• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NFL can't even figure out their own damn penalties how can this be fixed?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, you don't have have all the information. Within a second of that photo being taken, Clay Mathews touched an NFL quarterback.

Can't do that.
I didn't think he got flagged for late hit though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference in losing a game or 2 in baseball, and getting a tie against a divisional opponent in a 16 game season, when head-to-head tie breakers come into play.

NFL really needs to get this right. So far they haven't.

Well I hate to tell you but they won't.

They do better than ever and sure, now with fans having HD replay in multiple angles we get to see all of them 100 times better than the refs ever will.

I guess if you want to get it right 100% of the time, you'd need to eliminate the hitting and go to wearing flags that are impossible to not determine when they were removed.

Honestly I'll take the flawed game we have now that is impossible to enforce 100% of the time perfectly.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do better than ever and sure, now with fans having HD replay in multiple angles we get to see all of them 100 times better than the refs ever will.

I guess if you want to get it right 100% of the time, you'd need to eliminate the hitting and go to wearing flags that are impossible to not determine when they were removed.

Honestly I'll take the flawed game we have now that is impossible to enforce 100% of the time perfectly.
Curious.
Are you related to one of these Refs or something? :scratch:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious.
Are you related to one of these Refs or something? :scratch:

No, it's just never been possible. That's all I am saying. If you want a perfectly called game... Play Madden.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth of the matter is, I don't feel bad for GB fans. This is what they asked for with all their crying since last fall.

I just hate the rule, is all. We've been flagged twice for it already.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's just never been possible. That's all I am saying. If you want a perfectly called game... Play Madden.
but I think the point here. How often this bad call is happening. Also feels like you are saying no one should bitch about a bad call. But more importantly even if a team, a fan or whoever wanted to move on from the call. the fact the NFL stepped up & said it isnt a bad call is the most concerning part & is very worthy of conversation.

That would be like the one time a pitcher was pitching a no hitter (or perfect game dont remember which) & the official got the call wrong at 1st base (by a lot) which would have been the final out. ruining the no hitter/perfect game. Then baseball saying no the call was right. (which they didnt) That would have been worthy of an undying conversation, until baseball corrected itself.

Refs make mistakes but when backed up by ignorance of the NFL to save face. I hope the conversation goes on until they feel the pressure to fix the problem.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you possible use the Matthews video on what not to do when he did everything perfect... The greatest sport on earth is being rapped by these rich @E$^@# ...

I'm going to assume you meant to say fuckers

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I think the point here. How often this bad call is happening. Also feels like you are saying no one should bitch about a bad call. But more importantly even if a team, a fan or whoever wanted to move on from the call. the fact the NFL stepped up & said it isnt a bad call is the most concerning part & is very worthy of conversation.

That would be like the one time a pitcher was pitching a no hitter (or perfect game dont remember which) & the official got the call wrong at 1st base (by a lot) which would have been the final out. ruining the no hitter/perfect game. Then baseball saying no the call was right. (which they didnt) That would have been worthy of an undying conversation, until baseball corrected itself.

Refs make mistakes but when backed up by ignorance of the NFL to save face. I hope the conversation goes on until they feel the pressure to fix the problem.

How often is it? It's literally the 2nd week of them using these calls in real games.

I'm fine with the conversation, I was just pointing out the one difference between the videos. The guy on Brady releases him and slides over him to hit the ground, the guy on Cousins doesn't.

Meh, to me they are right on the border, could be a call could be let go. I definitely wouldn't use them as training, unless that letting go and attempting to not put all your weight on the QB is what they want people to see and try.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth of the matter is, I don't feel bad for GB fans. This is what they asked for with all their crying since last fall.

:lebowski2:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often is it? It's literally the 2nd week of them using these calls in real games.

I'm fine with the conversation, I was just pointing out the one difference between the videos. The guy on Brady releases him and slides over him to hit the ground, the guy on Cousins doesn't.

