• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams have a guy that they draft and he is in the pros instantly and is a big contributor the same year. Why doesn't that ever happen to us?

There's a lot of different factors

1) Teams with high picks get players that are more NHL ready, because of talent level
2) Established teams that have veterans can help ease those young players in right away and they can contribute without having to be counted on

The guys that the Flyers have drafted will be very good in the future but it's not wise to throw them into the wolves now and have them try to lead the defense - they all really can't come in at the same time, two or three at a time need to be brought in so that they're all not having to learn on the fly

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, it's because where we draft. Couts made the jump but I think G had to wait a year or 2. Secondly, a a major reason is that we never have room to add a young guy. We still have 8 dmen on 1 year contracts.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams have a guy that they draft and he is in the pros instantly and is a big contributor the same year. Why doesn't that ever happen to us?
I think Chy is right as Chara was traded early on because it took him longer to develop but when he did he became a force out there. I think one year of seasoning and we'll start to see the benefits of Morin but if they rush him they could ruin him and some other team will reap the rewards.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton didn't play well at all against the Rags the other night but that is just a one game sample.
Yeah and he's a forward it should be a lot easier for him whereas matta is making somewhat of an impact although the pens D is weak.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of different factors

1) Teams with high picks get players that are more NHL ready, because of talent level
2) Established teams that have veterans can help ease those young players in right away and they can contribute without having to be counted on

The guys that the Flyers have drafted will be very good in the future but it's not wise to throw them into the wolves now and have them try to lead the defense - they all really can't come in at the same time, two or three at a time need to be brought in so that they're all not having to learn on the fly
Good point and the Flyers are probably better off not rushing them in anyway...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and the Flyers are probably better off not rushing them in anyway...

One thing I forgot to add in that last post is that the Flyers are a middling team - they're not bad enough to where the talent level is diluted and they can put their top young players in the lineup right away but they're not a great enough team to be able to put them on the 3rd/4th lines right away and let them develop

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Hexy has something up his sleeve and at some point in the season, these guys will be up - no worries

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Hexy has something up his sleeve and at some point in the season, these guys will be up - no worries
Ghost was definitely contributing offensively but with Medvedev playing well why rush him?

B. Schenn seems to be scoring maybe they just want to motivate him? I think he could have a decent year if they give him a shot.

I'm a little worried about Laughton I was hoping he'd follow in Richards footsteps without the frat parties of course. I guess there's still time.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles get in the win column

And this also happened today:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My observation of Gudas watching him in the past and playing the other night is he sucks and Schenn is a better player and should be playing over him
My observation of Hagg watching him in the World Juniors and the other night is he is way overrated defensively and our other young D should be ahead of him on our minors defense rankings.

I'm sure there are some out there who think otherwise im just saying this is my opinion.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw a tweet that hextall said Neuvy should be good to go tomorrow, Raffl and Couturier should be good by the regular season. Read was just a Charlie horse
I'm glad the injuries aren't serious but I cant believe the refs missed the slew foot on Nash to Voracek.