• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in Hakstol and Hextall ultimately, but the offensive numbers through 15 games this season versus last are alarming.

Last season: 3.2 goals per game and 25% power play

This season: 1.8 goals per game and 13.6% power play

Believe it or not, our defense has been slightly better to date and our record worse, but only by 3 points.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn the offense around and we're a better team than last season and our forward group is virtually the same as it was, so this can and will be done. Also, you have to think the defense and goaltending actually are slightly better when taking into consideration Medvedev, Gudas and Neuvirth.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is Couts just never going to get any better?
I am still hoping the best is yet to come. On another note, if this season turns out to be like '06, why isn't there a Jack Eichel or McDavid available?:L

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn the offense around and we're a better team than last season and our forward group is virtually the same as it was, so this can and will be done. Also, you have to think the defense and goaltending actually are slightly better when taking into consideration Medvedev, Gudas and Neuvirth.

I think the defense only looks better because of the goaltending - three shutouts will make their defensive stats look better

Without a doubt, the offense can be better and it probably should by default once Jake starts scoring, but I'm not sure that the offense will be significantly better - part of having a better offense is having a better defense - their defense is not better therefore the offense will continue to be up and down

I would like to think they could make things interesting this season and not go completely into the tank but with this team, what you see is what you get - there's no magic potion to turn this team into a legitimate contender right now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would probably lose the race to the worst record the way things are going.

It would actually be better to be second overall than first overall because first overall only has 20% chance of winning the pick, so essentially, the second overall team has an 80% chance roughly of getting the first pick, they most likely wouldn't fall down from two so I think teams who are trying to get the worst record need to consider that

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would actually be better to be second overall than first overall because first overall only has 20% chance of winning the pick, so essentially, the second overall team has an 80% chance roughly of getting the first pick, they most likely wouldn't fall down from two so I think teams who are trying to get the worst record need to consider that
I'm just kidding about the worst record im really hoping this team gets its act together and finishes in a playoff spot and maybe we can do some damage.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just kidding about the worst record im really hoping this team gets its act together and finishes in a playoff spot and maybe we can do some damage.

Of course that would be great, I just don't see it

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this team straightens up and makes a run at the playoffs, we'll get the 5K posts. You can go to the bank on that statement.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused with this new fantasy scoring format in our league.

Condon gives up 4 goals on only 11 shots against Colorado in a 1-6 loss and only plays two periods. His score is -0.8.

Bishop also gives up 4 goals, but on 23 shots against Florida in a 4-5 shootout loss of which he played the entire game. His score is -2.1.

Both goalies lost, but Bishop had more saves and played the full game. It seems to me like Condon got the 2.5 points for a loss and Bishop didn't, which I don't earthly understand.

Can anyone explain to me why Bishop's score is worse?

Pardon me if I'm a little miffed. I was at one point ahead by about 35 points yesterday and at the end of the day, I'm ahead by one tenth of a point. And, the Bolts completely blew that game, which appears to have cost me 6 points.

Last edited:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused with this new fantasy scoring format in our league.

Condon gives up 4 goals on only 11 shots against Colorado in a 1-6 loss and only plays two periods. His score is -0.8.

Bishop also gives up 4 goals, but on 23 shots against Florida in a 4-5 shootout loss of which he played the entire game. His score is -2.1.

Both goalies lost, but Bishop had more saves and played the full game. It seems to me like Condon got the 2.5 points for a loss and Bishop didn't, which I don't earthly understand.

Can anyone explain to me why Bishop's score is worse?

Pardon me if I'm a little miffed. I was at one point ahead by about 35 points yesterday and at the end of the day, I'm ahead by one tenth of a point. And, the Bolts completely blew that game, which appears to have cost me 6 points.

I just noticed and figured out that for some weird reason(I could have done it and not realized it at the time), you get positive points for a loss - if you lose in OT you don't get any positive points for a loss

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed and figured out that for some weird reason(I could have done it and not realized it at the time), you get positive points for a loss - if you lose in OT you don't get any positive points for a loss

Dumbest thing I've ever heard of...LOL

A goalie that's 40 seconds from a regulation win and the extra 5 points takes the game all the way to a shootout, loses the shootout and gets zero credit for even playing in the game aside from goals against and saves.

On the flip side, Luongo got credit for the shootout win and banked the 5 points...

I guess no goalie lost.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest thing I've ever heard of...LOL

A goalie that's 40 seconds from a regulation win and the extra 5 points takes the game all the way to a shootout, loses the shootout and gets zero credit for even playing in the game aside from goals against and saves.

On the flip side, Luongo got credit for the shootout win and banked the 5 points...

I guess no goalie lost.

I wonder if that was an automatic thing from ESPN - since I did it manually, it was probably just something I didn't think of when I altered some of the point system

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that was an automatic thing from ESPN - since I did it manually, it was probably just something I didn't think of when I altered some of the point system

Apparently goalie wins mean more than I even first thought. But, if your goalie is truly bad, you're unlikely to ever get a negative score unless they had very few saves and got yanked or injured. As long as they get credit for a loss and had 15+ saves, they break even with 4 goals against.

Oh well. Callahan completely fucked me last night when I watched him flip the puck over the glass with a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd, allowing Ekblad to wire the power play goal with just 38 seconds left that altogether led to a ridiculous swing in points for us.

Pretty unreal stuff.