• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Case for trading Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If theyre willing to trade him,other teams would be thinking why.......if thats the case,we wont be getting much......

lol. you simpleton.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. you simpleton.

Lol.....sorry pal,but if the Bears dont want him cause he cant pass,why would another team give up a hi pick for him......

This trading Fields rumour does nothing for us........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....sorry pal,but if the Bears dont want him cause he cant pass,why would another team give up a hi pick for him......

This trading Fields rumour does nothing for us........

Maybe you should ask Poles why we gave up a high pick for a WR that lost his job to a rookie.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference being they have intimate understanding of Fields because he's on our team. Whereas Claypool is a foreign commodity. In other words, they know Fields better than they knew Claypool, by a long shot.

Do you still believe the Claypool trade was a good one? Stubborn much?

So they are amazing at scouting their own players but can’t scout other teams players?

So how can you have any faith they will draft the right QB if they trade Fields?

Not stubborn at all. The Claypool trade isn’t aging well at all. But like I said when it was done it’s a trade for the future, it wasn’t a trade for the 22 season. So to truly call it a bust trade we need to see what Chase does or doesn’t do next season.

There’s just no consistency in what you’re saying. If the Bears trade Fields it doesn’t automatically mean it was the right move because they know him. If you acknowledge Poles is able to make a bad trade then there’s certainly a chance he can do it again….with his own player or someone else’s.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should ask Poles why we gave up a high pick for a WR that lost his job to a rookie.

He maybe a dumbass......??.....I dont know.

We will find out what hes worth after neaxt season is over......

So tell me ol'wise one,whats JF worth right now if we were to trade him.....?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are amazing at scouting their own players but can’t scout other teams players?
Who said anything about amazing? Our coaching staff knows Fields better than any other coaching staff in the NFL. Just like Pitt knew Claypool better than we knew Claypool. Omg seriously?

So how can you have any faith they will draft the right QB if they trade Fields?
When did i say i had faith they'd do the right thing. I've been very vocal about not trading Fields. They would be stupid to trade Fields without having a solid reason. And to them if what they know intimately of Fields they believe isn't enough to cut it, it's not stupid for them to trade away Fields based on that understanding.

Not stubborn at all. The Claypool trade isn’t aging well at all. But like I said when it was done it’s a trade for the future, it wasn’t a trade for the 22 season. So to truly call it a bust trade we need to see what Chase does or doesn’t do next season.
Bullshit. It was a bad trade because we overpaid. How Chase does next year have no bearing on whether we overpaid for him at the time of the trade.

There’s just no consistency in what you’re saying. If the Bears trade Fields it doesn’t automatically mean it was the right move because they know him. If you acknowledge Poles is able to make a bad trade then there’s certainly a chance he can do it again….with his own player or someone else’s.
Lets put it this way. If our coaching staff hates Fields based on what they see in practices, and they whole heartedly believe Fields will never be able to pass consistently or accurately in the NFL. Furthermore their scouting tells them B Young has a higher ceiling than Fields and believe Young to be a future superstar. Then they must make the trade. And it would stupid if they didn't make the trade.

That does not mean they'll "automatically" end up being "right".

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, why is Poles the only dumbass GM out there?

I wouldn't trade Fields for anything less than a 1st and 3rd.

I didnt ask you what you would do,I asked you what he is worth.....So we trade JF for a 1st and a 3rd.......then what draft a new qb and start over......??

If they trade him,they think he does not have the goods to be an elite qb,and no other team will take him for top picks.......
If they think he does have the goods,then why would they trade him......to start over with a new qb that they have no idea if he has the it factor and to garner a 3rd......??

Dumb........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, why is Poles the only dumbass GM out there?

I wouldn't trade Fields for anything less than a 1st and 3rd.

Who said anything about amazing? Our coaching staff knows Fields better than any other coaching staff in the NFL. Just like Pitt knew Claypool better than we knew Claypool. Omg seriously?

When did i say i had faith they'd do the right thing. I've been very vocal about not trading Fields. They would be stupid to trade Fields without having a solid reason. And to them if what they know intimately of Fields they believe isn't enough to cut it, it's not stupid for them to trade away Fields based on that understanding.

Lets put it this way. If our coaching staff hates Fields based on what they see in practices, and they whole heartedly believe Fields will never be able to pass consistently or accurately in the NFL. Furthermore their scouting tells them B Young has a higher ceiling than Fields and believe Young to be a future superstar. Then they must make the trade. And it would stupid if they didn't make the trade.

On one hand you say,(not what hes actually worth) you want a 1st and a 3rd.....
On the other hand,you say if the front office knows he doesnt have the it factor,how do you expect to get your so- called 1st and 3rd.....??

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand,you say if the front office knows he doesnt have the it factor,how do you expect to get your so- called 1st and 3rd.....??
Are you seriously this dumb?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every team knows their own players better. Does that mean every time a team trades one of their own it was the right move? No, it doesn’t.

