• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

List of sure thing coaching hires

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden.

Hell he name comes up all the time and gets people all excited....even though he has zero college experience.
Once again, the media forcing their hand in perception. He is on every week talking football, therefore he must make a great college coach because he is on Monday Night Football.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Harbaugh won exactly?

This is a great point. The guy is a great coach, but so far, he hasn't won crap. He may in the future, but I need to see it first.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great point. The guy is a great coach, but so far, he hasn't won crap. He may in the future, but I need to see it first.
He has to prove he can beat Urban.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would almost consider Chris Petersen as one of those cusp buys. Did a great job with Boise and has turned around that Washington program. Understandable if you need to see a more prolonged success at UWash.
You shut your whore mouth! He's terrible. No one should want him.

Seriously though, he's in negotiations for a 10 year contract extension. I think he's already tired of hearing all the rumors every year with his name coming up for every major job and just wants to kill them once and for all. Make sure his recruits know he's not going anywhere.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the media forcing their hand in perception. He is on every week talking football, therefore he must make a great college coach because he is on Monday Night Football.
Perception can be a funny thing. Like thinking that Saban turned around Michigan St. because of what he did at LSU and Bama....

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perception can be a funny thing. Like thinking that Saban turned around Michigan St. because of what he did at LSU and Bama....
Wipe the semen out your eyes and read, maybe it would help you out.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wipe the semen out your eyes and read, maybe it would help you out.
I read it, it doesn't mean I agree with it. After Saban left Michigan St, it took 10 years for them to be good again.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously though, he's in negotiations for a 10 year contract extension. I think he's already tired of hearing all the rumors every year with his name coming up for every major job and just wants to kill them once and for all. Make sure his recruits know he's not going anywhere.
I understand, I'm the same with Dantonio but I wouldn't put him on this list since he really didn't do much at Cincinnati. Although he turned around a dreadful program, he isn't a "can't miss coach". I want to see success at multiple stops for that decision.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of the biggest things in favor of Washington is the children's hospital. I was hoping that could be a huge selling point at LSU since we currently are building one. Peterson has and will never be a guy who shops himself around. I want him, just have known for a while it was a long shot. Wish LSU would have made him the first offer. Make him say no. Although accepting a 10 year deal does that all the same.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest things in favor of Washington is the children's hospital. I was hoping that could be a huge selling point at LSU since we currently are building one. Peterson has and will never be a guy who shops himself around. I want him, just have known for a while it was a long shot. Wish LSU would have made him the first offer. Make him say no. Although accepting a 10 year deal does that all the same.
Petersen is a NW guy with family in this region and had said he would only look west coast for jobs. That really limits him a lot in terms of top level programs. He interviewed for the USC job at one point, and depending on who you listen to he either turned it down, or was turned down by them, but it didn't sound like a fit for either program.

Petersen HATES the media. I mean most coaches don't care for that part of it, but it's far worse for this one. There is literally no member of our media he is even ok with. You can tell in his pressers he can't wait to get out and go back to coaching. He's not a big booster ass kissing kind of guy either. And here they really don't care as long as you win.

When Sark left Petersen had his agent call and talk to UW and express his interest right away. We were all shocked and I'd imagine so was our AD and their staff. No one thought he was ever going to leave Boise. So never say never because it didn't look likely before and he did end up leaving, but I'd be quite surprised to see him do so before things got stale here in some way. I don't think he would go until he feels like he has done all he can at this level.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is a NW guy with family in this region and had said he would only look west coast for jobs. That really limits him a lot in terms of top level programs. He interviewed for the USC job at one point, and depending on who you listen to he either turned it down, or was turned down by them, but it didn't sound like a fit for either program.

Petersen HATES the media. I mean most coaches don't care for that part of it, but it's far worse for this one. There is literally no member of our media he is even ok with. You can tell in his pressers he can't wait to get out and go back to coaching. He's not a big booster ass kissing kind of guy either. And here they really don't care as long as you win.

When Sark left Petersen had his agent call and talk to UW and express his interest right away. We were all shocked and I'd imagine so was our AD and their staff. No one thought he was ever going to leave Boise. So never say never because it didn't look likely before and he did end up leaving, but I'd be quite surprised to see him do so before things got stale here in some way. I don't think he would go until he feels like he has done all he can at this level.
I think he could succeed at LSU. Really wish he would take the opportunity purely to see Peterson vs Saban. Realistically though, as you mentioned he loves the West Coast. Might be a personality clash out here, but hell you can't deny it would be cool to see this guy working his way up from Boise to take on the best the SEC can offer.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Snyder. Guy is just coming into his own imo.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Snyder. Guy is just coming into his own imo.

LOL!

Snyder is seriously a can't miss coach, what he has done with Kansas State is nothing short of incredible.

He never managed to win a national championship there, but had them in the discussion multiple times which was unthinkable before he got there

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the best can't miss coaches aren't going anywhere by the way.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He took over a team that hadn't had a winning season in five years and had NCAA sanctions and made them 10-2 with their only losses being to two of the legends of college football (Dayne and Brees).

The fact that his successors sucked doesn't mean he didn't do a great job.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!

Snyder is seriously a can't miss coach, what he has done with Kansas State is nothing short of incredible.

He never managed to win a national championship there, but had them in the discussion multiple times which was unthinkable before he got there
Imo the guy is one of the best coaches ever. It'd be like someone coming into..... shit I can't even think of a current program as bad as K STATE was... lol. Anyway he's good lol

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wondered how Mark Dantonio would do at an elite program like a USC, Bama, ot TOSU? With the exception of this season, his programs have been top notch.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo the guy is one of the best coaches ever. It'd be like someone coming into..... shit I can't even think of a current program as bad as K STATE was... lol. Anyway he's good lol

It would be like someone making Indiana consistently at the top, except Indiana still isn't as bad as Kansas State was

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always wondered how Mark Dantonio would do at an elite program like a USC, Bama, ot TOSU? With the exception of this season, his programs have been top notch.
I remember a ton of OSU fans missing him as DC during the latter Tressel years.