• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 5,000 Posts for a Flyers Stanley Cup in 2016 Thread!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it.. Elliott..lol.. Swift never reponded either.. Haha. Cardale never heard back from Rousey either.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've somehow managed to not lose my mind over how close Flyers hockey is. Preseason starts tomorrow. Going to be awesome.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hockey players are tough;
2. Most Hockey players play through injuries that would disable the toughest of tough;

This being said, when is enough -enough. If an injury is so bad that you suck, and yes he sucked last year, would it no be better to take care of it then and not hurt your team for the whole year? I understand not wanting to sit out for an extended period of time but in this instance it hurt the team. I give him credit for trying to play through it, but we would have been better with some short term cap space with him on LTIR v. the ability he showed last year.
This is so true, when your hurting the team its time to sit and get healed.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say the Rams aren't missing Bradford one bit.

How about that loss to the Redskins yesterday?

It's not all Sam Bradford's fault that the offensive line has become an abortion

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that loss to the Redskins yesterday?

It's not all Sam Bradford's fault that the offensive line has become an abortion

Even when he has time, he hasn't been very good. Even with the loss to the Redskins, Foles is showing himself to be a leader. That's something the Rams have missed for a long time.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when he has time, he hasn't been very good. Even with the loss to the Redskins, Foles is showing himself to be a leader. That's something the Rams have missed for a long time.
:agree::suds:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right ill pat myself on the back for this.:lol:
And for tonight? Lots of young guys in the line-up (and Mason).
I really want to see what Medvedev - Provanov looks like.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for tonight? Lots of young guys in the line-up (and Mason).
I really want to see what Medvedev - Provanov looks like.
Im going to have to go with a 6-5 win hopefully I am right again.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

FLYERS MAKE FIRST ROSTER CUTS

Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol made his first preseason roster cuts on Tuesday. The team made four cuts. The Flyers currently have 58 players remaining on their training camp roster.

1) 2014 second-round pick Nicolas Aube-Kubel has been reassigned to the QMJHL's Val-d'Or Foreurs. Aube-Kubel, who registered a nice assist in the Brooklyn half of Monday's split-squad games, got off to fast start to the QMJHL regular season prior to the start of Flyers' rookie camp. The winger has two goals and five points over his first two games this season. Aube-Kubel, who is under NHL entry-level contract, will have year one of the deal slide for another year and will not count against the NHL-mandated 50-contract limit this season.

2) 2015 fourth-round pick Samuel Dove-McFalls was reassigned to the QMJHL's St. John Seadogs. The big checking center has played one regular-season game in the Q this season, recording one assist, a fight and a boarding minor. Dove-McFalls is not currently under entry-level contract but the Flyers have nearly two years to evaluate and make a signing decision on the just-drafted player.

3) Eighteen-year-old defenseman Philippe Myers, who was signed on Monday to an entry-level NHL contract after reporting to rookie camp as an undrafted amateur tryout player, was reassigned to the QMJHL's Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. A huge-framed (6-foot-5) but still raw and skinny defensive defenseman with some puck-moving upside and good mobility, Myers has dressed in two regular season games for the Huskies this season prior to camp. Signing him to an ELC was the only way the Flyers could establish NHL rights to the player. Otherwise, he would have gone back in the NHL Draft next June. As with Aube-Kubel, Myers contract will not count against the team's 50-contract maximum. He is also slide-rule eligible for the 2016-17 season.

4) Amateur tryout forward Luke Philp was not offered a contract and was released from his ATO. The soon-to-be 20-year-old will rejoin the WHL's Kootenay Ice for what amounts to an overager season. Philp, who looked good at Development Camp in July to earn the tryout invite, had 30 goals and 82 points in the WHL last season; his third full WHL season.

The Flyers have a complete off-day scheduled for Wednesday. Hakstol indicated after Tuesday's morning skate that there would be some roster cuts coming on the off-day.