GMs make mistakes.
When did i say i had faith they'd do the right thing. I've been very vocal about not trading Fields. They would be stupid to trade Fields without having a solid reason. And to them if what they know intimately of Fields they believe isn't enough to cut it, it's not stupid for them to trade away Fields based on that understanding

It could still be stupid because they could be wrong.
Bullshit. It was a bad trade because we overpaid. How Chase does next year have no bearing on whether we overpaid for him at the time of the trade
The overpay was acknowledged and explained by Poles. It was purposeful. So continuing to whine about it is silly.

And after all that….they could be wrong. Which would make the whole thing stupid.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the logic but other GMs around the league would likely scout Fields as being far better than the QBs available to them via the draft. And there aren’t better options via trade when you consider Rodgers age. Maybe Carr but he’s also not young.

Fields age plus highlights from this past season likely keep his price tag very high. And if the Colts know they can’t get the #1 pick…..they likely still sell out to trade for Fields.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team knows their own players better. Does that mean every time a team trades one of their own it was the right move? No, it doesn’t.

GMs make mistakes.
Where did i say GMs can't make mistakes?
And if you acknowledge every team knows their own players better why did you say "So they are amazing at scouting their own players but can’t scout other teams players?" You just proved my point

It could still be stupid because they could be wrong.
Correct. Or it could be genius.

The overpay was acknowledged and explained by Poles. It was purposeful. So continuing to whine about it is silly.
I said that trade was stupid before Poles spoke.

And after all that….they could be wrong. Which would make the whole thing stupid.
Right. Or they could be correct. What is your point? Where is my contradiction? Where is the error in what i said:

If management/coaching staff like Young better than Fields based on what they know intimately of Fields and their evaluation of Young, it would be stupid for them NOT to trade Fields. Otherwise they are not doing their jobs. This DOES NOT mean they will ultimately be right. Because no one has a crystal ball. (Except me when it came to Claypool)

I swear I have to explain everything 50x on this board to a bunch of uneducated idiots

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the logic but other GMs around the league would likely scout Fields as being far better than the QBs available to them via the draft. And there aren’t better options via trade when you consider Rodgers age. Maybe Carr but he’s also not young.

Fields age plus highlights from this past season likely keep his price tag very high. And if the Colts know they can’t get the #1 pick…..they likely still sell out to trade for Fields.

With 4 Qbs most likley taken in the 1st rd
Young
Levis
Stroud
and Richardson
Then you have
Rodgers and Carr
Thats 6 qbs that would be targeted before JF......

Then theres like 5 teams needing qb,maybe 6.....and two of these teams will be off the board once free agency starts.
Texans
Cots
Jets
Carolina
LV
Atl

Teams will be forcing the Bears hand by not trading for Fields knowing they do not need 2 no.1 qbs......

Bears wont get much as maybe a 2nd and something else lower than that......no way do we get a 1st......

I do not see a reason the Colts give up the no.4 pick for JF with a those qbs still on the board.........exception of course being the free agents.....

But I just dont believe he is being traded to begin with.......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, when we traded Mitch I would say there was a 5-10% chance he would go to another team and really make us regret it. I didn't expect it at all...I mean, in the right situation maybe...but Mitch was not the goods.

If we drop Justin Fields, I would give it a greater than 50% chance that if he's given the right tools around him that he's going to make us look f*cking stupid and ball out. If the Bears actually trade him (I still think this is near a 0% chance of happening), the QB we get better be really f*cking good because it will have to negate what we most likely lose in Fields.

It's bad enough we have the Trubisky over Mahomes cloud, I really don't want another one....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, when we traded Mitch I would say there was a 5-10% chance he would go to another team and really make us regret it. I didn't expect it at all...I mean, in the right situation maybe...but Mitch was not the goods.

If we drop Justin Fields, I would give it a greater than 50% chance that if he's given the right tools around him that he's going to make us look f*cking stupid and ball out. If the Bears actually trade him (I still think this is near a 0% chance of happening), the QB we get better be really f*cking good because it will have to negate what we most likely lose in Fields.

It's bad enough we have the Trubisky over Mahomes cloud, I really don't want another one....

Basically we should make the right move. Great insight you knucklehead.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, you're too stupid to know I did. That's why you are immensely dumb.

So you think hes worth a 1st and a 3rd.....??

If we did happen to trade him for a 1st,it would be to a team like TB......so badically youd be right,but its still not one of the top teams looking to trade for Fields.....theyre not dong that trade........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think hes worth a 1st and a 3rd.....??

If we did happen to trade him for a 1st,it would be to a team like TB......so badically youd be right,but its still not one of the top teams looking to trade for Fields.....theyre not dong that trade........

And? What is your point? Nobody has any idea what they're going to do yet. So calm down dummy. We're all just speculating and reporting on what the current rumors are. But to flatly to say absolutely Fields won't be traded is stupid. There's a lot of smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.