• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him Ghost and Morin up I'm dying to see these guys contribute. I know its tough but I hope Hexy can pull something off and get our future going now.
Have you watched Hext being interviewed by Sarah Baiker and others in regard to his theory about developing the young guys? He is spot on how he wants to develop these kids and make sure they are ready for the next jump. It makes me wonder if we had Hexy years ago as the GM, if some of our current players would actually be playing with the big club?
Edit: Nevermind, I was basically thinking of the Schenns' brothers in particular. JVR went from college to the big club.. Not sure what I was thinking. Anyway, I love the focus and importance of Hextall's view on developing young prospects we have.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched Hext being interviewed by Sarah Baiker and others in regard to his theory about developing the young guys? He is spot on how he wants to develop these kids and make sure they are ready for the next jump. It makes me wonder if we had Hexy years ago as the GM, if some of our current players would actually be playing with the big club?
Edit: Nevermind, I was basically thinking of the Schenns' brothers in particular. JVR went from college to the big club.. Not sure what I was thinking. Anyway, I love the focus and importance of Hextall's view on developing young prospects we have.
I like his patience also but the three guys I mentioned are ready for the pro's there's no doubt in my mind. If you want to be cautious with Sanheim I could see that but Provorov Ghost and Morin are ready.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his patience also but the three guys I mentioned are ready for the pro's there's no doubt in my mind. If you want to be cautious with Sanheim I could see that but Provorov Ghost and Morin are ready.
I tend to agree with you here. That being said, would you wait to bring these guys in after another year of seasoning in the minors until we can trade or let there current contracts expire, then bring them up? A Mac will be impossible to unload and I get that, but Luke Schenn, although I'd keep him, could be valuable in a trade.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the pairings have been:

Sanheim - Provorov
Ghost - Morin

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't let a day go by without a post!

go flyers.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get out to a good start I will have high hopes. If we start out like we did the last two years ill be pissed as i'm sure everyone here would be.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get out to a good start I will have high hopes. If we start out like we did the last two years ill be pissed as i'm sure everyone here would be.

Eh, quite frankly my expectations for this team aren't very high this season. My wish list includes giving at least a couple of the young d-men some NHL playing time by the 2nd half of the season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, quite frankly my expectations for this team aren't very high this season. My wish list includes giving at least a couple of the young d-men some NHL playing time by the 2nd half of the season.

I agree with this

I'd like to see them do well but even with a new coach here, it's going to take a year or so to get rid of the dead wood from this previous regime - there are still skid marks on this roster and if anyone thinks those players are going to improve, I have something to sell you

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Carcillo called it quits officially today - he wasn't perfect in his time with the Flyers, he did some stupid things(and did some real good things too) but I give him so much credit and respect for his honesty and him wanting to make other lives better now that he's stepping away from the game

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the young D idea and I am always optimistic as the season starts that we can compete for the cup and most times as the season goes on I come to my senses. So for right now I am highly optimistic.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Hockey players are tough;
2. Most Hockey players play through injuries that would disable the toughest of tough;

This being said, when is enough -enough. If an injury is so bad that you suck, and yes he sucked last year, would it no be better to take care of it then and not hurt your team for the whole year? I understand not wanting to sit out for an extended period of time but in this instance it hurt the team. I give him credit for trying to play through it, but we would have been better with some short term cap space with him on LTIR v. the ability he showed last year.