad, you're unlikely to ever get a negative score unless they had very few saves and got yanked or injured. As long as they get credit for a loss and had 15+ saves, they break even with 4 goals against.

Oh well. Callahan completely fucked me last night when I watched him flip the puck over the glass with a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd, allowing Ekblad to wire the power play goal with just 38 seconds left that altogether led to a ridiculous swing in points for us.

Pretty unreal stuff.

Haha I was stunned when I got home this morning and saw that the Panthers came back and won - I thought it would be another one of those games for them where they fall just short - Tampa's been up and down this season so far

I picked up Ghost in our league

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved my team entering this week, but your team is just absurdly hot and/or lucky right now. I still love my team even. This week has just been about one stat. Your boys have 10 PPG's in 6 days of hockey. That's more than Team FFF has for the entire season.

I'll be shocked if guys like Carter, Toffoli, Wheeler and Bergeron can keep humming along at their current pace, but I guess enjoy it while you have it. I expect to win my division and see you in the finals, I just wish we had more teams.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved my team entering this week, but your team is just absurdly hot and/or lucky right now. I still love my team even. This week has just been about one stat. Your boys have 10 PPG's in 6 days of hockey. That's more than Team FFF has for the entire season.

I'll be shocked if guys like Carter, Toffoli, Wheeler and Bergeron can keep humming along at their current pace, but I guess enjoy it while you have it. I expect to win my division and see you in the finals, I just wish we had more teams.

We will see haha remember I have Carey Price on IR so when he comes back that will make my team better and Duncan Keith is just coming back

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see haha remember I have Carey Price on IR so when he comes back that will make my team better and Duncan Keith is just coming back

I went from watching MacKinnon net two goals in the far corner of the net 13 seconds apart and being ahead loads of points to only holding a tenth of a point lead at the end of the day. It's absurd.

You have hotter and overall better goalies than anyone obviously, but I feel it's closer than you might think once Pitt and Tampa inevitably start winning games.

Perhaps nobody can match your defense once Streit returns, but I do like mine with Karlsson/Krug and some young guys that are producing. Not sure what to do with Muzzin and Kronwall just yet. Probably stay the course.

I love my forward crop, but many of them just aren't lighting the lamp yet. They are still getting the points though overall. I'm not at all worried. I will just make little tweaks here and there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Toffoli for shits and giggles:

He is on pace for close to 50 goals.

I mean, I like the kid, but he's not Ovechkin.

How do I know this? Ovechkin is on my team and has two fewer goals...lol

I smell a wager here... :D:heh::nod:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the infusion of some young talent into the line-up. Exciting and stinky line-up beats boring and stinky any day of the week.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really watched the 3rd and OT rather than read/channel flip watch. Was good to see the energy level.
If you were going to watch that game at all you turned on the best two periods by us other wise we stunk the first two periods with a whopping 7 shots over the 1st and 2nd periods.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the young kids aren't getting injured because they're not ready, then playing them now could be a positive all around, for sure. It's essentially on the job training and Hakstol is obviously used to teaching young men how to play hockey the right way, so that works here.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the young kids aren't getting injured because they're not ready, then playing them now could be a positive all around, for sure. It's essentially on the job training and Hakstol is obviously used to teaching young men how to play hockey the right way, so that works here.
I would like to see the young kids also it just makes it fun hockey to watch.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the young kids also it just makes it fun hockey to watch.
As I said the other day, Adding Leier and Ghost brought some energy and excitement to the 3rd period and OT. Hopefully they are getting settled in and more comfortable.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 on 3 is great as we have clearly seen, but I don't necessarily like the idea of Giroux skating up and down the ice with Zuccarello and Letang against another divisional trio. We mostly hate the other teams/players in our division, so you might as well keep the fantasy draft portion.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 on 3 is great as we have clearly seen, but I don't necessarily like the idea of Giroux skating up and down the ice with Zuccarello and Letang against another divisional trio. We mostly hate the other teams/players in our division, so you might as well keep the fantasy draft portion.

I think if there's one thing they could have done differently for this would have been to keep the fantasy draft but have it be a four division/team thing like they're doing with four different captains and then have the format where two divisions play against each other playoff style - the fantasy draft is really fun and it's nice to see the personalities of some of the players - some people were saying that maybe they scrapped it because too many players looked drunk during the fantasy draft and it didn't give the league a good look but I don't buy that for one second

I like that the winning team gets a nice payday out of it - even though it might be chunk change to them, it's certainly better than nothing

People always bitch about the ASG but they need to enjoy it for what it is - fans complain that they are too stressed out watching their own teams every night but how do you think the players feel? For one weekend they deserve to have some fun and treat it like what it is, an exhibition - everyone should enjoy it for what it is - it's nice to showcase the players in games like this because it never hurts the league to have exposure like this