• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but your opinion was in the minority after Laughton's last year in Junior and that includes the media hacks. I also think a 3rd line center on a Cup winning team needs to be able to contribute offensively, in the 30-40 point range at least. I see nothing in Laughton's play that leads me to believe he can do that at the NHL level, so I do think he'd be better served attempting to improve his offensive play in the AHL rather than being stuck in a defensive role on the 4th line in the NHL with little chance of improving his offensive output. Bust for me means his ceiling is as a 4th line player. If that IS his ceiling, the Flyers would have been better off trading him early last season when his trade value was at a high, which is what I was arguing at the time. His value has done nothing but drop since then.

It almost looks like he is trying to do things at the NHL level that he gets away with at the lesser levels. I believe he has the natural talent to be a 3rd line Center but at some point he needs to hone those skills for the NHL game. I remember Rafll in his 1st year. I did not think he was a legitimate 20 goal scorer. He has refined his game and is a complete player. Until Laughton does the same, he is wasted space.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter was picked up by the Wild. Not a big loss but he was decent depth.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I liked his style of play. My question to the Wild picking him up is how is he good enough to play for a good team like the Wild but not good enough to play for us?

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit I liked his style of play. My question to the Wild picking him up is how is he good enough to play for a good team like the Wild but not good enough to play for us?
Because we carry so much dead weight we don't have the luxury of keeping good players.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching our pathetic 3-3 OT play I am no longer sure if that will be better than the SO for us.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's unfortunate - he would have been a good depth player for this team

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! I'm back in full swing. What's new? Did we learn anything from preseason? I'm shocked that Gost was sent down and not on the big club roster.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! I'm back in full swing. What's new? Did we learn anything from preseason? I'm shocked that Gost was sent down and not on the big club roster.

nah, didn't learn anything we didn't already know I think. got a taste of what konecny and ghost could be capable of in the future which is exciting.

it's just going to be a patient year. I think there will be times this season we'll need to pay more attention to the phantoms, wheat kings, 67s, and hitmen than we do the flyers!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, didn't learn anything we didn't already know I think. got a taste of what konecny and ghost could be capable of in the future which is exciting.

it's just going to be a patient year. I think there will be times this season we'll need to pay more attention to the phantoms, wheat kings, 67s, and hitmen than we do the flyers!
Do the Phantoms travel to Rochester this year? I may head to a game at my old hometown down I90.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Phantoms travel to Rochester this year? I may head to a game at my old hometown down I90.

I would think so. The AHL is split East/West this year with most teams essentially being on the coast. Not sure the Phantoms play any western conference teams during the regular season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so. The AHL is split East/West this year with most teams essentially being on the coast. Not sure the Phantoms play any western conference teams during the regular season.

March 16th it looks like. Wow looks like they basically just play their division over and over again haha

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we've learned that the offense can be one of the best because of their top end talent and the new philosophy and style that Dave Hakstol has

We've also learned that the Flyers defense is still a work in progress so the offense will have to bail them out on some nights

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost looks like he is trying to do things at the NHL level that he gets away with at the lesser levels. I believe he has the natural talent to be a 3rd line Center but at some point he needs to hone those skills for the NHL game. I remember Rafll in his 1st year. I did not think he was a legitimate 20 goal scorer. He has refined his game and is a complete player. Until Laughton does the same, he is wasted space.

Definitely - that's why he needs more time in the AHL. He's not the type of player who has shown the ability to make quick adjustments to his game. He needs needs to work hard at it and be given the time to develop properly if it's going to happen at all. I think he'll be the one sent down rather than expose Manning to waivers if they are unable to move a d-man.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely - that's why he needs more time in the AHL. He's not the type of player who has shown the ability to make quick adjustments to his game. He needs needs to work hard at it and be given the time to develop properly if it's going to happen at all. I think he'll be the one sent down rather than expose Manning to waivers if they are unable to move a d-man.

Yep this is what will most likely happen - Brandon Manning is cheap and is a good depth d-man which is more important right now