• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fall of ESPN College Gameday

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Desmond actually has an impact on people's beliefs, because I don't think that. For the sake of the argument against Urban, I was pointing out the hypocrisy based on Urban and Desmond having the same jobs on a nationally televised pregame show. Not difficult to figure out.
Oh, so you said it, but you didn’t really mean it. Got it.:L

And once again — Desmond Howard And Urban Meyer’s situations arent even remotely similar.

Howard hasn’t played CFB in 20+ years. Has no affiliation to UM other than his own opinions. The same thing Pollack, Davis and Herbstreit have with Georgia, ND and OSU.

Urban Meyer coached at OSU last year and he is a paid employee of OSU right now.

You are telling me you don’t understand the difference?

Also — as I said, I personally couldn’t care less if Urban Meyer is an analyst. There is nothing appealing about Meyer and Bush. No one wants to sit and watch an X’s and O’s breakdown. I watch Gameday for the entertainment value. Nothing about Meyer and Bush screams entertainment.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so you said it, but you didn’t really mean it. Got it.:L

And once again — Desmond Howard And Urban Meyer’s situations arent even remotely similar.

Howard hasn’t played CFB in 20+ years. Has no affiliation to UM other than his own opinions. The same thing Pollack, Davis and Herbstreit have with Georgia, ND and OSU.

Urban Meyer coached at OSU last year and he is a paid employee of OSU right now.

You are telling me you don’t understand the difference?

Also — as I said, I personally couldn’t care less if Urban Meyer is an analyst. There is nothing appealing about Meyer and Bush. No one wants to sit and watch an X’s and O’s breakdown. I watch Gameday for the entertainment value. Nothing about Meyer and Bush screams entertainment.
This is a horrible, incoherent response. Hope you had a good St. Patty's Day.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to post but then realized, trust me I know Im right, post so I knew it was a waste of time.

Look forward to the new show.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to a parade? I haven't bothered with that in years. Too big of a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm heading out with the fiancee and some friends to the pub near our house for some Guinesses and college basketball, then we're heading back to our house to keep it going. What's your drink of choice today?

Yeah, our town has a parade always the Saturday before the 17. In-laws are watching the kids so some friends and us went out. Was real fun. I just drank a bunch of bud light green aluminums and some naturdays. Wasn’t bad at all. Hope you enjoyed your Guinness.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so now Urban is going to be some undercover operative for OSU brainwashing the general public? This might be your dumbest line of posts yet.

Your inability to see the difference between a fan boy doing it and a university employee doing it is troubling.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX's college gameday is going to be equivalent to ESPN's College basketball gameday.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible, incoherent response. Hope you had a good St. Patty's Day.

Nothing about my response was incoherent. I drink, maybe 1-2 times a year, with some years, I go without drinking at all. Got my drinking years out of the way when I was in college.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I've just grown up then. I remember when I was in college, CGD was absolute can't-miss TV, no matter the location. It just seems so much more watered-down now as compared to 10-15 years ago.

I think our perceptions change as we get older. The only difference is that they've replaced Fowler with Rece Davis, and while I think Rece is good, Fowler was exceptional, but not many are tuning in/away because of the host IMO. And then they added Howard, who like I said earlier isn't anything special, and honestly, I think he's pretty terrible. Then Corso and Kirk.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite quote from the article......

"Meyer worked at ESPN for the 2011 season and it was completely unmemorable. His personality is the complete opposite of what you'd want someone to have if you're going to tune in and watch them on TV every week"

It's exactly what we have been saying.
But all the Ohio State fans will be tuning in telling you he deserves an Emmy.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading all 15 pages of this thread so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but anyone who has seen Urban Meyer speak knows they could draw as much interest by showing footage of paint drying or sod growing.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading all 15 pages of this thread so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse, but anyone who has seen Urban Meyer speak knows they could draw as much interest by showing footage of paint drying or sod growing.
You saying he's a droll, boorish, misanthropic son of a bitch?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your inability to see the difference between a fan boy doing it and a university employee doing it is troubling.
Well he's not a fan boy, he's a former player and Heisman trophy winner. At any rate, what I'm saying is neither of them is going to be influencing anyone's opinion about their respective schools, so it's a moot point.