• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn coblemonster.. Who is going to beat you in fantasy hockey with that roster of yours? Geez, that may be the best all star roster I have ever seen in any fantasy league bro. Lol at having both Price and Rinne.:L If I can at least stay with 20-30 pts all be happy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the new Flyers banner that Doobs put up. I think it looks amazing.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that I don't have the feeling that we are going to lose as soon as the back up goalie gets put in.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn coblemonster.. Who is going to beat you in fantasy hockey with that roster of yours? Geez, that may be the best all star roster I have ever seen in any fantasy league bro. Lol at having both Price and Rinne.:L If I can at least stay with 20-30 pts all be happy.

lol it helps that half the league auto-drafted too

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked my girlfriend for some ideas for what she might want this year for Christmas. She said she wants a new Flyers jersey but complained that whenever she gets one, the player she gets ends up being traded within a year or so (seriously, it's happened with her last 4). I'm going to get her a Lecavalier jersey...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked my girlfriend for some ideas for what she might want this year for Christmas. She said she wants a new Flyers jersey but complained that whenever she gets one, the player she gets ends up being traded within a year or so (seriously, it's happened with her last 4). I'm going to get her a Lecavalier jersey...
:pound:You know he isn't going anywhere.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough...this has happened to me and at this point I refuse to buy another jersey. Had Richards, two years later traded. Got JVR, that jersey was good for 1 whole year. Picked up Vinny the year we signed him, what a waste. Unfortunately, when I got Vinny, it was a toss up between him and B. Schenn. Talk about a no win situation for longevity sake.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why mase had to leave before last nights game? The reason I ask is maybe that was the reason he looked so bad in Fla.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I was at the game last night. Pretty docile for a home opener. Not sure what the deal with the crowd was for 80% of the game. Hopefully it picks up the rest of the year.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why mase had to leave before last nights game? The reason I ask is maybe that was the reason he looked so bad in Fla.
Saw a quote from Hextall that it was personal matter and he PLEADED with the media not to prod or dig into it. Based on this, I assume it is something family related. He skated today, but probably won't start for Chicago, most likely Dallas.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll give him a run for his money with a team I didn't pick. Just wait and see. My team is a lot better off than I had expected and I can't believe you dropped Tyler Johnson into my lap. I'm so stacked at center that I had to cut McDavid. Tough for me to keep him over Thornton or Staal.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers should take this notion that they're not a "contending team" and play with a serious chip on their shoulders for the rest of the season. Bob McKenzie basically said during the first intermission of the last game that there's almost no chance for us to make the playoffs. Now maybe he's right, but I think that's a bit of a slap in the face to all of our players, especially the new coach.

Remember, last season we had no real issue beating playoff teams. In fact, we beat St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, Winnipeg (x2), Tampa Bay, Ottawa and Detroit (x2). Add to that 9 wins against the teams in our own division that made the playoffs, the Caps and Pens especially.

I truly feel this is a playoff team if everyone performs to their ability and we have no lengthy injuries to one of our top 3 or 4 skaters. It's very early, but the bottom half of our division is a combined 0-13 and we're sitting at 2-1-1 with 5 points. Can we stay consistent and win the close games? That is the question. I think the addition of the 3 on 3 helps us here too because we will without a doubt have fewer shootouts. We had 11 shootout losses last season. That will never happen again and we have the speed/skill to win our fair share of 3 on 3's.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers should take this notion that they're not a "contending team" and play with a serious chip on their shoulders for the rest of the season. Bob McKenzie basically said during the first intermission of the last game that there's almost no chance for us to make the playoffs. Now maybe he's right, but I think that's a bit of a slap in the face to all of our players, especially the new coach.

Remember, last season we had no real issue beating playoff teams. In fact, we beat St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, Winnipeg (x2), Tampa Bay, Ottawa and Detroit (x2). Add to that 9 wins against the teams in our own division that made the playoffs, the Caps and Pens especially.

I truly feel this is a playoff team if everyone performs to their ability and we have no lengthy injuries to one of our top 3 or 4 skaters. It's very early, but the bottom half of our division is a combined 0-13 and we're sitting at 2-1-1 with 5 points. Can we stay consistent and win the close games? That is the question. I think the addition of the 3 on 3 helps us here too because we will without a doubt have fewer shootouts. We had 11 shootout losses last season. That will never happen again and we have the speed/skill to win our fair share of 3 on 3's.

I think they can be better than what people think, especially if special teams continues to come up big for them - I'm sure there will be adversity at some point in the season so we'll see how they handle it but I think they can be better than what people expect - we'll see though, I certainly think they will be fun to watch and that's what I want to see right now

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three Stars
1-Neuvirth
2-Controlling the neutral zone
3-Penalty kill 1000 times better than last season

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the fact that a lot of teams in our division are off to the slow start that we couldn't recover from the last couple of years. Hope they cant recover this season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the super long layoff and the back to back nights?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who sits when Umberger is back?
Will Vinny play this year?
Will L. Schenn play again?
Are they this much better without A Mac? (I had to throw that in)

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who sits when Umberger is back?
Will Vinny play this year?
Will L. Schenn play again?
Are they this much better without A Mac? (I had to throw that in)
Umberger sits...can't take Gagner out, he is providing too much offense in his two games. Vinny only plays if there are multiple injuries, too slow and defensive liability. L. Schenn plays when a defenseman needs a wake up call or injury. Don't really wanna touch the line up right now after two straight shut out team efforts.