• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Gagner will net them something really good me thinks - Luke Schenn in all likelihood could get them something good too

I think Brayden stays, so does Michael Raffl - Evgeny Medvedev could stay if he continues to play well

I'm not sure what value Radko Gudas and or Brandon Manning have to other teams - Ryan White could be a trade chip but I'm not sure how much he moves the needle

First, that also represents 15.8 mil in cap space, which alone is valuable.

Second, I agree, Gagner and LSchenn will return good pieces/draft picks.

I think Raffl and Medvedev go too and return good pieces. They're middle of the road players, not that helpful for a team rebuilding, but could be very important to a team making a playoff run. Good depth players, they just get exposed playing top minutes for the Flyers.

Gudas I say goes. Depth dmen are a highly sought after commodity at the trade deadline. Manning, I agree, not valuable.

Ryan White is a solid 4th liner. I don't think it would be much, I think a 4th rounder is possible. Hell, Rinaldo got a 3rd, White could fetch a 3rd also.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, that also represents 15.8 mil in cap space, which alone is valuable.

Second, I agree, Gagner and LSchenn will return good pieces/draft picks.

I think Raffl and Medvedev go too and return good pieces. They're middle of the road players, not that helpful for a team rebuilding, but could be very important to a team making a playoff run. Good depth players, they just get exposed playing top minutes for the Flyers.

Gudas I say goes. Depth dmen are a highly sought after commodity at the trade deadline. Manning, I agree, not valuable.

Ryan White is a solid 4th liner. I don't think it would be much, I think a 4th rounder is possible. Hell, Rinaldo got a 3rd, White could fetch a 3rd also.

The thing about Michael Raffl is that I think in a lesser role, he's a great player for this team - even though it probably wouldn't make people lose sleep if he was traded, I think you have to think long term and he's still relatively young and while you can find depth players from the draft to help you going forward, he's someone I'd like to keep because he's shown some really nice attributes and I think he would be a great fit for the bottom six - 17 goals last season is nothing to sneeze at and I think he's a 15-20 goal player at least and it's important to have players like that on your team, especially with him coming cheap

The key also is, if you trade a bunch of guys, is that when you start calling up all the young players or do you just put fillers there to replace the traded guys? They might not want to trade everyone because that means some of the young players who may/may not be ready would have to come in - I do think Ghost for sure will be up later this season and that's where one of the d-men being traded makes perfect sense

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning all :suds: been slacking here got tied up with life and buried with gif requests. Hope all is well

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not the plan is to trade all of our players on the last year of their contracts, the product we have out on the ice right now remains unacceptable, especially when we've shown in the recent past that we can beat some strong teams again and again (see Washington and Pittsburgh last season). We even beat the 11-2-2 Rangers this season. The consistency from night to night just isn't there.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not the plan is to trade all of our players on the last year of their contracts, the product we have out on the ice right now remains unacceptable, especially when we've shown in the recent past that we can beat some strong teams again and again (see Washington and Pittsburgh last season). We even beat the 11-2-2 Rangers this season. The consistency from night to night just isn't there.

Hopefully they play much better tonight because against a really good team, they have no other choice

But they have to play well against the mediocre teams as well, we can say over and over again that they're really good against the best in the league but it means nothing when you don't have success against teams you should beat

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys. How is everyone on this very windy and rainy day. At least where I live. Let's get out of this slump. I want to see us at least competitng.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true and consistency has been an issue with this team for three years running. Its like a tease to fans when you know they knock off any playoff team that comes in front of them and lose to non playoff teams. Hopefully that meeting paid off and it makes this team fun to watch again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys. How is everyone on this very windy and rainy day. At least where I live. Let's get out of this slump. I want to see us at least competitng.
Happy Veterans Day Mall thanks for your service !!!!! :suds::usa2:

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is fine its holiday time. Lets get a win tonight so we can both be happy another day.
Hard to believe that thanksgiving is around the corner. The year is flying. I'll be in Ohio for the holiday and staying for the Buckeyes vs scUM game that Saturday. Unfortunately it's in Ann Arbor this year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will we see Hakstol run a Mike Keenan style practice from here on out? This team just doesn't click and the sad part is that we have a lot of talent.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not we aren't a deep team as you know and certainly cant afford injuries in practice.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said that Giroux and Voracek are our only top six forwards. I have to disagree. Simmonds has averaged 28 goals a season for us. That's a top six guy, no matter how you slice it. Read scored 46 goals for us in two seasons also, he just lost his mojo last season. Raffl had 21 goals in only 67 games last season. Guys like Schenn and Couturier are right on the cusp and a guy like Laughton, you just don't know yet. He is improving fast.

I do think that the Hartnell trade was a clear fail at this point. We're paying for it too. He's leading Columbus in points with 12 while Umberger is one of our least reliable forwards at this point.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said that Giroux and Voracek are our only top six forwards. I have to disagree. Simmonds has averaged 28 goals a season for us. That's a top six guy, no matter how you slice it. Read scored 46 goals for us in two seasons also, he just lost his mojo last season. Raffl had 21 goals in only 67 games last season. Guys like Schenn and Couturier are right on the cusp and a guy like Laughton, you just don't know yet. He is improving fast.

I do think that the Hartnell trade was a clear fail at this point. We're paying for it too. He's leading Columbus in points with 12 while Umberger is one of our least reliable forwards at this point.

In the new NHL, offense starts with the defensemen. The Flyers' defensemen as a group suck. Thus, the team has trouble scoring 5 on 5, regardless of what talent they may or may not have at forward. What I don't get is the drop in the PP this year.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a hockey fan, but you fuckers need to get busy at #898 if you are going to hit 5K by the end of the season. Did my part to contribute.:D