Meh, to me they are right on the border, could be a call could be let go. I definitely wouldn't use them as training, unless that letting go and attempting to not put all your weight on the QB is what they want people to see and try.
I would say a shitload in the 1st two weeks that shouldnt be a penalty. I would say the rule needs to be fixed, but to be honest it isnt in the wording of the rules. So the perception of why the refs are flagging it needs to be fixed. Which cant happen if the NFL denies there is a problem. There is no intent to harm a QB in over half the calls so far in the 1st two weeks.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a shitload in the 1st two weeks that shouldnt be a penalty. I would say the rule needs to be fixed, but to be honest it isnt in the wording of the rules. So the perception of why the refs are flagging it needs to be fixed. Which cant happen if the NFL denies there is a problem. There is no intent to harm a QB in over half the calls so far in the 1st two weeks.

Well that's the joy of us having slo mo replays from any angle. And it depends on your view of the wording "unnecessarily or violently throw him down and on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight"

Was it unnecessary to continue holding onto him all the way to the ground? Was that most of his weight?

I agree it's something I don't like.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was awful, but I'm almost numb to the terrible officiating in the league at this point. I thought maybe getting rid of some of the geriatrics and retards like Jeff Triplette and Gene Steratore at the head official position would help. No dice so far this year.

On the plus side the catch rule is being handled better now. But you know the NFL. Fix one thing and fuck up two others.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ways to fix it sucks. NFL isn't going to let it's QB's keep getting hurt. That's the reason fans watch games.

I'd be for the possibility of a replay there. Sent it to NY. But you are still making it a play where it comes down to subjectivity. I'd like that to be gone in as many places as they can. Like the old 5 vs. 15 yard facemasks. Took out subjectivity and made them all the same. That to me is the way to go. We are talking about determining necessary intent on two big athletes in something that takes a second to occur.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the good news is. The refs arent playing favorites. They are consistently fucking up calls on both sides. Which is fair(ish)

Concerning part is the NFL's response.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems to me this was the NFL looking to do this I have not seen any Rodgers quote or Packer fans petitioning the NFL for any type of rule change. Maybe you have seen some of this with Rodgers complaining or Packer fans saying we need more protective rules for the QB. I am guessing you have? If so maybe you could find some of this happening when Rodgers was hurt last year.

The real facts are it has to do with the concussion problems but teams fans that have to play against Rodgers or Brady want to put it on them or those teams fans to make themselves feel better somehow

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don't know how D line coach don't start teaching go for hands or get in a QB face not sacks. Especially under two mins in the 4th. :dhd:

But it would be funny to watch 300 pound linemen getting through the line than throwing there hands in the air while maybe jumping up and down to block the QB view as they do everything in their power to not touch the QB.

But we all know that means QB will just start throwing themselves into linemen to get the flag as linemen try to dodge the QB. The new NFL :heh::heh:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. Dunno if it was on this thread, but someone mentioned the "almost identical hits" on some dude and Brady, Sunday past. TBH, both tackles were not worthy of a flag, but The Vikes QB did get the RPP. The inconsistency in reffing could very well destroy the game. Get it together zebras, at least be consistent.

Last edited:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, pass rushers should probably just go for the ball when they get near the quarterback. Try to grab it or swat it out of his hand. That's pretty much all they can do

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call was awful, but I'm almost numb to the terrible officiating in the league at this point. I thought maybe getting rid of some of the geriatrics and retards like Jeff Triplette and Gene Steratore at the head official position would help. No dice so far this year.

On the plus side the catch rule is being handled better now. But you know the NFL. Fix one thing and fuck up two others.

Don't blame this in the officials, they made the right call by the letter of the rule. It's the damn rule. After reading the rules it seems the only thing a defender can do as it relates to the QB is, run at him head cocked back as far as he can eyes facing the sun, arms raised in the air as if waiting for the second coming of Christ then run into the QB and hope he falls.