• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did everyone like the new 3 on 3 OT?
My 1st thought was what if there is a penalty. B. Schenn quickly answered that for me. I think I will like it when G and Jake are in the line up. Everyone just looked confused last night.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Konecky was the closest of the 3. Since Hexy did not think they would be in the NHL he wants to give the playing time to those who he feels has a shot. Without Provonov and Sanheim, the other guys, Ghost, Morin and Hagg will get more ice time. I really cant fault the move.

Yep

And it shows too that Ghost is the closest of the d-men to being in the NHL - I'm not sure if he makes the team but I definitely think he'll be the first to come up at some point during the season

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers reduce training camp roster by 23 players

The following players under NHL contracts were loaned to the Flyers’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms:

RW Brandon Alderson
D Mark Alt
C Cole Bardreau
LW Tyrell Goulbourne
D Maxim Lamarche
LW Taylor Leier
LW Danick Martel
RW Derek Mathers
D Sam Morin
D Jesper Pettersson
G Anthony Stolarz
RW Petr Straka

Hagg and Gostisbehere remain.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet Morin was sent down. I am a little surprised he did not last longer.

I can understand wanting to be patient with Morin, but keeping Hagg up too seems a bit strange. I don't expect any of them to make the Flyers out of camp. They'll be sent down within the week if I had to guess.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand wanting to be patient with Morin, but keeping Hagg up too seems a bit strange. I don't expect any of them to make the Flyers out of camp. They'll be sent down within the week if I had to guess.

They need players who can play at least in the preseason - they're not going to play all the regulars in every game so even if those guys do get sent down in the next week, they're still going to play a few more games because of certain guys sitting out

Also the junior seasons start up soon so those guys have to be sent back if they're going to start the season with those teams

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need players who can play at least in the preseason - they're not going to play all the regulars in every game so even if those guys do get sent down in the next week, they're still going to play a few more games because of certain guys sitting out

Also the junior seasons start up soon so those guys have to be sent back if they're going to start the season with those teams

Just surprises me that Hakstol/Hextall might seem to prefer plugging in Hagg into the final preseason games instead of Morin.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just surprises me that Hakstol/Hextall might seem to prefer plugging in Hagg into the final preseason games instead of Morin.

Maybe they feel Samuel Morin is more of a project and the only way they're calling him up is if he's completely ready? Robert Hagg might be more of a call-up for a few games and they just want to see how he does with this team if they needed to call him up

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they feel Samuel Morin is more of a project and the only way they're calling him up is if he's completely ready? Robert Hagg might be more of a call-up for a few games and they just want to see how he does with this team if they needed to call him up

That's possible. Morin is really the most delicate guy we have in terms of development. I'd rather not move him around

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible. Morin is really the most delicate guy we have in terms of development. I'd rather not move him around

I think it goes with the theme of sending the other main guys back to junior - they have a plan with those guys

Probably not too much needs to be read into this, Ghost does seem like the most ready because of his power play skills and his experience while Robert Hagg is the steady d-man that can fill in for a few games and not be out of place

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Flyers have too many defensive defensemen at the moment. Morin's time will come next season, probably.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is Morin doesn't really fit the mold Hakstol is trying to shoot for. The other 4 do. I think Morin still has a ways to go before he makes the team. Additionally, like JBM said, they're pretty loaded with defensive guys already (Schenn, Schultz, Gudas, Macdonald). I'm sure that's 2 or 3 more than Hak wants to play with.

I've never really been all that excited or sold on Morin. His pick still seems 'old flyers' to me. Refusing to adapt to today's speed game and preferring size over hockey skill. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he's probably barely in the top 10 of guys I'm excited about. That being said, defensive defensemen usually take the longest to develop.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of it is Morin doesn't really fit the mold Hakstol is trying to shoot for. The other 4 do. I think Morin still has a ways to go before he makes the team. Additionally, like JBM said, they're pretty loaded with defensive guys already (Schenn, Schultz, Gudas, Macdonald). I'm sure that's 2 or 3 more than Hak wants to play with.

I've never really been all that excited or sold on Morin. His pick still seems 'old flyers' to me. Refusing to adapt to today's speed game and preferring size over hockey skill. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but he's probably barely in the top 10 of guys I'm excited about. That being said, defensive defensemen usually take the longest to develop.

His size is tempting though and he probably is more of a project but that's what is nice about having so many young talented defensemen, they compete against each other and I do think that will make him better

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed to see Morin sent down already but you guys are probably right they have a lot of stay at home guys. If he ends up anything like Chara he'll be important down the road...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed to see Morin sent down already but you guys are probably right they have a lot of stay at home guys. If he ends up anything like Chara he'll be important down the road...
I'm praying that he ends up like a Chara lite.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm praying that he ends up like a Chara lite.
So are the Flyers he just needs to work on the little things he'll get lots of ice in the ahl...

On another note how's Laughton doing? I'm still wondering if Matta should have been their pick back then unless he comes around huge...

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the Chara comparison the other day. He did take a while to develop into the dominating player he became. Morin needs to play at least a year of AHL hockey where he learns that he will not dominate on size and being aggressive only. Not a knock against his as he had to play Jrs. last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Flyers he just needs to work on the little things he'll get lots of ice in the ahl...

On another note how's Laughton doing? I'm still wondering if Matta should have been their pick back then unless he comes around huge...
Laughton didn't play well at all against the Rags the other night but that is just a one game sample.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about the Chara comparison the other day. He did take a while to develop into the dominating player he became. Morin needs to play at least a year of AHL hockey where he learns that he will not dominate on size and being aggressive only. Not a knock against his as he had to play Jrs. last year.
Other teams have a guy that they draft and he is in the pros instantly and is a big contributor the same year. Why doesn't that ever happen to us?