• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fall of ESPN College Gameday

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why did you give me a bullshit rating then?

Hey its not my problem you are sinking like a rock trying to defend that guy. That's your problem
I call it like I see it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you are conveniently ignoring facts. Fact #1, said assistant was a chronic problem. Fact #2 Urban Meyer lied about it. Fact #3, he is no longer the HC because of lying about it.

Seriously, do you honestly believe the reason he isn't coaching right now is because of "headaches"?
He was a problem and Meyer made a choice to keep him on and only he knows his motivation but I do know that taking away any income and support system from a troubled family does not help.
He did lie to the press. I dont care about the press they lie every day. IMO he owns them zero honesty.
He could still be coaching for the Buckeyes if he choose so yes I believe he retired due to his health. Since the scadal was gone, recruits were still signing and the team was still winning he had not reason to step down due to his lies. If he was it would have happened before the season started.

By the way "Fact #3 is not a fact its an opinion if you are going to lose anymore sleep on your BS rating.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a problem and Meyer made a choice to keep him on and only he knows his motivation but I do know that taking away any income and support system from a troubled family does not help.
He did lie to the press. I dont care about the press they lie every day. IMO he owns them zero honesty.
He could still be coaching for the Buckeyes if he choose so yes I believe he retired due to his health. Since the scadal was gone, recruits were still signing and the team was still winning he had not reason to step down due to his lies. If he was it would have happened before the season started.

By the way "Fact #3 is not a fact its an opinion if you are going to lose anymore sleep on your BS rating.
Man, that guy is piiiiisssssed

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the ass whooping is still bothering him but all of this has been posted a thousand times by both sides. Not sure why Meyer is still living in his head.
He should be happy about the ass kicking. It made Urban lose his fire and just give up coaching. It’s their only win against Ohio State in the Meyer era.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen people try and cover their asses before, but this may be the first documented case of someone trying to cover multiple asses

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen people try and cover their asses before, but this may be the first documented case of someone trying to cover multiple asses
What funny is you have no retort. You just use some BS and then roll over and show your belly. I guess you have been watching the football team enough to learn that one...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What funny is you have no retort. You just use some BS and then roll over and show your belly. I guess you have been watching the football team enough to learn that one...
Just curious, do you have any issue with ESPN pimping the SEC as the greatest thing ever in college football or that the ACC is unstoppable in college basketball?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, do you have any issue with ESPN pimping the SEC as the greatest thing ever in college football or that the ACC is unstoppable in college basketball?
They are looking at their bottom lines. Its a money business and higher rankings usually means more hype and more viewers. Any entity would do the same. Plus I want to watch as many games as possible.

Overall since we have a committee that is supposed to be independent and actually watch games, not really any problem.

Also I dont think its the entire SEC or ACC. They do cherry pick the best teams.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, again, anyone who would actually be influenced by any sort of TV bias isn't going to care if the person is actually being paid by the university or not. What a stupid idea.

I guess we'll just see this fall. Probably best you don't tune in, lest you fall victim to Urban's notoriously charming and charismatic ways as a TV personality.

An again anyone dismissing a university employee of having any bias toward said university is beyond naive.

You don’t have to worry about me tuning in. Enjoy it while you can.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ellupo

It is interesting Urban retired for his health. Yet has two jobs or some could even argue 3. What are your thoughts on that?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind me, I am just here to beat a dead horse to death and have a little fun. Carry on.

8539586.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ellupo

It is interesting Urban retired for his health. Yet has two jobs or some could even argue 3. What are your thoughts on that?
I would think his new jobs are much less stressful than the HC at a major college football program. What do you think?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think his new jobs are much less stressful than the HC at a major college football program. What do you think?

Absolutely less stress no doubt. But he has 3 of them now. Does that seem smart?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely less stress no doubt. But he has 3 of them now. Does that seem smart?
What is the work load for each? If each job was only 2 hours a week he could have 30 and still be less stressful than his previous position. I would need to know more about each to have an opinion if it is smart or not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the work load for each? If each job was only 2 hours a week he could have 30 and still be less stressful than his previous position. I would need to know more about each to have an opinion if it is smart or not.

I mean he is teaching a class and is assistant athletic director then flying across the country (can’t imagine that show will be anywhere else but an LA studio) on the weekends to do a show. I can’t imagine that work load is minimal.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is teaching a class and is assistant athletic director then flying across the country (can’t imagine that show will be anywhere else but an LA studio) on the weekends to do a show. I can’t imagine that work load is minimal.
One job is work on the weeked for 16 weeks. I have no idea on the work load for a professor. When I was in school I dealt mostly with the graduate assistant. But I have no real info on what the workload will be overall. I am guess the Assistant AD will go along with the teach and he maybe working a 40 week with those together. Maybe 50 but still less than the HC IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One job is work on the weeked for 16 weeks. I have no idea on the work load for a professor. When I was in school I dealt mostly with the graduate assistant. But I have no real info on what the workload will be overall. I am guess the Assistant AD will go along with the teach and he maybe working a 40 week with those together. Maybe 50 but still less than the HC IMO.
As a HC he was working well over 50 hour work weeks. Probably closer to 80 when you consider recruiting trips, practice, film study, and general game prep. They all do.

The "assistant AD" tag means nothing. There are tons of "assistant" and "associate" athletic directors at OSU. It's basically just a title. Take a look.

Athletics, Department of- Departmental Listings - The Ohio State University

Ralphie is just milking this for whatever he can get. He knows he's blowing hot air at this point.