• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Knicks/Oakley feud is staged

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Oakley/Knicks deal is still front page news, and although the media may be trying to hype the OKC/Warriors game tonight due to KD returning to OKC. Does it matter who wins? No, because when it matters most in a 7 game series the Thunder aren't beating the Warriors.

Front page news where? Maybe just here in NYC. Go on every NBA website and everyone is talking about Warriors/Thunder tonight. You're making shit up

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I don't know if the blame lands on the NBA or letting a guy like LeBron basically be player/coach/GM/owner or if that blame falls on Cleveland Cavaliers for not having a set to tell LeBron no.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you saying the NBA is in great position, but I will agree with you regarding Warriors and their scouting. However, the Warriors became a mega team when they go 73-9 and then go and get the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA to join their team. That shouldn't have happened. It didn't need to happen.

Why shouldn't it have happened? Why didn't it need to happen. The only big contracts they had were Klay and Dray and those contracts now look like steals with the new tv contract. Steph is on a 4 yr/44 deal.

Why didn't it need to happen? Is your goal as an organization not to improve your team from the previous season?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front page news where? Maybe just here in NYC. Go on every NBA website and everyone is talking about Warriors/Thunder tonight. You're making shit up
Yeah they are talking about the OKC/Warriors game due to KD returning to OKC and its the NBA's biggest game of the night and they are trying to spike the ratings and market their product.

Again, entertaining game? Eh, maybe I tune in to hear if Thunder fans boo during the first 2 minutes of the game. But in the long run this game is pointless given that Thunder cant beat Warriors in a best of 7.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I don't know if the blame lands on the NBA or letting a guy like LeBron basically be player/coach/GM/owner or if that blame falls on Cleveland Cavaliers for not having a set to tell LeBron no.

Guess what?

They tell LeBron "no", and he tells Cleveland "no". They do not have a choice in his level of involvement.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't it have happened? Why didn't it need to happen. The only big contracts they had were Klay and Dray and those contracts now look like steals with the new tv contract. Steph is on a 4 yr/44 deal.

Why didn't it need to happen? Is your goal as an organization not to improve your team from the previous season?
you got 73-9, you're up 3-1 in the Finals (should have been 2x champs) and you go out and sign the biggest free agent? Ridiculous.

But this is AAU ball just creeping up into the NBA world.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess what?

They tell LeBron "no", and he tells Cleveland "no". They do not have a choice in his level of involvement.
And that is the problem. LeBron throws a fit and probably threatens to leave Cleveland the city he claims to love. But LeBron would have no problem leaving them if he didn't get his way.

Charles Barkley is correct.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got 73-9, you're up 3-1 in the Finals (should have been 2x champs) and you go out and sign the biggest free agent? Ridiculous.

But this is AAU ball just creeping up into the NBA world.

What is wrong with this again? Did you not watch the finals? They needed someone like KD to get easy baskets. All of Steph/Klay shots are usually very tough in a half court offense in a best of 7 series. I will ask again. Is your goal as an organization not to get better from the previous year? Yes or no. Answer the question

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has zero storylines other then waiting for Warriors and Cavs and June to get here. Once June gets here and they have their finals they've been waiting for at year for, the NBA will own the airwaves for a week or so while the Finals play out.

But other then that, this league is just waiting.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with this again? Did you not watch the finals? They needed someone like KD to get easy baskets. All of Steph/Klay shots are usually very tough in a half court offense in a best of 7 series. I will ask again. Is your goal as an organization not to get better from the previous year? Yes or no. Answer the question
I watched the Finals. They needed a guy to hit just one lay up and not get blocked by LeBron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is the problem. LeBron throws a fit and probably threatens to leave Cleveland the city he claims to love. But LeBron would have no problem leaving them if he didn't get his way.

Charles Barkley is correct.

Do you have any proof LeBron said was gonna leave the Cavs again?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is go to get better. But the league should limit the amount of superstars a franchise should get. I don't know what the CBA deal is, but does it matter? Now a days the stars shoe contracts are so large that that is where their real money comes in. What is to keep a player from taking a giant pay cut and joining forces with the Warriors or Cavaliers moving forward just to get a "ring"?

I don't know where it all went wrong. I guess it started when everyone started comparing LeBron to Jordan and the amount of rings means the size of the legacy you leave that has all these players joining forces to try and get a "ring". Rings are better when they are earned and not purchased.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great enjoy it all you want, its like reading a long paged chapter book when you already know the ending. It's Cavs vs Warriors this year, and a hell of a great chance it will be Warriors/Cavs next year as well.

Until the NBA does something about these All-Star mega teams, the NBA is going to be the least parity among the big 3 sports.

Did you hate the league in the Bulls dominated 90s or the Celtics Lakers 80s?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Oakley/Knicks deal is still front page news, and although the media may be trying to hype the OKC/Warriors game tonight due to KD returning to OKC. Does it matter who wins? No, because when it matters most in a 7 game series the Thunder aren't beating the Warriors.

Dude....you do realize that NYC is the media capital of the world, & where controversy/drama drives the headlines not only there but for many outside markets, right??
Maybe you just need to get out of Eugene once in a while.
Don't get me wrong..I like to visit there when driving up to Portland +/or Seattle...but after about 2 or 3 days..it's time to bolt...they're not exactly up w/ the times, even for a college town.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude....you do realize that NYC is the media capital of the world, & where controversy/drama drives the headlines not only there but for many outside markets, right??
Maybe you just need to get out of Eugene once in a while.
Don't get me wrong..I like to visit there when driving up to Portland +/or Seattle...but after about 2 or 3 days..it's time to bolt...they're not exactly up w/ the times, even for a college town.
New York City. Fake news capital of the world.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has zero storylines other then waiting for Warriors and Cavs and June to get here. Once June gets here and they have their finals they've been waiting for at year for, the NBA will own the airwaves for a week or so while the Finals play out.

But other then that, this league is just waiting.

This is a clown comment

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hate the league in the Bulls dominated 90s or the Celtics Lakers 80s?
Hated the Bulls. But at least the league seemed competitive with the Magic, Knicks, Pacers out of the East to compete with Chicago and the Jazz, Sonics out of the West.