• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickell waived yesterday, Nikitin waived today. Maybe Vinny tomorrow

Pretty sure Vinny can't be waived due to his NMC. And Chy is right, even if they could it would only save $925k against the cap.

AMac, L Schenn or Gagne could be waived, though. I could see L Schenn being claimed on waivers. Less likely Gagne. AMac would definitely clear.

Last edited:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Former Phantoms/ Flyers forward Jason Akeson was placed on waivers by the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday. He cleared on Sunday and was assigned to the AHL's Rochester Americans."

Wow, if you can't make the Sabers...

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the A Mac BS, I cant find the article I read but it listed our D pairings.

Striet - Schultz
Manning - DelZotto
Medvedev - Gudas
Schenn

It may be a long season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some good depth players on this list

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My excitement from today's news may get us to 5,000 posts by the end of business:hammer::llama::rockon:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My excitement from today's news may get us to 5,000 posts by the end of business:hammer::llama::rockon:
A step in the right direction as far as im concerned. I just cant believe how that contract ever got offered in the first place.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
I am a little surprised but don't really watch the Dolphins. I was listening to ESPN this morning and they were discussing it. They said the team looked like they were going through the motions. When that happens, it's on the Coach. The have brought in too much talent for that to happen. I still think it's a quick trigger.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised but don't really watch the Dolphins. I was listening to ESPN this morning and they were discussing it. They said the team looked like they were going through the motions. When that happens, it's on the Coach. The have brought in too much talent for that to happen. I still think it's a quick trigger.

Yeah the coach definitely does have something to do with that but their defense has really struggled - they've only had one or two sacks all year and that group should be way better - offensively they haven't been very good either so really the whole team has struggled

I don't think it's a quick trigger, if anything they should have done it sooner

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the coach definitely does have something to do with that but their defense has really struggled - they've only had one or two sacks all year and that group should be way better - offensively they haven't been very good either so really the whole team has struggled

Agreed Cobie they gave him 4 years to turn things around so it's been long enough as they are regressing this year with more talent. He's a nice guy but had to go. Coyle should have went first I could have lived with that but apparently Philbin wouldn't can him so he went too.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Dolphins fan, Philbin should have been fired after last season. He casts off anyone that speaks up leaving the team desperately in need of vocal leaders. Also, Miami was in a play-off spot the last two years going into December only to finish 1-4 vs division opponents and knocked out of the play-offs both times.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Cobie they gave him 4 years to turn things around so it's been long enough as they are regressing this year with more talent. He's a nice guy but had to go. Coyle should have went first I could have lived with that but apparently Philbin wouldn't can him so he went too.

Do they give Bill Lazor the head coaching gig for now? He's from Chip Kelly's tree so it would be interesting to see how they would fare if he got the chance

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Dolphins fan, Philbin should have been fired after last season. He casts off anyone that speaks up leaving the team desperately in need of vocal leaders. Also, Miami was in a play-off spot the last two years going into December only to finish 1-4 vs division opponents and knocked out of the play-offs both times.

Maybe Suh will be a leader? But he has to perform on the field too

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they give Bill Lazor the head coaching gig for now? He's from Chip Kelly's tree so it would be interesting to see how they would fare if he got the chance
I believe that they think he doesn't have enough experience so it's looking like Dan Cambell will be the interim coach. Lazor is also not completely at fault unless Philbin was always overriding his calls...some were just atrocious in certain situations. They also gave up on the run in every game....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agreed he simply didn't get it done...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Suh will be a leader? But he has to perform on the field too
He's actually playing ok it's the rest of the guys not taking advantage of the 1 on 1's. It's truly insane to see....

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that they think he doesn't have enough experience so it's looking like Dan Cambell will be the interim coach. Lazor is also not completely at fault unless Philbin was always overriding his calls...some were just atrocious in certain situations. They also gave up on the run in every game....

I wonder if part of giving up on the run had to do with the defense not playing up to potential and them having to throw the ball late in games to come back - they were down big yesterday which forced them to throw more

If the defense was playing like their potential said they would, the offense probably COULD run the ball more

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually playing ok it's the rest of the guys not taking advantage of the 1 on 1's. It's truly insane to see....

I was hearing things early in the season about him ignoring the coaching staff, I'm not sure how true that really was though

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if part of giving up on the run had to do with the defense not playing up to potential and them having to throw the ball late in games to come back - they were down big yesterday which forced them to throw more

If the defense was playing like their potential said they would, the offense probably COULD run the ball more
Partially but they don't even start the game running they put too much pressure on a weak line and the D has to keep getting thrown out there...it's just a bad formula.