• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Knicks/Oakley feud is staged

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has zero storylines other then waiting for Warriors and Cavs and June to get here. Once June gets here and they have their finals they've been waiting for at year for, the NBA will own the airwaves for a week or so while the Finals play out.

But other then that, this league is just waiting.

Just waiting....while they count their record revenues from TV viewers and attendance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got 73-9, you're up 3-1 in the Finals (should have been 2x champs) and you go out and sign the biggest free agent? Ridiculous.

But this is AAU ball just creeping up into the NBA world.

I understand your point.

But, Teams like the Warriors and Cavs are in it for chips, not participation ribbons.

The Warriors lost. So, they came back stronger.

Oh yeah, a person has the right to choose where he lives and works.

That's why we live in America.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a clown comment
Tell me some exhilarating NBA storylines besides everyone waiting around for the Warriors/Cavs Finals to start?

Oh let me guess they are....

-Can the old time Spurs get another one (no, see Golden State)
-Can Phil Jackson right the ship in New York with Melo?
-Can the Celtics knock off the Cavaliers (No, cant beat them in a 7 game seris)
-Will Harden or Westbrook win MVP? (Who cares, neither team is going to Finals, see Golden State)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is go to get better. But the league should limit the amount of superstars a franchise should get. I don't know what the CBA deal is, but does it matter? Now a days the stars shoe contracts are so large that that is where their real money comes in. What is to keep a player from taking a giant pay cut and joining forces with the Warriors or Cavaliers moving forward just to get a "ring"?

I don't know where it all went wrong. I guess it started when everyone started comparing LeBron to Jordan and the amount of rings means the size of the legacy you leave that has all these players joining forces to try and get a "ring". Rings are better when they are earned and not purchased.

So like the Warriors ring from 2015? Or the one they shoulda had last year if Kyrie misses that shot?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't it have happened? Why didn't it need to happen. The only big contracts they had were Klay and Dray and those contracts now look like steals with the new tv contract. Steph is on a 4 yr/44 deal.

Why didn't it need to happen? Is your goal as an organization not to improve your team from the previous season?

This ^

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waiting....while they count their record revenues from TV viewers and attendance.
Not sure they are going to have record revenue and viewership this season until the Finals start. The Finals might top ratings, but that is because it's the great event that everyone has waited all year for. The rubberneck match between Warriors/Cavs.

Cant imagine too many people are super excited to see a bunch of 2nd tier teams battle it out for who will come in 3rd.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at some people.

"I been an NBA fan all my life but with these mega teams, the same team is winning every year so I don't like the NBA anymore."

Fails to remember the Chicago Bulls winning 6 NBA titles in 8 years in the 90s.

Fails to remember that every single NBA Finals in the 80s had the Lakers, Celtics, or both competing in it.

Fails to remember that from 1999 to 2003, the NBA Champion was either the Lakers or the Spurs.

Fails to remember that only once between the years of 1999-2010, did someone other than the Lakers or Spurs represented the West in the Finals.

The only reason these people are pissed off about these mega teams is because it's not their favorite teams or players dominating the league now.

They were Magic fans or Bird fans or Kobe fans or Jordan fans so it was fine and dandy for those guys to be on teams winning it every year. But, they don't like Curry or they don't like LeBron or they don't like the Warriors so now, all of a sudden, they hate the NBA because the same team is winning it every year.

OP of this thread is not the first one to act like this either.

What is it with these people? Short-term memory loss? Or just another product of the whiny participation-trophy entitlement syndrome our society has become?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they are going to have record revenue and viewership this season until the Finals start. The Finals might top ratings, but that is because it's the great event that everyone has waited all year for. The rubberneck match between Warriors/Cavs.

Cant imagine too many people are super excited to see a bunch of 2nd tier teams battle it out for who will come in 3rd.

Can you get me Phil Knights autograph?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at some people.

"I been an NBA fan all my life but with these mega teams, the same team is winning every year so I don't like the NBA anymore."

Fails to remember the Chicago Bulls winning 6 NBA titles in 8 years in the 90s.

Fails to remember that every single NBA Finals in the 80s had the Lakers, Celtics, or both competing in it.

Fails to remember that from 1999 to 2003, the NBA Champion was either the Lakers or the Spurs.

Fails to remember that only once between the years of 1999-2010, did someone other than the Lakers or Spurs represented the West in the Finals.

The only reason these people are pissed off about these mega teams is because it's not their favorite teams or players dominating the league now.

They were Magic fans or Bird fans or Kobe fans or Jordan fans so it was fine and dandy for those guys to be on teams winning it every year. But, they don't like Curry or they don't like LeBron or they don't like the Warriors so now, all of a sudden, they hate the NBA because the same team is winning it every year.

OP of this thread is not the first one to act like this either.

What is it with these people? Short-term memory loss? Or just another product of the whiny participation-trophy entitlement syndrome our society has become?
says a Spurs fan.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong again, it's already happening. Maybe you didn't see the news but they just signed a ridiculous TV contract.

You are projecting your own deal onto everyone else. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again, it's already happening. Maybe you didn't see the news but they just signed a ridiculous TV contract.

You are projecting your own deal onto everyone else. Just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Oh you mean a deal the NBA struck with TV partners. OK, that may have happened, but don't kid yourself the NBA isn't getting record TV Ratings for this season. Just sitting around waiting for June.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says a 50 year old Spurs fan who was rooting for them when they were 20-62!

Before David Robinson.
The last 20 years have been good to you. You were 30 the last time the Spurs were meaningless, almost as old as long as you've seen SA success.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me some exhilarating NBA storylines besides everyone waiting around for the Warriors/Cavs Finals to start?

-Will Harden or Westbrook win MVP? (Who cares, neither team is going to Finals, see Golden State)

A guy left on a Island to drown, has flourished and is averaging a triple double.

A Coach who they said will never get another job, has turned a selfish, ball hogging player into the assists leader and has that team top 3 in the West.

A guy who used to have to sing, dance and beg for a meal, is ascending to Super star status and will start in the Allstar game and he plays in small market Milwaukee.

A guy who was drafted #60 is a bona fide star and is second in the NBA in scoring...and he's 5'8.

We all should have trusted the process. Because, Embiid is for real.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cherry picking 101

:tsk:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is everything lines up for Golden State and Cleveland to be back at it in the Finals again next year. THIS IS FUN!!!!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy left on a Island to drown, has flourished and is averaging a triple double.

A Coach who they said will never get another job, has turned a selfish, ball hogging player into the assists leader and has that team top 3 in the West.

A guy who used to have to sing, dance and beg for a meal, is ascending to Super star status and will start in the Allstar game and he plays in small market Milwaukee.

A guy who was drafted #60 is a bona fide star and is second in the NBA in scoring...and he's 5'8.

And at the end of the day, they all leave the season with pariticpation trophies.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 20 years have been good to you. You were 30 the last time the Spurs were meaningless, almost as old as long as you've seen SA success.

And?

Does that somehow prove I am wrong?

Does that somehow show that what I said about every era of the NBA having the same teams dominating that era not true?

Did the Bulls win 6 titles in 8 years or did I just make that up because I am a Spurs fan?

Did you bitch about the Bulls winning every year?

Did you bitch about the Lakers and Celtics owning the 80s?

Me being a Spurs fan has nothing to do with it!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuse me but Isaiah Thomas is 5-10 when wearing brand new sneakers.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you mean a deal the NBA struck with TV partners. OK, that may have happened, but don't kid yourself the NBA isn't getting record TV Ratings for this season. Just sitting around waiting for June.

That MAY have happened? M'kay. You have no idea how well the league is doing, because it doesn't fit your bias.