• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit strange. Statistically, we've been terrible as a team, but the record of 4-2-1 is still strong. I can only attribute this to our ridiculous strength of schedule to date and injuries.

If anything, this should perhaps be encouraging. If we're 4-2-1 against strong competition with these scoring and injury issues, where will we be when we straighten this all out?

Gotta remember a 7-1 loss when you're 7 games in is really going to skew the numbers. take that game out and they climb to 2.33 (20th) in GF/G, and all the way to 1.83 ga/g which is 3rd in the league behind the habs and hawks.

The Panthers also went 3/7 on the PP in that game. Take that out and the PK% jumps from 79% to 86% (17th to 11th).

So it really comes down to the lack of goal scoring/game (22nd in the league). That I think is reflective of the 16.7% PP (19th). If you take what they're capable of (23.4% average of the past 2 seasons), AND take out the Panthers game, you're up to 2.6 goals/g (18th)

also, side note, NHL.com's new stats layout is pretty nifty, and work is not entertaining me today :p

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta remember a 7-1 loss when you're 7 games in is really going to skew the numbers. take that game out and they climb to 2.33 (20th) in GF/G, and all the way to 1.83 ga/g which is 3rd in the league behind the habs and hawks.

The Panthers also went 3/7 on the PP in that game. Take that out and the PK% jumps from 79% to 86% (17th to 11th).

So it really comes down to the lack of goal scoring/game (22nd in the league). That I think is reflective of the 16.7% PP (19th). If you take what they're capable of (23.4% average of the past 2 seasons), AND take out the Panthers game, you're up to 2.6 goals/g (18th)

also, side note, NHL.com's new stats layout is pretty nifty, and work is not entertaining me today :p

Yeah the penalty kill has actually been really good other than that one game and I think once the power play gets going, as long as the penalty kill stays at a good level, they should continue to improve - I said from day one, special teams will be the most important aspect of this team - power play needs big goals and the penalty kill has to be stable for them to be competitive game in and game out

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If VV and Pebbles are out for any period of time, it will be curious to see how their PK fares because they are two key figures there

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We rebounded nicely with a win after that 7-1 debacle can we rebound tonight after a tough loss the other night. :hope:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Insider has an article ranking teams 1-30 based on projected finish 3 years from now, based on 4 categories: Current Roster, Prospects, Cap/Contracts and Owner/GM/Coach. They rate the Flyers 24th. Doesn't really mean much, but discouraging none-the-less.

24. Philadelphia Flyers
fpr_philadelphia.png
Metro Division FPR: Sixth

In short order, GM Ron Hextall has improved the Flyers' prospect rating from a 3.6 last year to a 6.0 this year. He's done a fantastic job in that department as well as in his attempts to clear salary cap space.

Big contracts for Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek cut into Hextall's flexibility moving forward, but both players are still young enough that their $8 million-plus salaries shouldn't be a major concern in 2018-19.

The Flyers were stagnant in the management category despite Hextall's proving himself a more than capable GM. Part of that could be some doubt cast on the hire of coach Dave Hakstol as well as some question over whether ownership will be patient enough to see Hextall's plan through to completion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Insider has an article ranking teams 1-30 based on projected finish 3 years from now, based on 4 categories: Current Roster, Prospects, Cap/Contracts and Owner/GM/Coach. They rate the Flyers 24th. Doesn't really mean much, but discouraging none-the-less.

24. Philadelphia Flyers
View attachment 46270
Metro Division FPR: Sixth

In short order, GM Ron Hextall has improved the Flyers' prospect rating from a 3.6 last year to a 6.0 this year. He's done a fantastic job in that department as well as in his attempts to clear salary cap space.

Big contracts for Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek cut into Hextall's flexibility moving forward, but both players are still young enough that their $8 million-plus salaries shouldn't be a major concern in 2018-19.

The Flyers were stagnant in the management category despite Hextall's proving himself a more than capable GM. Part of that could be some doubt cast on the hire of coach Dave Hakstol as well as some question over whether ownership will be patient enough to see Hextall's plan through to completion.
Thanks for posting this article its very interesting.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting a breakout game ,against the Devils aging team- no less than 6 goals for us:hope:
Just embarrassing, that game could've easily been 6-1 after the posts were hit in the 1st.Everyone gliding around is so frustrating. When Luke Schenn is our only goal scorer things are really bad.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but luck was probably the main reason why that wasn't a 1-7 loss to Buffalo last night, which would've mirrored the loss to Florida.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just frustrating to watch.

It's difficult. I don't quite know the exact stats, but it's as if we must score the first goal to win a game. That's completely absurd. This team also loses focus way too easily after giving up a goal or at the beginning/end of periods. You can double that loss of focus when it's both.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult. I don't quite know the exact stats, but it's as if we must score the first goal to win a game. That's completely absurd. This team also loses focus way too easily after giving up a goal or at the beginning/end of periods. You can double that loss of focus when it's both.
Well said!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps this is part of that, but I also think we're far too soft of a team with guys like Giroux, Simmonds, the Schenn brothers, Gudas, White and Laughton dressed.

I'm not asking anyone to go out there and try to Happy Gilmore someone to death with their skate, but when Buffalo dances around us with the puck for an entire period, we need to start making them pay. If anything, it will make them think twice and therefore slow them down or at least keep them from getting to the dirty scoring areas.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know when Coots and Frenchie are back?
Couts is traveling to Vancouver today but will not play tonight. He is getting closer and that's why he joined the team on this trip. Lebeu aka PEB aka Frenchie is out for another 2 weeks (min).

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0 a minute into the game deja vu all over again

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee with 12 PIM's already on pace for 89 for the season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chy im hearing rumors of Alshon Jeffery to the Rams for the Eagles 2nd round pick we got in the Bradford deal. That would be nice