• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fall of ESPN College Gameday

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the coach of OSU last year, recruited many kids still being recruited and is currently a paid employee of OSU.

You can’t get much more of a conflict of interest than that.

That being said — I don’t really care if he is an analyst at Fox. Nothing about Urban Meyer and Reggie Bush is appealing to me for entertainment. What makes Gameday so good is the atmosphere and personalities on the show. Unless Meyer and Bush are going to talk about the NCAA scandals they’ve been involved with — I will still be watching GD.

Now if they do agree to talk about the issues at Florida and OSU, as well as Reggie getting his family paid to play at USC — I will tune in weekly to see what they have to say.
That's literally not a conflict of interest by any means whatsoever. He's not going to be addressing any recruits, and again, he's not going to be going on there every week trying to pimp OSU. Unlike michigan, we're already a successful program, so we don't need someone acting like an idiotic homer on national television like Desmond Howard.

Everything you've said is unfounded and moronic, as usual.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same as last time.
If that's the case, fine with me. He's not there for entertainment like Corso, he's there to provide high-level insight, and considering he just retired, he has a lot of relevant information about the current college game to share.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this network has been in a freefall for years, this is going to be a major blow to one of it's biggest show:

Fox Hires Urban Meyer, Reggie Bush For Revamped CFB Studio Show

Who in the world would rather watch Gameday with a senile Corso and that meathead Pollack bumbling around for 3 hours, sandwiched around some stupid human interest piece than this?

Brick by brick, the WWL continues to crumble.

Are you serious? No way in hell I'm watching that over Gameday.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watch the last 20 minutes of it

That's about all I catch of it because I'm usually sleeping before then. I'd watch it all if I was up in time though.

I think the only way they can kill it is if they were to do what they did to college football final. I thought that's what the OP was about originally, I thought they were replacing them and putting in Urban and Reggie and I was like - yeah, that would certainly kill it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CGD is, like most things at ESPN, a shell of what it used to be. It's about time a better option came along. I'm definitely hoping this is it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's literally not a conflict of interest by any means whatsoever. He's not going to be addressing any recruits, and again, he's not going to be going on there every week trying to pimp OSU. Unlike michigan, we're already a successful program, so we don't need someone acting like an idiotic homer on national television like Desmond Howard.

Everything you've said is unfounded and moronic, as usual.

Just so I have this right. Desmond Howard, who hasn’t played for UM in 20 years affects recruiting, but Urban Meyer, who coached OSU last year and is a paid employee at OSU right now won’t?

Someone is an idiotic homer, but it isn’t Desmond Howard.:L

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe that Meyer being a homer on this show could be unfair in recruiting because he's getting a paycheck for an unrelated job, but Desmond being a homer for years on CGD isn't the exact same thing in terms of impact on recruits? Come on dude, I'm sure you're trolling but you're better than this.

Has nothing to do with recruiting. It’s putting bias in the minds of the general public to serve the purpose of benefitting OSU. Absolutely all other analysts do it everywhere. The difference is those analysts are getting paid by said university.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CGD is, like most things at ESPN, a shell of what it used to be. It's about time a better option came along. I'm definitely hoping this is it.

HEY, have a wonderful St Patty’s parade day ole buddy. Wish yesterday’s weather was today’s. :gaah:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I have this right. Desmond Howard, who hasn’t played for UM in 20 years affects recruiting, but Urban Meyer, who coached OSU last year and is a paid employee at OSU right now won’t?

Someone is an idiotic homer, but it isn’t Desmond Howard.:L
No, dumbass. Neither of them do. It was a stupid argument that ralphie made to begin with. Desmond has been doing his michigan fanboy thing on CGD for years now and I couldn't care less.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with recruiting. It’s putting bias in the minds of the general public to serve the purpose of benefitting OSU. Absolutely all other analysts do it everywhere. The difference is those analysts are getting paid by said university.
LOL so now Urban is going to be some undercover operative for OSU brainwashing the general public? This might be your dumbest line of posts yet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY, have a wonderful St Patty’s parade day ole buddy. Wish yesterday’s weather was today’s. :gaah:
Are you going to a parade? I haven't bothered with that in years. Too big of a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm heading out with the fiancee and some friends to the pub near our house for some Guinesses and college basketball, then we're heading back to our house to keep it going. What's your drink of choice today?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it's the same ole thing it's always been.
Maybe I've just grown up then. I remember when I was in college, CGD was absolute can't-miss TV, no matter the location. It just seems so much more watered-down now as compared to 10-15 years ago.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the corso hate. has he lost it? yes but the dude is gameday. let him hang around until he decides he's done. he's really not on it a ton anyways.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the corso hate. has he lost it? yes but the dude is gameday. let him hang around until he decides he's done. he's really not on it a ton anyways.
I think that has something to do with it. Back in the day, his "not so fast" was usually followed up with some sort of relevant statistic that could make you fairly question the original pick. Now it's just him bumbling over his words or just basically saying the name of the other team. The more and more out there he gets, the less interesting the show becomes IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah come on you old bunny eared curmudgeon, it is Urbie and Reggie man! Errrybody likes 'em!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so having an impact on recruits with homerism on a nationally televised show only matters if you're also getting paid by the school for a different job?

No, dumbass. Neither of them do. It was a stupid argument that ralphie made to begin with. Desmond has been doing his michigan fanboy thing on CGD for years now and I couldn't care less.

You talk in circles so much, you don’t even remember what you say.

I put your quote up there for you.......dumbass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk in circles so much, you don’t even remember what you say.

I put your quote up there for you.......dumbass.
I never said Desmond actually has an impact on people's beliefs, because I don't think that. For the sake of the argument against Urban, I was pointing out the hypocrisy based on Urban and Desmond having the same jobs on a nationally televised pregame show. Not difficult to figure out.