• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fall of ESPN College Gameday

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this network has been in a freefall for years, this is going to be a major blow to one of it's biggest show:

Fox Hires Urban Meyer, Reggie Bush For Revamped CFB Studio Show

Who in the world would rather watch Gameday with a senile Corso and that meathead Pollack bumbling around for 3 hours, sandwiched around some stupid human interest piece than this?

Brick by brick, the WWL continues to crumble.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this network has been in a freefall for years, this is going to be a major blow to one of it's biggest show:

Who in the world would rather watch Gameday with a senile Corso and that meathead Pollack bumbling around for 3 hours, sandwiched around some stupid human interest piece than this?

so....2 college cheaters that have embarrassed the sport vs corso?

ill take corso

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even need to say that Corso has more personality. He has personality and if I'm going to watch someone talk sports, I prefer they be above drywall level.

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did Urban cheat? Or are you just an idiot?
tumblr_lw7xfryV741r0209j.gif

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meyer and Bush sound awful...will not watch.

Hire Booger McFarlin and Clay Travis...I'll tune in.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even need to say that Corso has more personality. He has personality and if I'm going to watch someone talk sports, I prefer they be above drywall level.
It ain't a Broadway show. I just want to watch someone who will actually talk about sports. Corso has personality because he's got a screw loose, but it's been a while since he's actually been a coherent sports commentator. I don't hate him, but he's far from being enough to salvage that crew. Marty Smith is the best part of that program IMO.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that shit gets over 150K viewers I'd be pretty stunned.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that shit gets over 150K viewers I'd be pretty stunned.
That shitbox Wake Up show is getting way more than that. It's not a secret that people have been looking for an alternative to ESPN, I'm sure this will get plenty of viewers.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shitbox Wake Up show is getting way more than that. It's not a secret that people have been looking for an alternative to ESPN, I'm sure this will get plenty of viewers.

I just noticed this was on Fox and not FS1. I'd still be surprised if it did good in the ratings. When FS1 tried this a couple years ago it was a massive failure. The cost won't be justified by the ratings, but Fox has a shit load of money to throw around so it won't matter.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed this was on Fox and not FS1. I'd still be surprised if it did good in the ratings. When FS1 tried this a couple years ago it was a massive failure. The cost won't be justified by the ratings, but Fox has a shit load of money to throw around so it won't matter.
I might tune in then. They'll talk about B1G and Big 12 games more than Gameday will, at least.

No chance if it was on FS1

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not immediately, but it's quite a change from what we're used to. I've barely watched CGD for the past couple years, but I'll definitely give this a try. I'd take that cast over what we're getting on CGD these days. Other than Marty Smith and the occasional zany quip from Corso, there's not much else to enjoy.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One who cheated and one who repeatedly enable criminals. Get it right.
en·a·ble
/enˈāb(ə)l,inˈāb(ə)l/
verb
  1. 1.
    give (someone or something) the authority or means to do something.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not immediately, but it's quite a change from what we're used to. I've barely watched CGD for the past couple years, but I'll definitely give this a try. I'd take that cast over what we're getting on CGD these days. Other than Marty Smith and the occasional zany quip from Corso, there's not much else to enjoy.

Why would you take that cast? Simply because it's Meyer? He wasn't all that good on TV the last time around. Obviously he has knowledge, but so does everyone else. Rece Davis is great, Herbie is great. But the best thing about CGD is the atmosphere, not the analysis. I don't watch it that much anymore either, but what Fox is throwing together certainly won't make me watch theirs either. And I'm a huge fan of Quinn obviously.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass
Not interested in FOX Sports or it's bias for the BIG 10

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you take that cast? Simply because it's Meyer? He wasn't all that good on TV the last time around. Obviously he has knowledge, but so does everyone else. Rece Davis is great, Herbie is great. But the best thing about CGD is the atmosphere, not the analysis. I don't watch it that much anymore either, but what Fox is throwing together certainly won't make me watch theirs either. And I'm a huge fan of Quinn obviously.
Like I posted earlier, I'll watch because they'll talk more B1G (not including OSU... OSU gets airtime on gameday), and because it's network tv. It's much easier to tune to, than setting my VPN, and finding a Reddit stream of Gameday.

That's where they'll have their best chance... The cord cutters.