• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fall of ESPN College Gameday

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading all 15 pages of this thread so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but anyone who has seen Urban Meyer speak knows they could draw as much interest by showing footage of paint drying or sod growing.
I'm sure he won't be relied on for any level of color commentary, but it's hard to look past his experience, especially recent experience, when weighing in on weekly matchups.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our perceptions change as we get older. The only difference is that they've replaced Fowler with Rece Davis, and while I think Rece is good, Fowler was exceptional, but not many are tuning in/away because of the host IMO. And then they added Howard, who like I said earlier isn't anything special, and honestly, I think he's pretty terrible. Then Corso and Kirk.
This is a really good point.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's not a fan boy, he's a former player and Heisman trophy winner. At any rate, what I'm saying is neither of them is going to be influencing anyone's opinion about their respective schools, so it's a moot point.

We’ll just agree to disagree.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI is owned by by Meredith Corp which owns mostly CBS affiliates. They will be competing against Fox Sports.
Do they have a morning show competing in this market?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question - What do you think he's going to say to get non-OSU fans to suddenly become OSU fans?

Ohh I’m not saying it’s going to work. But to totally ignore he’ll have bias or conflict of interest is beyond dumb.he is literally an Ohio state employee. It certainly won’t hurt him to talk up OSU.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh I’m not saying it’s going to work. But to totally ignore he’ll have bias or conflict of interest is beyond dumb.he is literally an Ohio state employee. It certainly won’t hurt him to talk up OSU.
So what do you actually think he's going to say to "talk them up"? Just interested in how this is manifesting itself in your head.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you actually think he's going to say to "talk them up"? Just interested in how this is manifesting itself in your head.

I’m curious how your thinking he won’t be biased at all. I mean I know your homering is one of the The truly exceptional on here but I’m just astonished even you go to this length to pretend it won’t happen.

An just to be clear yet again, there are plenty of bias on television. Difference is none of them are getting paid directly by the university they are bias towards.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m curious how your thinking he won’t be biased at all. I mean I know your homering is one of the The truly exceptional on here but I’m just astonished even you go to this length to pretend it won’t happen.

An just to be clear yet again, there are plenty of bias on television. Difference is none of them are getting paid directly by the university they are bias towards.
And, again, anyone who would actually be influenced by any sort of TV bias isn't going to care if the person is actually being paid by the university or not. What a stupid idea.

I guess we'll just see this fall. Probably best you don't tune in, lest you fall victim to Urban's notoriously charming and charismatic ways as a TV personality.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Meyer should have fired Smith is an idiot. His family was already troubled, lots of issues for both of the spouses and you think the best way to help them is to take away their only income? I am not saying this was Meyer's motivation but keep Smith there and him having access to counselors of all types as well as the availability for his wife was the best option to help.
Two things:
I am not an idiot. I am stating facts. If stating makes makes me an idiot then so be it .

Secondly, Meyer should have fired that SHITbag loooooong time ago. Anyone who thinks Meyer didn't fuck that whole thing up is likely an idiot

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. But again, who gives a shit? Some reporters weren't able to get their story? Are you really upset for their plight? He didn't break any rules or violate any NCAA bylaws, so why are you so obsessed?
Honestly, I am not obsessed. I was just pointing out that pairing Reggie Bush and Urban Meyer two known liars isn't going to lead to the downfall of College Game Day. Yep, that was my original comment.

Perhaps you are obsessed because you have been beating a
chuck-dead-horse-raffle-featured.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am not obsessed. I was just pointing out that pairing Reggie Bush and Urban Meyer two known liars isn't going to lead to the downfall of College Game Day. Yep, that was my original comment.

Perhaps you are obsessed because you have been beating a
chuck-dead-horse-raffle-featured.jpg
To each their own, I guess. We'll just see what happens.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:
I am not an idiot. I am stating facts. If stating makes makes me an idiot then so be it .

Secondly, Meyer should have fired that SHITbag loooooong time ago. Anyone who thinks Meyer didn't fuck that whole thing up is likely an idiot
I'd rather have a coach who is suspected of lying to some reporters than a coach who wants to have sleepovers with teenage boys and continuously underachieves on the field.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:

The fact was he was hired at Ohio State. He should not have been if you are to believe the accusations. Once he is there firing him would have and did make the situation worse for the family. Those that called for his firing while employed at Ohio State before he broke any crimes are idiots. Its that simple.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact was he was hired at Ohio State. He should not have been if you are to believe the accusations. Once he is there firing him would have and did make the situation worse for the family. Those that called for his firing while employed at Ohio State before he broke any crimes are idiots. Its that simple.
Once again, you are conveniently ignoring facts. Fact #1, said assistant was a chronic problem. Fact #2 Urban Meyer lied about it. Fact #3, he is no longer the HC because of lying about it.

Seriously, do you honestly believe the reason he isn't coaching right now is because of "headaches"?