• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lions are going backwards

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Free Press reports free agent QB Dan Orlovsky is believed to be at the top of the Lions' wish list for No. 2 duties.

Fire Mayhew.

I don't think he lasts 2 more years. Other than the signing of Tate, this off season has been a terrible embarrassment.

This latest news is just icing on the cake.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Detroit Free Press reports free agent QB Dan Orlovsky is believed to be at the top of the Lions' wish list for No. 2 duties.

Fire Mayhew.

I don't think he lasts 2 more years. Other than the signing of Tate, this off season has been a terrible embarrassment.

Shaun Hill wanted the chance to start. He will get that in St. Louis.

After that it doesn't matter who our backup QB is. If Stafford goes down, the Lions are once again looking at a top 5 draft pick. Save money on the backup that you can later use at another position.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Hill wanted the chance to start. He will get that in St. Louis.

After that it doesn't matter who our backup QB is. If Stafford goes down, the Lions are once again looking at a top 5 draft pick. Save money on the backup that you can later use at another position.

People are always saying that. But "Stafford going down" doesn't mean down for the year. He could have a minor injury that sidelines him for a few weeks. I personally would like a capable backup to help us possibly win a couple of those games, not one that needs Metamucil or runs out of the endzone.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are always saying that. But "Stafford going down" doesn't mean down for the year. He could have a minor injury that sidelines him for a few weeks. I personally would like a capable backup to help us possibly win a couple of those games, not one that needs Metamucil or runs out of the endzone.

Hey kid, what is wrong with Metamucil?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fire Mayhew.

It has nothing to do with Mayhew. Caldwell liked him when they were both in Indy. Feels comfortable with him running his system.

I don't share that confidence, but it is what it is. We have no money to spend anyway. Just means we draft a kicker late instead of a backup QB.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this time he will run out of the other teams end zone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kicker do you want the Lions to draft OL? I don't see any need to draft a position just to do it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kicker do you want the Lions to draft OL? I don't see any need to draft a position just to do it.

Chris Boswell and Cairo Santos. Boswell is still raw but has a big leg. Santos is more accurate but would be no help making tackles if he does the kickoffs. My guess Martin will do them though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "raw" do you mean innacurate? Im not sure Id want us spending a draft pick on a kid that missed 1/3 of his attempts last year. (They were all 40+ misses, but still.). Im not sure there is a kicker available that will make a roster.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we pick up someone before the draft. Bironas is still out there. Might make more sense. We already picked up a kid in FA already yesterday.

I would be surprised if a team does not draft Santos. He is the most NFL ready. I can understand everyone passing on Boswell and the others.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

Looks like we weren't going backwards this offseason after all...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

Good luck with the rest of your personal vengeance day, TP.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, much appreciated.

Some of you guys talk a lot of smack and act very sure of a lot of things, while simultaneously trashing those of us who don't share your opinions. Funny thing is that when you put those statements in print they don't go away and can end up proving you very wrong once the season unfolds...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should add some good depth.

If he comes at the right price.

Worth taking a look.

Can't hurt to kick the tires.

We can always place him on the practice squad.

:whistle:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should add some good depth.

If he comes at the right price.

Worth taking a look.

Can't hurt to kick the tires.

We can always place him on the practice squad.

:whistle:

Your point being? I'm not sure what the connection is between talking about free agent players and proclaiming that the Lions are going backwards. You realists are horrible at staying on topic. It would seem that actual reality frightens you, so you just change the subject instead...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point being? I'm not sure what the connection is between talking about free agent players and proclaiming that the Lions are going backwards. You realists are horrible at staying on topic. It would seem that actual reality frightens you, so you just change the subject instead...

I think I nailed this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Smitty for being dead on about the kickers, although I thought Tavecchio would make it though. Surprised no one else gave him a chance. The top kickers in the draft bombed. A lot of no names made teams surprisingly.