• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0 a minute into the game deja vu all over again

The slow starts or goals against in the first/last minute of periods are going to kill us considering we're only scoring once and drawing two penalties per game as of late. The lack of penalties being drawn to me is a strong indication that we're not putting enough pressure on other teams in the offensive zone.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking during the broadcast last night while one of the commentators was talking about the 2 goals Giroux last scored against the Bruins in a loss that we can't even get credit for games we've won...Lol

Jesus. He scored a critical 3rd period goal and the OT winner and you stated that we lost the game...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slow starts or goals against in the first/last minute of periods are going to kill us considering we're only scoring once and drawing two penalties per game as of late. The lack of penalties being drawn to me is a strong indication that we're not putting enough pressure on other teams in the offensive zone.
THIS!!!!!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chy im hearing rumors of Alshon Jeffery to the Rams for the Eagles 2nd round pick we got in the Bradford deal. That would be nice
I heard Jeffery also. The one I heard was Quick and Cook for Jeffery. I would do either in a minute.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be able to change the 1st Goal contest to the Only Goal contest the way the offense is playing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the fast start that coach Hakstol wanted to open the season...Lol

I'm surprised that there aren't yet people screaming for him to be fired.

29th in goals scored, 28th in power play, 25th in goals against and 21st in penalty killing.

Injuries aren't enough of an excuse. That's God awful.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29th in goals scored, 28th in power play, 25th in goals against and 21st in penalty killing.

At this points

Since this has been going on for three coaches now im going to go out on a limb and say its on this roster of players. It may be time to shake up this line up.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't personally blame Hakstol, because it is clearly on the players to me. I'm glad that we're not playing division games right now. Once we get back to that, we're going to find out what we have here with this team.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the top line has already been broken up a bunch lately. We have so many damn centers. I would probably have Giroux, Gagner, Laughton and White at center, then move either Simmonds or Schenn up with Giroux/Voracek. These guys need to quit fucking around and drive the net though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts need to come back like right now

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Daily News is losing a bunch of people including the Flyers beat writer - the newspaper industry is sad these days

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Daily News is losing a bunch of people including the Flyers beat writer - the newspaper industry is sad these days
Not many people read actual newspapers anymore. On my bus in the AM everyone and I mean everyone is staring at their phones.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many people read actual newspapers anymore. On my bus in the AM everyone and I mean everyone is staring at their phones.

I'll still buy the Daily News sometimes just to read the sports section, I like getting some extended Flyers reading and I like to cut out sports articles and collect them - I have article/box score cut outs from the last 6-7 years

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still buy the Daily News sometimes just to read the sports section, I like getting some extended Flyers reading and I like to cut out sports articles and collect them - I have article/box score cut outs from the last 6-7 years
That's funny I also bought the NY daily news everyday for the last 10 years. I stopped about 6 months ago when they raised the price to $1.25 and provided a lot less coverage for a lot more money.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny I also bought the NY daily news everyday for the last 10 years. I stopped about 6 months ago when they raised the price to $1.25 and provided a lot less coverage for a lot more money.

The Philly Daily News is I think $1 - they provide some real good Eagles coverage, the Flyers coverage is better than any other local newspaper and I like that they show the box scores of all sports games in the scores section

I guess I'm one of the few that likes both the paper and online - I think using different resources is nice

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else of the theory that we no longer have any "untouchables?

Sad to say,but it may be time to start using Gee,Voracek,etc..as trade bait for good returns-and not all god damn centers.

The only spot I'm comfortable with is goaltending,as they both have to stand on their head every game,as they're hung out to dry.The amount of shots they have to face is getting ridiculous.

Whatever the new system is,flush it down the damn toilet and start from scratch.Start with defence,as in how the hell to backcheck,shot block,or stay on your man.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad to say,but it may be time to start using Gee,Voracek,etc..as trade bait for good returns-and not all god damn centers.

The only spot I'm comfortable with is goaltending,as they both have to stand on their head every game,as they're hung out to dry.The amount of shots they have to face is getting ridiculous.

Whatever the new system is,flush it down the damn toilet and start from scratch.Start with defence,as in how the hell to backcheck,shot block,or stay on your man.

It would be difficult to start trading everybody at this point - they need to let these last few drafts develop and then they'll have the depth that can help these top players

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be difficult to start trading everybody at this point - they need to let these last few drafts develop and then they'll have the depth that can help these top players

I just pray that a guy like Giroux isn't already 30 by the time he gets some serious help here. Otherwise, we'll have completely wasted the prime of his career.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team is so disappointing to watch right now. I personally wouldn't mind the theory that anyone can be shipped out at any time but I don't think it will happen. Hopefully this scoring drought ends and this team is fun to watch again.